I experienced the same lag and lack of opening messages, attachments, apps, slow browser, battery drain, etc. I did a reinstall via BB Link earlier today and a few hours later, it;s still the same. I will wait a couple days to see what happens and try to be patient. But, I'm a little worried, because i don't see any difference. Should the lag go away immediately?
    03-17-14 04:41 PM
    it's not so much the apps, but the lag in the hub, it takes forever to open messages and sometimes it doesn't open at all. It goes to a darker shade like it's going to open, and then simply doesn't open. Same with attachments, slow browser, etc. Are these things normal? Didn't happen when I upgraded to 10.1
    03-17-14 04:48 PM
    it's not so much the apps, but the lag in the hub, it takes forever to open messages and sometimes it doesn't open at all. It goes to a darker shade like it's going to open, and then simply doesn't open. Same with attachments, slow browser, etc. Are these things normal? Didn't happen when I upgraded to 10.1
    This isn't normal at all for the latest 10.2.1 something is wrong...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 05:00 PM
    I have same issues and more since the upgrade/update. Phone is warmer than usually, the streaming sux bigtime can't even listen iHeart Radio without constant disconnection and all in all makes me regret I didn't took the $200 offer from T-mo to switch to another device.
    I am not trolling nor bashing BB but WTF! I am paying good money for unlimited plan but I can only use my phone properly on WiFi?!.
    03-17-14 05:25 PM
    Ok... my conclusion... the OTA update sucks... so backup... wipe phone, update and restore.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 05:57 PM
    All through BlackBerry link.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 05:58 PM
    Ok... my conclusion... the OTA update sucks... so backup... wipe phone, update and restore.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Pretty much this. That's what I did. It'll solve the lag and overheating.
    03-17-14 06:51 PM
    after 10.2.1 on tmobile these are my issues

Battery Over heat
    Battery drains faster.
    Text Lags, still happens. not as much as before but is still there.
    i cant open FACEBOOK messages, or notification threw HUB.
    Back up your phone. Perform a security wipe. Reinstall OS thru BlackBerry Link. Then restore your phone data. That should fix all those issues. I also had the text message lag and that same fb notification issue, and the reinstall fixed those as well.
    03-17-14 06:53 PM
    after 10.2.1 on tmobile these are my issues

Battery Over heat
    Battery drains faster.
    Text Lags, still happens. not as much as before but is still there.
    i cant open FACEBOOK messages, or notification threw HUB.
    I have the facebook problems on verizon. Try opening them through the facebook application. They do eventually work.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:34 PM
    A restart and battery pull did not solve any of the above.

There is never any reason to pull a battery on a BB10 device unless the power switch doesn't respond to being held down. You can corrupt things in the OS that way.

I've also read that it takes 2 days or so for the phone to filly index and for the battery to optimize. Any truth to this?
    That is mostly an issue when doing an autoloader install, or an OTA/Link update where the incremental update failed for some reason and reverted to re-installing the whole OS. (The hint that has happened is that the download will be very large)

On a normal OTA/incremental/in-place upgrade, you shouldn't have a lot of high battery usage past the first hour or so. On an autoloader/full install, I've had that last for 3 days in some cases.

So you read a thread posted 90% to by people who have the problem, see that a few people in the thread have the problem, then conclude everyone has the problem?

The answer is no, lots of people had no problem with the OTA update. Accounts of this are all over the place.
    03-17-14 07:55 PM
    Check the battery. It could be slipping off the contacts.

Correct, but not that common.

Software random reboots don't exist anymore. Or else we would all get them.

Incorrect.

There are people that get random restarts with 10.2.1. Not epidemic like it was with 10.0, but occasional. Especially if they have headless apps installed, but that's definitely not the only catalyzing factor.

Luckily I haven't had that issue. However the original random restart issue was what drove me to start installing leaked OS's on my device. Couldn't take it any more.
    03-17-14 07:57 PM
    Yup, I made the mistake of updating OTA to 2141, and in addition to the battery drain, I got the random reboots, generally a couple a day.

This is not unique to the latest OTA, every time I've tried to update in this way, I've had various problems, almost always including the reboots.

Probably something to do with the configuration or data on your device. Something corrupted, or the update is getting interrupted or something. Please don't say you are doing battery pulls.

Personally I'm not a big fan of OTA updates because A) it encourages people to do it on the fly and not think about things like backups, B) it's too vulnerable to issues with wireless connectivity, and C) you don't retain a copy of the OS update off-device in case you want to check it or re-install it etc.

