Hello Everyone,

Have any of you found a setting to prevent the phone from automatically opening the Music app when it establishes a bluetooth audio connection? I'm using Slacker for streaming music, but it opens the standard Music app every time without fail. It's not a huge issue, it's just a bit irritating and unnecessary.
    04-04-13 04:51 PM
    I'm having this same issue...and it's annoying. It's also a waste of battery life if I don't remember to intentionally shut down the music player; if the audio system is set to Radio I sometimes forget that the phone's music player is launched and silently streaming. I can't find any settings on the Z10 to prevent this automatic launch. :-(
    04-05-13 07:35 PM
    Happens to me every time I disconnect from a phone call while using blue tooth ear piece.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:47 PM
    This has been an issue with all blue tooth enabled BlackBerry phones. No idea what the rationale behind setting things up like this was. It's always a panic to stop the phone from playing some random voice note I have. It's a mystery to me what the algorithm is for choosing the first file to auto play. It's a terrible "Feature".

Wish I knew how to stop it as well...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:14 AM
    Are you sure this is not an issue with the Bluetooth device as I haven't seen it? I use Bluetooth both on the car, and on a Sony headset.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:50 AM
    Are you sure this is not an issue with the Bluetooth device as I haven't seen it? I use Bluetooth both on the car, and on a Sony headset.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. I was going to suggest this as well.

I haven't experienced this myself, but I know lots of in-car Bluetooth devices automatically launch the player for some reason. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:53 AM
    The only time the music app opens on my Z10 is if I specifically select Bluetooth audio as the source in my truck (Ford sync) . I have a BlackBerry music gateway and when I pair with it the music app doesn't open automatically.

In The Bluetooth settings I have deselected the check box "Connect to the last device when turned on". I'm not sure if this impacts the music player behavior at all, but it still connects to my trucks Bluetooth system automatically each time so I can make calls etc, so I am pretty happy with the setup.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:53 AM
    Mine works the same way (I also have Ford Sync), but since I do not wish to use the built-in music app it's rather inconvenient for my particular case.

The only time the music app opens on my Z10 is if I specifically select Bluetooth audio as the source in my truck (Ford sync) . I have a BlackBerry music gateway and when I pair with it the music app doesn't open automatically.

In The Bluetooth settings I have deselected the check box "Connect to the last device when turned on". I'm not sure if this impacts the music player behavior at all, but it still connects to my trucks Bluetooth system automatically each time so I can make calls etc, so I am pretty happy with the setup.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:42 PM
    Ah, yes. A "Default Player" setting would be helpful for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Boight likes this.
    04-07-13 06:02 AM
    I have my Z10 paired to the Uconnect system in my Chrysler Town and Country and have had no problem with it launching the music app after disconnecting from the bluetooth connection. When I start the van, it automatically connects no problem.
    04-07-13 11:08 AM
    This happens to me also. But I would like to use slacker. When I choose blue tooth as my audio source it automatically brings up the music app. When I close the music app it pauses music an doesn't allow slacker to play. However it will play both music app and slacker at the same time.
    04-11-13 09:24 PM
    I've resolved this problem. It was an issue with the vehicle (Ford Escape/Sync). There's a setting that caused the music player to launch. Once I was able to turn it off in Sync, the problem stopped...only I can't recall exactly what that was.
    05-01-13 09:18 AM
    Hi Mike,

i have the same issue with my Ford. Where did you find the setting to turn it off?
    07-03-13 02:54 AM
    It would be very helpful if people posted the year of their vehicle and whether they checked to see if the Z10 is listed as compatible. Anyway, I have a 2013 Range Rover Evoque, which I believe is a Ford sat/nav BT device. I do not have this issue, but the Z10 is listed on the site as compatible. I'm on T-mo (usa) running the stock 10.1 and it works perfectly.
    07-03-13 03:41 AM
    Using a kenwood ddx790 dvd deck. Connects fine, with no auto music playing.
    Have to press bluetooth audio to stream audio. Phone connects automatically.
    07-03-13 12:17 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for this. It happens in the BMW and the ford. Also being able to see the the song and skip would be sweet. Is that a Slacker issue or a z10

Hello Everyone,

Have any of you found a setting to prevent the phone from automatically opening the Music app when it establishes a bluetooth audio connection? I'm using Slacker for streaming music, but it opens the standard Music app every time without fail. It's not a huge issue, it's just a bit irritating and unnecessary.
    08-01-13 11:28 AM
    I just started having this issue. I have a 2010 Ford Escape, and my previous BlackBerry (9780) was paired with the truck for two years, and never automatically opened the music app on my phone. I have now had my new Q10 for a month or two, and just last week it started opening the music app when I connect to SYNC. Very annoying, and I cannot find a setting on either the Q10 or in SYNC to disable this "feature'.
    10-15-13 02:28 PM
    My Lexus RX450h from 2010 also automatically launches the music player. I have Hype Machine installed and I sometimes get two tracks playing at once.
    10-15-13 02:56 PM
    Just too add to the "me too" list...

When I connected to uconnect in our van, I have no problems with the music player magically starting.

When I am. Connected to my bluant S2 in my car, I get the music player anytime I disconnect a call. If the other end disconnects first, there is no problem.

It's weird and annoying, but I had been assuming it was something odd with the bluant.

I do have a different problem with uconnect though. If I use it to play audio from my Z10, then switch it back to radio or any non-bluetooth input, it also drops the hands free connection and I have to disable and re-enable blue tooth on the phone to get the connection back.

I'm just putting up with it... sigh.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ltlowe; 11-06-13 at 09:39 AM.
    10-19-13 11:20 AM
    Damn it.
    After updating to the official 10.2. OTA, I get the music app connecting and playing whenever a call disconnects using my bluant hands free. It no longer matters if I hang up or the other end hangs up.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:55 AM
    With my Ford SYNC, I disabled voice control over bluetooth media. It does not open any music apps now.

I found that in the main settings of SYNC under voice control.
    05-11-14 07:00 PM
    I found the setting on my Ford Sync under Sync Media, Media Settings, Auto play.
    02-10-15 07:42 PM
    Settings > Network Connections > Bluetooth > Ford Sync > Media -Audio Steaming

Switch to off.

Just was buried in there

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 06:25 AM
    Same for my passport here in 2016 with a Toyota Corolla I'm renting. On the car settings in the BT config I switched "Connect Audio Player From" Vehicle to Device. Probably something similar for other cars as none of my BT portable speakers activate the BlackBerry music player.
    01-10-16 11:53 AM