If I give up my Z10 I don't want to lose my contacts. Can I transfer them to my Gmail account? Thanks.
    11-07-20 11:17 AM
    If I give up my Z10 I don't want to lose my contacts. Can I transfer them to my Gmail account? Thanks.
    Yes you can.
    11-07-20 12:13 PM
    Is it done via the phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-20 02:01 PM
    Is it done via the phone?

Posted via CB10
    If you have a gmail account on your Z10 just make sure it is synced with your account in Google. You can do that with a PC or your phone and sync in your account.
    11-07-20 03:19 PM
    Most new phone manufactures also have content swapping apps. All my z10 contacts were saved in an online account for quite a while so those were a piece of cake for me to start to use a different daily driver. Same for emails and calendar. The only real trick for me was if I wanted to retain my SMS messages from my z10. For that, for me the content swapping app did the trick just fine.
    11-07-20 04:14 PM
    Look for an app in BlackBerry World to export your contacts all as one csv or similar file to your local storage. Once you have the file containing all your contacts, move it over to your PC. Then open Google Contacts in your browser, in the left menu is an Import button. Click on it, then select the file containing all your contacts and press Import. All your contacts will be imported to your Google account, once you're sure they're all in your Google account you can safely delete the local ones on your device.

To sync those contacts to your device, follow this guide carefully.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13454831
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-07-20 04:58 PM
    If you have a gmail account on your Z10 just make sure it is synced with your account in Google. You can do that with a PC or your phone and sync in your account.
    Brookie: Would you mind giving me a step by step procedure either from the Z10 or from my PC?
    Much appreciated.
    11-15-20 10:44 AM
    Brookie: Would you mind giving me a step by step procedure either from the Z10 or from my PC?
    Much appreciated.
    Just follow the guide you were provided.
    11-15-20 10:57 AM
    Just follow the guide you were provided.
    Sorry, I don't know what guide you mean.
    11-15-20 11:14 AM
    Sorry, I don't know what guide you mean.
    Post #6
    11-15-20 11:18 AM
    Look for an app in BlackBerry World to export your contacts all as one csv or similar file to your local storage. Once you have the file containing all your contacts, move it over to your PC. Then open Google Contacts in your browser, in the left menu is an Import button. Click on it, then select the file containing all your contacts and press Import. All your contacts will be imported to your Google account, once you're sure they're all in your Google account you can safely delete the local ones on your device.

To sync those contacts to your device, follow this guide carefully.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13454831
    Thank you both very much.
    Right now I'm unable to open Blackberry World. "No Network Connection ... connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network in Settings".
    So I'm on hold until that problem goes away.
    11-15-20 12:18 PM
    Thank you both very much.
    Right now I'm unable to open Blackberry World. "No Network Connection ... connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network in Settings".
    So I'm on hold until that problem goes away.
    https://www.crackberry.com/how-fix-b...-blackberry-10
    11-15-20 12:25 PM
    Thanks, Conite.
    I downloaded DBBT and the BAR file. From there on - I'm nowhere.
    I was hoping the TechOddysey video would do the trick. When he gets to BB10 App Manager Icon, I'm lost. No icon. I don't even know if I'm on the page he's on.

I don't want to waste anybody's time anymore.
    When I change phones I'll rebuild my contacts one by one as needed.
    Thanks everyone.
    11-15-20 03:00 PM
    Thanks, Conite.
    I downloaded DBBT and the BAR file. From there on - I'm nowhere.
    I was hoping the TechOddysey video would do the trick. When he gets to BB10 App Manager Icon, I'm lost. No icon. I don't even know if I'm on the page he's on.