And for what it's worth, T-Mobile never released .2141 in the USA, so you can't really blame them if you are a USA T-Mobile customer and you run into issues with that build. Among other things, .2141 does not support T-Mobile's WiFi calling feature.

How many email, SMS and other messages do you have stored in Hub, and how many accounts do you have enabled? (Email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, BBM, etc.)
    03-17-14 08:05 PM
    I have tmobile and I still have gotten no update

If you have a Z10, that's because T-Mobile rescinded the recent 10.2.1 update for Z10 devices.
    03-17-14 08:07 PM
    Hi, I don't know that the update itself is different, nor do I even know that the resulting OS is positively different.

What I do know, anecdotally, is that

1) OTA updates have always been bad news for my particular handset (STL100-2, UK, updates from TMO); and
    2) Many, many other users have had the same or similar experience.

While this is not empirical test data, my point is just that there is probably a significant issue with the quality of OTA updates for the Z10. Many will argue that this is a problem for the networks. That is as may be, but it BlackBerry don't take an active role in resolving it, other platforms will welcome their disenchanted users with open arms.

Posted via CB10
    At this point, my Z10 us working fine. I have been letting it drain the battery way down, stopping around 6%. I'm not prepared to say the battery life is better just yet, but I think it is just as good.

I will tell you one thing about my download. It wasn't 1.1Gbytes like the posts indicated. More like 680MBytes.

But getting back to OTA versus link, there should be no difference. The is always a chance of data errors with wifi, but the days are long over when data is sent without some sort of hash check. It isn't like BlackBerry sends you an image file, but rather you get a package that uses an installer. It should make no difference between OTA and link. (Those who deal with image files know to verify the file with a hash code.)

Now I will say that doing a wipe and full install could be different. And if so, that would be a BlackBerry bug.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:07 PM
    One lucky duck here! Downloaded via Link and no issues since install. Battery is phenomenal, everything I've tried works...z10 has been in low use (few calls, twitter, email in and out, etc) for 11 hours and still have 62% battery left. As typical, I use unit more in the evening so this should give me about 5 more hours which is perfect for my needs. Loving TMO update and excellent battery life.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    03-17-14 08:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914587

Just a FYI, some say the link is not the same rev as the OTA. I haven't checked this first hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:12 PM

The OP of that thread already acknowledged that the OS worked fine - he had the wrong SIM card installed.

Just a FYI, some say the link is not the same rev as the OTA. I haven't checked this first hand.
    Virtually 100% unlikely to be true.

People are often confused about who is pushing what OS version because they have an unlocked device and they think their home carrier is pushing it when that is not true.
    03-17-14 08:33 PM
    I use all 10 accounts plus bbm/text/ etc. All should be working like it was BEFORE the update. This is annoying me to no end. I even did an update through Link. I'm going to try to backup, wipe, install, restore. This is super frustrating.

Posted with Imohtep. The Egyptian Z10
    03-17-14 08:34 PM
    Pretty much this. That's what I did. It'll solve the lag and overheating.

update: So, I bricked my device. At least I backed it up so now I'm reloading the software and starting over. Hopefully this will fix all of my issues. This has been so much fun! I also hate sarcasm!
    03-18-14 12:10 AM
    update: So, I bricked my device. At least I backed it up so now I'm reloading the software and starting over. Hopefully this will fix all of my issues. This has been so much fun! I also hate sarcasm!
    I hope this will fix your issues. That's exactly what to me: I did a security wipe and bricked my phone. But I backed up my phone before the security wipe. Then I reinstalled the OS via Link, restored my phone's files, and it's all good now. No more lag and overheating, and the hub, including FB, works fine.
    03-18-14 02:11 AM
    text messaging notification doesn't work
    Problems after 10.2.1. TMO update on Z10-img_20140318_143937.png

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:44 AM
    This bad OTA load is T-Mobile trying to get every BB10 user into the store with a defective phone so they can push iPhone on them.

Do you doubt a carrier would do that?

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    Except my phone is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:21 AM
    Yeah, FWIW, mine is up and running 100%.
    03-18-14 10:13 AM
    So it worked. I advise anyone with issues to backup, wipe, reload software, then restore. Fixed my issues. Still shouldn't have had to go through this, especially with a Link installed OS. Sigh. But I'm loving 10.2! Now let's see if this battery life gets back to at least par.

Posted with Imohtep. The Egyptian Z10
    03-18-14 10:18 AM
    It did drop my Starbucks app.
    03-18-14 10:29 AM
122 12345