I'm just a little curious if it's possible to turn off the GSM modem directly from within BB10?

As that would make it another great case to use for privacy.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:47 PM
    If your trying to hack your BlackBerry I wouldn't. But if all your concerned about is transmission turning off that radio it's easy go to Settings then Network connections then simply go into airplane mode or turn off your carrier mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    alix901 likes this.
    12-30-13 06:14 PM
    If your trying to hack your BlackBerry I wouldn't. But if all your concerned about is transmission turning off that radio it's easy go to Settings then Network connections then simply go into airplane mode or turn off your carrier mobile network.
    By turning off the "mobile network", do you mean turning off just the internet data? I would like to be able to turn off just the mobile data but still be able to receive phone calls/text messages like a standard phone. Is that possible?
    12-30-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    No worries on that front. I just got curious since I noticed that turning it into airplane mode takes considerable more time. Than any other smartphone I had. Does that indicate that it turns off the hardware?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:31 PM
    By turning off the "mobile network", do you mean turning off just the internet data? I would like to be able to turn off just the mobile data but still be able to receive phone calls/text messages like a standard phone. Is that possible?
    It seems like it's possible by just going into settings. And then go into mobile network. And there you should see two switches. One for data services and one for mobile services. So in your case you should switch off data services.

Posted via CB10
    crashtwenty likes this.
    12-30-13 06:35 PM
    I'm quite curious to if you turn airplane mode on. Does that shut off the GSM modem? Since it takes quite awhile to completely turn on.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:47 AM
    I'm quite curious to if you turn airplane mode on. Does that shut off the GSM modem? Since it takes quite awhile to completely turn on.

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly yes to comply with electronics on airplane regulations. I have yet to try a 9-1-1 call with a phone on airplane mode though...
    01-03-14 11:00 PM