Hello guys, I bought my new bbz10 just a week ago and is amazing. However, I have been trying to fight with At&T about my data plan. the first time they said that they do not have any plan available to my phone after many times changing data plan and no working at all. the second time they activated the data plan available for bb 9900, but I am getting just 4G and lossing signal every 5 or less minutes.

Anyone suffering the same problem? can anyone who has the phone on AT&T tell me how to get LTE.

thank you.
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    02-20-13 10:00 PM
    Tell them you have an iphone or lumia 920 and you want an lte sim
    02-20-13 10:05 PM
    They gave me an LTE sim but no data working. I called several times and finally get data connection but just 4G. the same data plan for bold 9900 I will call and tell them to activate data plan for lumia to see what happened. they already have my phone registered and they know my IMEI. lets see
    02-20-13 10:18 PM
    now they said they do not have my phone model in their list so they can not activated the data plan for me
    02-20-13 10:35 PM
    I feel like I'm spamming the forum by constantly posting this, but I have been unable to use a Straight Talk AT&T SIM to get any data at all and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the APN settings not being correct on the SIM/On their network. When you go to your APN settings what do you see for a name? I only saw a name of "phone" which I'm supposed to change to att.mvno but I can't. When I use a T-Mobile SIM everything works as expected.
    02-20-13 11:01 PM
    now they said they do not have my phone model in their list so they can not activated the data plan for me
    Yeah, you're going to have problems with AT&T until they launch the phone. They're really picky about who they give data to. If you could get them to change it to an iPhone 5/Lumia/Android plan, you would get LTE. Otherwise, HSPA (4G) is easily fast enough to get by a few days until AT&T launches the phone, and then they'll have a plan for it.
    02-20-13 11:30 PM
    Yeah, you're going to have problems with AT&T until they launch the phone. They're really picky about who they give data to. If you could get them to change it to an iPhone 5/Lumia/Android plan, you would get LTE. Otherwise, HSPA (4G) is easily fast enough to get by a few days until AT&T launches the phone, and then they'll have a plan for it.
    +1...I have mine on AT&T with 4G and it's a great experience, I just went in before I got the phone and had them switch me to a mini sim, didn't mention what phone I'd be using it for, and left my unlimited BIS plan alone...when the phone launches on AT&T I'll take a look at what the plans are and see if they'll even let me have unlimited LTE...
    02-20-13 11:39 PM
    Hello guys, I bought my new bbz10 just a week ago and is amazing. However, I have been trying to fight with At&T about my data plan. the first time they said that they do not have any plan available to my phone after many times changing data plan and no working at all. the second time they activated the data plan available for bb 9900, but I am getting just 4G and lossing signal every 5 or less minutes.

Anyone suffering the same problem? can anyone who has the phone on AT&T tell me how to get LTE.

thank you.
    Hang in there because I'm right there with you. Here's my story:

I purchased an unlocked Koodu BlackBerry z10 last Friday for my US AT&T plan as a replacement for my 9900. Like you, my 3G/4G data comes and goes. My browser will be super fast for a couple minutes, but then will not work after a few more. I have to restart the browser and wait. It's obnoxious and not the way it should be.

I called AT&T tonight and spent 6 hours on the phone with them (and once in the store.) Same story as yours.

They wanted to register my Z10's IMEI number, which makes sense. According to many sources I've come across, using a mismatched IMEI from what's registered to your data plan can cause many odd problems. (I would assume that explains our shared problem of data loss.) After a LONG time, the AT&T phone clerk said she can register the IMEI number, but there's no accompanying data plan that will work with the new BlackBerry line of phones. It's for this reason that we cannot get LTE service. She claimed we'll have to wait until AT&T registers the Z10. We tried several things, but all of them resulted in ZERO data at all.

At one point, after many tries to put things back to the way they were failed, the phone clerk offered two options: A) Do a pay-as-you-go data plan for $2 per megabyte, or B) go without data until the Z10 comes to AT&T. I demanded that her and her supervisors restore the IMEI number and settings I previously had so I could have partial functionality. That's what ended up happening.

It appears that we'll have to wait until late-March to use our phones to capacity. This, of course, absolutely S U C K S since some of paid a premium to get BlackBerry Z10 early.

Best of luck and let me know what you come up with.
    02-20-13 11:40 PM
    +1...I have mine on AT&T with 4G and it's a great experience, I just went in before I got the phone and had them switch me to a mini sim, didn't mention what phone I'd be using it for, and left my unlimited BIS plan alone...when the phone launches on AT&T I'll take a look at what the plans are and see if they'll even let me have unlimited LTE...
    So you're on AT&T with 4g and no problems? Interesting. Do you mind telling me what comes up when you try to change APN settings? As a previous poster mentioned, that might be the root problem for our inconsistent data.
    02-20-13 11:45 PM
    So you're on AT&T with 4g and no problems? Interesting. Do you mind telling me what comes up when you try to change APN settings? As a previous poster mentioned, that might be the root problem for our inconsistent data.
    APN settings are grayed out, can't change. Have had no data dropouts whatsoever that I've noticed, that is whenever I've used data, it's always there, and fast. One thing I made sure to do, is when I first got the unlocked phone, I activated it on the AT&T sim but didn't set it up, didn't log in with BBID...then I did a factory wipe with the AT&T sim still in...then set it up as a new phone when it booted up and connected to AT&T.
    02-21-13 12:05 AM
    This may fix the APN issues we're having with AT&T:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-774407/

This makes sense because the story we heard was that there was nothing new in this leak except for some special stuff for the AT&T launch...
    02-21-13 07:34 AM
    I have LTE on my unlocked phone. The AT&T rep used their Android phone IMEI and changed the last digital as a alternative to register my Sim card on the network. Been working fine ever since.

