how i wish i can turn off the pictures in contacts co'z not all of my contacts have pictures. i really don't want to see it empty so i decided to use a specific picture for a specific contact. let say for example:

i will use, Picture 1 for my Friends.
    Picture 2 for my Relatives
    Picture 3 for Landline Numbers
    Picture 4 for co-Workers.
    Picture 5 for special someone.

what bugs me is, the picture i used for these contacts keeps making a duplicate one. like:

i already edited 16 contacts of my relatives, and now i have 17 duplicates of Picture 2.
    is there an option to disable it from making duplicates?
    i really hate to see my Pictures with: Picture2, Picture2_edit, Picture2_edit1 - Picture2_edit17

im afraid becoz i have 257 Regular Contacts ( friends & some aliens ).

BTW: if i used the already edited picture it still make another duplicate. Picture2_edit_edit
    02-08-14 04:02 PM
    I have found that having contacts stored on the sim card causes duplication of contacts. You might try getting them off of the sim, if there, and storing them in the cloud. Doing that very thing got rid of all of my contact duplication problems. Hope this helps.
    02-08-14 04:19 PM
    I have found that having contacts stored on the sim card causes duplication of contacts. You might try getting them off of the sim, if there, and storing them in the cloud. Doing that very thing got rid of all of my contact duplication problems. Hope this helps.
    All of my contacts is save as Local Contact, I assumed it is saved on the Device. There is an Option in Settings to manage the contacts save on SIM, I don't see any so i think I don't have Contacts saved on SIM.
    02-08-14 04:57 PM
    ok, i think i found a trick to avoid duplicates.

go to pictures app > select the picture you want > set as picture contact > boom.

so yeah, that's it for this thread. request for thread closure.
    02-09-14 08:22 AM
    I also notice this on certain pictures, but not others. And when I edit the contact with the same picture, sometimes it shows an edited picture sometimes not. I haven't been able to figure out the difference, because like you said, I am using the exact same picture!

Thanks for the fix, I will try this from now on! I do hate having so many edit_edits_edits_.....

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:30 AM