04-17-15 09:59 AM
35 12
tools
    I've had my Z10 for a year and a half, I left Android because I wanted something new and exciting and I do not like the Android operating system. The past few months my z10 has had a mind of its own. Some days my battery is fine and sometimes it's almost dead by 10 AM. Today I went to send a text and all of my messages are gone!! My contacts seem to appear and disappear as they please and most of my apps crash every time I open them. I'm frustrated!!

Posted via CB10
    007Storm and maddie1128 like this.
    04-15-15 12:56 PM
    Get the last os for your phone using an autoloader. Problems solved.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2726
    04-15-15 01:02 PM
    Back up your device using BlackBerry Link, reload your current OS via Link, reload your data...and life should be good. Or you can look in the forums for the latest Autoloader leaked OS for your device. Back up via link, run the autoloader from our desk top, reload your data via link and all should be good.

Hit me up if you need any help

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-15 01:08 PM
    All I can tell you is "to change from z10 to any other bb10 device"
    I also loved my z10 and wasn't willing to part with it. But no fm radio feature and always having to calibrate battery made me switch and after getting my z30, life has been good. I sometimes don't even remember I ever own a z10.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    Carjackd and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-15-15 01:34 PM
    went from Z10 to passport because of battery issues couldn't get my device to last longer than 4 hours, on a side note i am a very very extensive user so this is a problem. Since on passport i can get guaranteed 1 day 2 days if i sip at it a little less never been happier.
    04-15-15 01:43 PM
    Yes, Lindsey, like my fellow CB members have said, resort to workarounds to make the phone work for you instead of purchasing a phone that just works for you, that's obviously the brightest idea.
    04-15-15 01:45 PM
    Yes load up the latest leak don't forget to backup

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:48 PM
    The past few months my z10 has had a mind of its own...
    Any idea what may have changed on your phone a few months ago? An OS update? Install any unusual apps at the time?

As others suggested, loading a fresh OS should fix it (unless it's an app causing it). I never restore the data afterwards, I just re-enter everything and copy back my music and other files manually. Tedious, but then I know everything is clean and fresh
    04-15-15 02:25 PM
    Have a Z10 STL100-1 10.3.1.2582 since march 2013 with no any problems or issues reported!! simply works great!!
    04-15-15 02:35 PM
    Yes, Lindsey, like my fellow CB members have said, resort to workarounds to make the phone work for you instead of purchasing a phone that just works for you, that's obviously the brightest idea.
    My thoughts exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:37 PM
    I am still running 10.2, thanks to Verizon. But even with 10.3 I am still running Android apps because not allthe apps I use are offered in Blackberry world. If I wanted Android apps I'd buy an Android!! I've been a Blackberry user on and off for 5 years, but I think enough is enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:42 PM
    Kinda what happens when you post about leaving BlackBerry for another device; as if it's newsworthy what your personal choice is. What do you expect?
    Jahtruth and sbx9900 like this.
    04-15-15 02:44 PM
    Well on the apps side i can feel you... its laaame.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2726
    04-15-15 02:45 PM
    She said she doesn't like Android operating system, and that she has a problem with her Z10 "the last few months". Seems to make sense to fix whatever went wrong.

Posted via CB10
    dslocumb and sbx9900 like this.
    04-15-15 02:50 PM
    One would think that before changing entire ecosystems one would at least give the latest 10.3.1 OS a shot. A nice fresh install after 18 months might do some good.

Of course you should use whatever works for you, but I can't see how that one small simple step would hurt. At least you'd confirm your decision if nothing else.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-15-15 02:54 PM
    Well talk about a sheltered life..... FrankIAm et all obviously have not been exposed to the real world.... Went through 3 Phone 6 in one month... had the phone crippled twice. One where my restore files would not restore.,.. the other where Apple pushed out an update that turned off the capability to make a call.... My HP laptop dies.... was nightmare to get it serviced. My 1st gen IPad will never get an update ever again and most new apps do not run... so yes only Blackberry has issues with devices and OS... yup... every other brand works out of the box..... no issues.. Yah right....
    04-15-15 02:56 PM
    I am still running 10.2, thanks to Verizon. But even with 10.3 I am still running Android apps because not allthe apps I use are offered in Blackberry world. If I wanted Android apps I'd buy an Android!! I've been a Blackberry user on and off for 5 years, but I think enough is enough.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if you are looking for the BlackBerry App situation to get better, it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all. So you hate android so bad you don't even want their apps running on your phone...and BlackBerry world doesn't satisfy your "App"etite ......

Well, I have the solution for you....... http://www.imore.com

And so ends another bye bye blackberry thread! Thx 4 play'n

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    04-15-15 03:18 PM
    And every other manufacturer has never had a problem... only BlackBerry?

That's right... they just 'work'

iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app libraries

http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-fix-...-and-crashing/

Do Windows Phones crash this much? - Windows Central Forums

lol
    04-15-15 03:20 PM
    Wow that's a lot of weird stuff going on on that Z10 of yours. Full (security) wipe, restoration of factory settings and perhaps freshly install the latest regular, official OS available.

If that doesn't help perhaps it is a hardware issue. And it needs replacing. Not too bad after 18 months. Just get a new BlackBerry device, it worked fine up till now didn't it? So why leave BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-15-15 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is the compromise we must accept as BlackBerry 10 users. If people want native apps go complain to the devs of those apps. Netflix for example is a company that actively blocks BlackBerry 10 users from downloading their app even though it works perfectly...

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 03:35 PM
    I've had my Z10 for a year and a half, I left Android because I wanted something new and exciting and I do not like the Android operating system. The past few months my z10 has had a mind of its own. Some days my battery is fine and sometimes it's almost dead by 10 AM. Today I went to send a text and all of my messages are gone!! My contacts seem to appear and disappear as they please and most of my apps crash every time I open them. I'm frustrated!!

Posted via CB10
    You obviously don't want help as I don't see you asking for any, so why exactly are you making this post? Just quietly put your BlackBerry Z10 in a desk drawer somewhere, go to your nearest carrier store and purchase a new Android or iPhone and continue on with your merry life. No need to come here and complain that a 2 year old phone, running almost 2 year old software (depending on what version of 10.2 you are running) doesn't work properly.

Sorry, just tired of these pointless posts. There's already a thread for people to post in when they want to post about leaving BlackBerry. Go post over there and be done with it. Why bother starting a new post?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm on 10.2 with Verizon as well. I've only experienced a problem with my Z10 when the battery needed to be replaced. Since then ,NOT ONE PROBLEM.
    I didn't have to wipe it and re-install either.
    These batteries are only good for 2 years max.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:02 PM
    "For you".
    04-15-15 04:03 PM
    My thoughts exactly!!
    Go ahead Lindsey! For average users iPhone 6 or any popular high-end Android device are better package now than any BlackBerry device. No workarounds, no guessing game if the apps going to work or not, better support and compatibility. They just work better and hundreds of millions users are happy. Can't go wrong with any name brand. Get 64GB iPhone 6, if you don't like Android. Don't go for iPhone 5S, small battery and screen size for 2015 standards. Good luck!
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-15-15 05:06 PM
    You selling your Berry ?
    04-15-15 06:20 PM
35 12