My Print-to-Go on my Z10 and also on my PlayBook were working great. After upgrading my Z10 to 10.2 it stopped working on both devices. I even reinstalled it but to no avail. This is a great app that I do need. Any advice or help. Thanks.
    05-03-14 10:26 AM
    Let's be a little more specific. Does it give an error etc. when you try to use it? Maybe the error will give us some insight.
    05-03-14 11:43 AM
    You might just need to re-pair, the update might have changed your pairing password.
    05-03-14 08:47 PM
    Yep! Gives the error reading. Plz tell us this can be resolved. I did the same also and no luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 08:48 PM
    I did have to re-pair them. but it does work. used it the other day.
    05-03-14 11:12 PM
    The error that I am getting is to check if computer is connected to internet which of course it is. I have deleted the program, re install it, repair, etc without any luck. I just cannot figure it out.
    05-04-14 07:50 AM
    I had the same problem with my Brother printer.

For whatever reason after I upgraded my phone firmware, the Z10 could not wake the printer.

Works fine if the printer is on.

I installed new firmware on my printer and the trouble was resolved.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    05-04-14 08:04 AM
    The error that I am getting is to check if computer is connected to internet which of course it is. I have deleted the program, re install it, repair, etc without any luck. I just cannot figure it out.
    Reset pairing password on the BlackBerry itself, then enter it on PC.

Access PTG on BlackBerry, swipe down to get to settings.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-04-14 08:04 AM
    Still can't believe they have not shown love for mac users.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 08:45 AM
    I'm still in dire straits over here with print to go. Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    bob03sue likes this.
    05-08-14 09:47 PM
    I had the same problem with PTG after upgrading. I don't remember exactly what I had to do to get it going again, but try uninstalling from BBW then restart your phone before reinstalling. You will have to re-pair with the computer. That should do it. You may also have to uninstall from the computer and download again from BlackBerry. I did all that but I don't remember which order I did them in. It's working great for me now. My wife is jealous. She can't do that with her iphone.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    05-09-14 02:12 AM
    I think there was something written in the app description on BlackBerry World about this.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:41 AM
    Will try and report back. Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:28 AM
    I had the same problem with PTG after upgrading. I don't remember exactly what I had to do to get it going again, but try uninstalling from BBW then restart your phone before reinstalling. You will have to re-pair with the computer. That should do it. You may also have to uninstall from the computer and download again from BlackBerry. I did all that but I don't remember which order I did them in. It's working great for me now. My wife is jealous. She can't do that with her iphone.

Just checked to see if mine had any issues. Well...after clicking on the icon, it would just about open and BAM! it goes back to my Z10's desktop.

Did it several times and finally uninstalled and after re- installing same problem where after a fraction of a second while trying to open...it goes immediately back to the Z10 desktop.

So...from your tip, I did the following :

1. Uninstalled from Z10
    2. Uninstalled from BlackBerry World under MyWorld /MyApps&Games/Available
    3. Restarted the Z10
    4. Go back to BlackBerry World and re-install Print To Go

After doing all that...all's good again!

My Z10's firmware is Telus 10. 2.1.2102

Thanks misterabrasive!

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus
    05-09-14 08:55 AM
    Sorry you guys have been having so much trouble. Glad you found something that works. For future readers, after an OS update, I have found I don't have to uninstall. Here are the steps that have worked for me:
    1. Select Print from the desktop application's print menu (while in Word, or Excell, etc)
    2. Select Print To Go as the destination printer & click PRINT
    3. Click on little blue "Account" icon in upper right corner
    4. PlayBooks and phones that are the intended print destinations are listed.
    5. Delete the device that was upgraded or needs to be added again.
    6. Open Print to Go on the device, swipe down from top and open SETTINGS.
    7. On the computer click ADD ANOTHER DEVICE. Fill out the Pairing password from the device and check the box to indicate there are multiple devices. Click Next
    8. Enter the PIN of the additional device and click Next
    9. Do a test print to make sure you are now re-paired. Good luck!
    05-09-14 09:10 AM
    Sorry you guys have been having so much trouble. Glad you found something that works. For future readers, after an OS update, I have found I don't have to uninstall. Here are the steps that have worked for me:
    1. Select Print from the desktop application's print menu (while in Word, or Excell, etc)
    2. Select Print To Go as the destination printer & click PRINT
    3. Click on little blue "Account" icon in upper right corner
    4. PlayBooks and phones that are the intended print destinations are listed.
    5. Delete the device that was upgraded or needs to be added again.
    6. Open Print to Go on the device, swipe down from top and open SETTINGS.
    7. On the computer click ADD ANOTHER DEVICE. Fill out the Pairing password from the device and check the box to indicate there are multiple devices. Click Next
    8. Enter the PIN of the additional device and click Next
    9. Do a test print to make sure you are now re-paired. Good luck!
    Thanks, if I have any more problems I will try this.

05-09-14 01:04 PM
    I think it's a windows 8.1 issue. I have no ptg working what so ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:08 PM
    I think it's a windows 8.1 issue. I have no ptg working what so ever.

Posted via CB10
    Same. 8.1 and no luck deleting and readding. I'll try from windows 7 at work on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 01:29 AM
    It's not just windows 8.1. I'm on Windows 7. Has to do more with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 07:40 AM
    My windows 7 pc with PTG still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 09:19 AM
    OK I have also had the problem and I have been doing some digging.

Strictly speaking it is not a Win 8.1 issue but an IE11 issue. PTG used to work for me in Win 8.1, but not since the BB Playbook and IE11 security upgrades in Win 8.1.

I have been reading related tech forums on the issues - and I may be talking nonsense here. It seems that the error is in handling the SSL3 and TLS1 security. It seems that the latest IE is far more robust in its behaviour and unless a properly formed header is specifically sent by an application ( and PTG is included ), then no 'header' is sent. I think IE under Win7 just sends a default header.The PTG server requires a header and rejects the 'location request' immediately if it doesnt have one. It then drops the connection.

Its difficult to point a finger of blame here: IE has tightened its security - but BB could trivially easily deal with the issue.

I have tried turning off TLS in IE but to no avail. By the way if you Logout of PTG then you may not be able to login again unless SSL2 is activated on IE.

I have no work around at the moment. BB specifically does NOT support IE11 and Win 8.1 for PTG. I have tried running the software in Win7 compatability mode and no result. I am sure the fix is trivial and will keep hunting.
    05-31-14 05:03 PM
    Thank you so much for your good detective work & factual report. I look forward to anything else you can come up with.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    06-01-14 08:33 AM