I'm running MS Exchange 2003 and previously my 9900 worked on a BES. Now with the Z10 I can't get on the BES b/c my reseller hasn't upgraded so I'm using ActiveSync. I've identified the following problems:

1. Emails filed or deleted on the Z10 do not sync on Exchange 2003 but I can send and receive on it
    2. Calendar entries do not sync
    3. Tasks/Notes/Reminders do not sync

I have no trouble with any of this on iPad although notes don't sync but Tasks do.

Question for the geniuses here (before I return the Z10 brick):

If in upgrade to MS Exchange 2010 will I be able to get 1-3 above working properly? Also, will there be 3rd party BES resellers in the future?

My gratitude to all!
    02-08-13 02:37 AM
    Your help please
    02-08-13 09:11 AM
    We are having the exact same issue here. We got 4 Z10's yesterday. Mine was working well for a while but my co-workers wasn't. We were on the phone with a BB tech for close to 8 hours total over the last 2 days. He said it might be because of Exchange 2003. All tablets that we have tried (Android, PlayBook, and iPad) all are working. We tried using BES 10 and without BES 10 (EAS only), nothing is working. Someone must know the answer to this......we are planning to upgrade to Exchange 2010 this year, but we were hoping to get these z10's up and running asap. Doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon though.......I should add that after about an hour mine stopped working. Emails stopped being received. It was very intermittent and SLOW when they did get received on the phone at all. We wiped them numerous times as well (security wipe, and balance deletion and re-creation).
    02-15-13 01:47 PM
    I'm running MS Exchange 2003 and previously my 9900 worked on a BES. Now with the Z10 I can't get on the BES b/c my reseller hasn't upgraded so I'm using ActiveSync. I've identified the following problems:

1. Emails filed or deleted on the Z10 do not sync on Exchange 2003 but I can send and receive on it
    2. Calendar entries do not sync
    3. Tasks/Notes/Reminders do not sync

I have no trouble with any of this on iPad although notes don't sync but Tasks do.

Question for the geniuses here (before I return the Z10 brick):

If in upgrade to MS Exchange 2010 will I be able to get 1-3 above working properly? Also, will there be 3rd party BES resellers in the future?

My gratitude to all!
    I can answer # 3 for sure. There have been a few threads on this forum about the "Notes" feature not showing up. I posted an answer here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...mo-pad-769245/ explaining that you need to have Exchange 2010 or aboveto have the Notes sync via Active Sync. I run a few different versions of Exchange for clients and I can confirm this - the notes do show up on BES 10 servers combined with Exchange 2010 activesync.

I haven't had any issues like you have (#1. and #2.) but I can confirm that any client with BES10 and Exchange 2010 that I work with seem to be having no issues with syncing their Z10s and e-mail accounts.
    02-15-13 02:15 PM
    BlackBerry should've came out with some kind of documentation stating that there is issues with Exchange 2003. When BB 10 hits the market in the US and many Enterprise companies are still using Exchange 2003, BlackBerry will have some serious explaining to do......we were on the phone with the tech for another 2 hours today and he still can't figure it out. He swears up and down that Exchange 2003 is supposed to work no problem.

My Calendar synced but it took a good half an hour or so. We tried again today on another device and it was totally random. A few calendar items came in but that was about it. Same with emails.

Would we have to totally wipe the user off of the old BES server? I don't see how that would make a difference since it's totally separate on a separate server.
    02-15-13 10:07 PM
    Have these issues been fixed since the lastest major release?
    03-12-13 03:18 PM
    Wilson7777, i suggest you delete the user from the old BES yes. Might interfere when ActiveSync tries to sync to the new devices.

yyzberry, Exchange 2010 will do a 100% sync, compare to older version that CAN'T sync notes. I also had problems at first, but it was an authentification setting on Exchange 2003. Might have a look on your Exchange 2003 server log events if there isn't something there.
    03-12-13 03:47 PM
    Hi, I'm having the same issue and I found one workaround.

you have to go to the account configuration, remove the Calendar sync (set it to off), open the calendar to make sure there is nothing from Exchange there, then close the calendar, go back to the account and set calendar sync back to on. It will take a good 3 hours to have all the appointments in, but from that moment forward will sync.

if it happens again (it happens to me every couple of weeks) I repeat the process and is back to sync again.

I'm on the latest 10.2.0 version. not sure if in the leak 10.2.1 is fixed.
    12-03-13 07:17 AM