For BLACK FRIDAY it is currently 199 on shopblackberry.com. For all your American citizens. Us canadians still have to spend 399!
    11-29-13 07:16 PM
    Question...

I'm on att, if I get an unlocked phone can I update to 10.2 OTA with my att sim installed?

AT&T does not yet have an official release of 10.2 for the Z10 that you can do an OTA upgrade to.

You can always install a leak, or try using a SIM from a different carrier. I don't know which ones have 10.2 official.
    11-29-13 08:02 PM
    AT&T does not yet have an official release of 10.2 for the Z10 that you can do an OTA upgrade to.

You can always install a leak, or try using a SIM from a different carrier. I don't know which ones have 10.2 official.
    I understand that, but I heard that some people with unlocked phones were able to download newer updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:39 PM
    I understand that, but I heard that some people with unlocked phones were able to download newer updates.

Posted via CB10
    I saw that people with unlocked z10 were able to install the latest before. And they were on tmobile us and such. I'd imagine the is a unbranded debloated device.

Q10
    11-29-13 08:46 PM

There was a thread created here on that, it was sort of debunked. (link)

BB10 OTA/Official software upgrades are controlled by the SIM card in the device. The simple fact that a device is unlocked does not mean that you will get upgrades that are not officially released by the carrier whose SIM card is installed in the device. However if you have an unlocked device and install a SIM card from a carrier that has officially released a newer build than what you currently have installed on the device, you MAY be able to download the update OTA. (And then swap back to your original SIM if you wish)

Just bear in mind that carriers, especially US carriers, often add tweaks of their own to the software bundles that they officially release. So one of those other versions may or may not work great on AT&T. There are tons of (especially smaller) carriers that pretty much just release "generic" builds of the OS, because it's easier/cheaper/faster to do that.

Personally if I were you I would just install a leak. If you want to be careful about bugs then just install one of the latest 10.2.0 leaks, ie 10.2.0.1809. There are tons of people that have tested leaks on major carriers and can give you chapter/verse what does or does not work on ie AT&T.
    donmateo likes this.
    11-29-13 08:49 PM
    I just placed an order for one. $200 for a Z10 as a back-up phone sounds decent.
    11-29-13 09:27 PM
    I just placed an order for one. $200 for a Z10 as a back-up phone sounds decent.
    I keep trying to convince myself to do the same thing, but I keep thinking the money would be better spent somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:43 PM
    Guess it's not worth $200 just to have a new Z10 lol Mine was replaced in April. Haha

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:43 PM
    I keep trying to convince myself to do the same thing, but I keep thinking the money would be better spent somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    See I've never had a Z. Was actually thinking about getting one last week. Kinda worked out.
    11-29-13 09:51 PM

It's certainly a great deal if you were already considering getting a BB10 device.

I've been thinking about switching my secondary device from a Verizon Z10 to a T-Mobile Z10 because they (at least used to) have a low-usage plan that was cheaper than what I'm paying as an add-on on my VZW share plan and I'd like to try T-Mo's service/network.

$200 is cheaper than what most used Z10s sell for (even locked ones), and this is a brand-new device with a warranty. Hard to beat. Too bad I probably won't quite be ready to do this by 12/2...
    11-30-13 05:16 AM
35 12