However if AT&T are giving out the phones for employee training as mentioned in another thread I would assume that you can now register the Z10 IMEI on the network.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 08:59 AM
    How does this change for AT&T MVNO's like Straight Talk? Would they need to register my IMEI anywhere, because they have never asked for it...
    02-21-13 09:03 AM
    Same problem with AT&T data on the Z10. Have had the Z10 for a couple weeks now, 90% of my time is on WiFi so it's not that big of a deal but when I do try to do much browsing on 4G, drops every 5 minutes or so. I came from an iPhone 4S, straight SIM transfer to the Z10.

I manage the AT&T business account at the company I work for so I did spend some time talking with AT&T trying to resolve. Basically "out of luck" until the device is supported because the Z10 IMEI's don't mean anything to AT&T currently. When the phone is supported, we can tie our IMEI's to a "BlackBerry 10 LTE Data Plan" that doesn't exist yet and everything should be resolved. If you can't wait, find someone at AT&T that doesn't care about company "rules" and will use a generated IMEI or someone else's IMEI to get you running.
    02-21-13 09:21 AM
    I am getting LTE on my factory unlocked Z10 with AT&T using just a regular smartphone data plan. Are you sure you are in a LTE area with good reception?
    02-21-13 09:24 AM
    I Called them, they asked me for the imei of the phone to change it from my 9900 and then LTE was working well Problem with my bbz10 and data plan from AT&T-img_00000012.jpg
    datgurl likes this.
    02-21-13 11:03 AM
    thank you buddy. it is a relief that I am not the only one suffering this issue. I think we have to wait until AT&T registers the Z10.
    02-21-13 12:13 PM
    Is LTE data service available in your area? Just because the SIM is rated for LTE does not mean you will get LTE service when it is not available. Does AT&T offer LTE and/or 4G data services in your specific service area?
    datgurl likes this.
    02-21-13 12:16 PM
    Of course the BlackBerry Z10 is not on their list of smartphones because it has not been approved on their network until device testing finishes. At the end of the day, you might have to wait until AT&T officially supports BlackBerry Z10.
    Last edited by kill_9; 02-21-13 at 12:34 PM.
    02-21-13 12:23 PM
    Yep, I am in Orlando. I will go again to the store to see if they can help me now that their employees has the bb10
    02-21-13 12:25 PM
    It appears that we'll have to wait until late-March to use our phones to capacity. This, of course, absolutely S U C K S since some of paid a premium to get BlackBerry Z10 early.
    If it makes you feel better I live in a neighbourhood designated as full LTE coverage at least according to the wireless carrier's map but low and behold I get 1.5-2 bars on LTE and 5 bars on 4G. Now that s u c k s. Hang in there, March is only a week away.
    02-21-13 12:29 PM
    Same problem with AT&T data on the Z10. Have had the Z10 for a couple weeks now, 90% of my time is on WiFi so it's not that big of a deal but when I do try to do much browsing on 4G, drops every 5 minutes or so. I came from an iPhone 4S, straight SIM transfer to the Z10.

I manage the AT&T business account at the company I work for so I did spend some time talking with AT&T trying to resolve. Basically "out of luck" until the device is supported because the Z10 IMEI's don't mean anything to AT&T currently. When the phone is supported, we can tie our IMEI's to a "BlackBerry 10 LTE Data Plan" that doesn't exist yet and everything should be resolved. If you can't wait, find someone at AT&T that doesn't care about company "rules" and will use a generated IMEI or someone else's IMEI to get you running.
    AT&T must be screwing unlocked BlackBerry Z10 users or is this a sample of the experience every BlackBerry 10 subscriber will face in the US? For my carrier there is no BlackBerry-specific data plan for the BlackBerry Z10 so I am on a generic data plan (LTE).
    02-21-13 12:34 PM
    AT&T must be screwing unlocked BlackBerry Z10 users or is this a sample of the experience every BlackBerry 10 subscriber will face in the US? For my carrier there is no BlackBerry-specific data plan for the BlackBerry Z10 so I am on a generic data plan (LTE).
    It's their system - if a phone isn't "available" from AT&T, unlocked or otherwise - they don't seem to want to help. What it seems they are trained to do is, enter the IMEI into their system and wait for it to come up. If the IMEI is an unlocked phone from Virgin Canada for example, it comes up as "not an AT&T device" and they are not given the choice to add LTE. If I showed up and bought an LTE phone in an AT&T store however that took the same SIM size and simply swapped it into my Z10 - it would work perfectly.

I asked them why they can't simply add the IMEI to my account and choose LTE, their response (I quote): "We have to actually add a LTE data plan and both of the systems we use to add these plans are not giving me that choice. This is because the device is not an AT&T supported device."
    02-21-13 12:53 PM
    AT&T loves screwing people over. I've heard reports of people purchasing secondhand AT&T smartphones to use with a regular talk-and-text plan, but AT&T's network detects the IMEI, recognizes it as a smartphone, and then forces the user to add on a data plan.

Even in Canada where we always get ripped off, the carriers don't care what phone you have if you brought your own (even if it's a secondhand model originally sold by them). They don't force you to use a data plan unless you buy a smartphone from them on contract - and if you buy it outright locked from them you're still free to use a regular plan or a "lite data" plan if you want. The only problem you'd possibly face would be related to the radio not supporting certain bands.

It's best to just not tell AT&T what phone you have. Just say you want a micro SIM with LTE.
    02-21-13 12:55 PM
    yep but I need to ask a friend with an LTE phone to provide me their IMEI. It is the only way because in AT&T system appear my blackberry and my previous phone 4S did not have LTE capacity. I already have the LTE sim card but they are not able to activate the data plan
    02-21-13 01:57 PM
46 12