I don't want to waste anybody's time anymore.
    When I change phones I'll rebuild my contacts one by one as needed.
    Thanks everyone.
    For the BBW fix, I find the guide directly from BlackBerry is imo the best and easiest for those not familiar with DBBT or Sachesi: "No Network Connection" is shown when launching BlackBerry World
    11-15-20 04:05 PM
    ...When I change phones I'll rebuild my contacts one by one as needed.??
    I must be missing something in terms of the issue you are having. Are all your contacts currently stored only locally on the Z10, and that is the problem you are trying to deal with, getting those duplicated to somewhere else?
    11-15-20 04:25 PM
    thanks for the recent posts on this topic. its a reminder for me to sync my 100's of contacts to gmail.
    11-15-20 04:45 PM
    ...When I change phones I'll rebuild my contacts one by one as needed.??
    Are you aware there is a way, from on the phone, to copy local phone only contacts over to an online account for contacts synchronization?
    11-16-20 06:25 AM
    I must be missing something in terms of the issue you are having. Are all your contacts currently stored only locally on the Z10, and that is the problem you are trying to deal with, getting those duplicated to somewhere else?
    Yes - I'd like to save my Z10 contacts somewhere other than my phone.
    11-21-20 08:45 AM
    Are you aware there is a way, from on the phone, to copy local phone only contacts over to an online account for contacts synchronization?
    Well, I was going to do this via an app from BlackBerry World, but I haven't gone through the procedure to access BBW yet.
    Is there a simpler way?
    11-21-20 08:48 AM
    Well, I was going to do this via an app from BlackBerry World, but I haven't gone through the procedure to access BBW yet.
    Is there a simpler way?
    Well I am not sure about if simpler or not, but if you setup an online account for contacts (eg: Hotmail, gmail) on the phone then there is an on-phone option to copy your local stored phone contacts to the online account, right from the native BB10 contacts app.

- open the contacts app
    - swipe right to show the different types of contacts
    - select "Local Contacts"
    - press and hold the first one on the list
    - then you should be able to pick "select more"
    - pick all the other contacts you also want to copy
    - press the three dots bottom right
    - select "copy to"
    - pick the online account you want to copy them to
    11-21-20 09:07 AM
    ... if you setup an online account for contacts (eg: Hotmail, gmail) on the phone
    This is the step I need help with. I am using gmail to send and receive from my Z10. Apparently I have not "setup an online account for contacts". I don't know how to do that.
    When I get to the " pick the online account you want to copy them to", my only choices are my laptop and "local contacts".
    11-21-20 12:16 PM
    This is the step I need help with. I am using gmail to send and receive from my Z10. Apparently I have not "setup an online account for contacts". I don't know how to do that.
    When I get to the " pick the online account you want to copy them to", my only choices are my laptop and "local contacts".
    Are you using the web browser to access your gmail, or do you have the gmail account setup under "accounts" on the z10 (under settings > accounts)?
    11-21-20 02:39 PM
    I have gmail setup under accounts / I do not need the browser.
    11-21-20 05:18 PM
    I have gmail setup under accounts / I do not need the browser.
    Under settings > accounts, pick your gmail account, and then make sure the "sync contacts" is switched on. That should then allow the native BB10 contacts app to have the ability to sync contacts to your online gmail account.
    11-21-20 07:43 PM
    Unfortunately, "sync contacts" is not there. When I go to Settings / Accounts / and choose Gmail, I get a setup page with SMTP Port info etc.
    "Sync contacts" is not anywhere.

If I go to settings / email accounts and then choose "add account" at the bottom, then I can choose "Email, Calendar, and Contacts". I enter my email address and end up on a Google "one account" page. I sign in. Another Google page opens: "BlackBerry Hub+ Services wants to access your Google Account". I choose "allow". There I see the options "Sync Email" , "Sync Contacts" and "Sync Calendar". All are switched on. When I select Done, I get a message: "At this time your calendar and contacts accounts can't be added. Please try again later". !! I've done this 4 times.
    Somehow it seems that my Google account wasn't fully installed on my Z10? I only use Google on my phone for email because my Verizon.net email stopped working.
    I'm more than willing to give up on this. Really.
    I appreciate your help.
    11-21-20 11:19 PM
34 12