I have learned, via all of the posts surrounding the contact shananigans going from the OS7 to the z10, that there is an issue with the contacts that have been associated with email addresses based upon how you entered the contacts in the first place.

I, too, have two contact lists under two separate email lists (as indicated by the contact header in my 9930). I am trying to prevent the problems of only transferring contacts from one or the other, and I am soon going to terminate one of the email addresses since I don't use it anymore. Soooooooooo my questions:

1. Must I wait until I sync my 9930 to the z10 before terminating my email address?
    2. How do I ensure that the z10 (via the new Link BB Manager) includes all of my contacts (from both email domains)?
    3. How do I unassociate a contact in my 9930 and re-associate it with an email address in an attempt to show all of my contacts under a single email address contact list.
    4. Do I even need to worry about this issue, since Blackberry must be reading all of our rants and frustration re: contacts.....ergo they are going to come up with a fix.....

I am definitely 'z10 bound', but I want to minimize The Drama before I 'throw in the towel with my 9930 for good.

thanks in advance for any and all help,
    DT
    06-02-13 02:45 AM
    I have learned, via all of the posts surrounding the contact shananigans going from the OS7 to the z10, that there is an issue with the contacts that have been associated with email addresses based upon how you entered the contacts in the first place.

I, too, have two contact lists under two separate email lists (as indicated by the contact header in my 9930). I am trying to prevent the problems of only transferring contacts from one or the other, and I am soon going to terminate one of the email addresses since I don't use it anymore. Soooooooooo my questions:

1. Must I wait until I sync my 9930 to the z10 before terminating my email address?
    2. How do I ensure that the z10 (via the new Link BB Manager) includes all of my contacts (from both email domains)?
    3. How do I unassociate a contact in my 9930 and re-associate it with an email address in an attempt to show all of my contacts under a single email address contact list.
    4. Do I even need to worry about this issue, since Blackberry must be reading all of our rants and frustration re: contacts.....ergo they are going to come up with a fix.....

I am definitely 'z10 bound', but I want to minimize The Drama before I 'throw in the towel with my 9930 for good.

thanks in advance for any and all help,
    DT
    Hello and Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I had a 9930 and jumped to a Z10 with just a backup in Desktop Manager. I had two different contact lists on my phone and backed up everything using DM. Then I got my Z and did a restore.

But what I found is when I put my email accounts on the phone (since they are Gmail) the contacts were synced to the phone.

What type of email accounts are you using? I'm sure someone here will post to give you advice.
    Also, as far as terminating an email address, I had a couple available in BIS that I just never set up on my device. Therefore, I can't reach them anymore. SO I consider them terminated since I never used them anyway except for sending things to my handheld.

Again, welcome to CrackBerry and I'm sure some with more experience will chime in and help you out with their ideas!!
    06-02-13 08:25 AM
    The biggest issue is contacts saved on the sim card. Transfer all sim contacts to the device and then wipe the sim. This is a good first step imo.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-02-13 08:31 AM
    My email addresses are: msn.com, which intend to keep for life basically, and acnrep.com.com, which I will disconnect in January. I'm a bit OCD, so I back up on the DM almost daily..... I've burned myself before by doing it less frequently...

Thanks for the encouraging reply... A Verizon rep dimed me out by saying, "You are a blackberry guy because you are not using your cell like a toy as do alot of people do these days...." I just want a cell that can do what I need it for...work family calendars so I don't forget stuff at my age
    06-02-13 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the info.... I'm on it!
    06-02-13 11:10 AM
    All you really need is IntouchApp. Install on 9930 and register. Your contacts from 9930 would be uploaded to a single, clean contacts list. Then on z10, simply install the app and login to get all your contacts onto it. You can even continue to use your 9930 if you wish.

IntouchApp is the best way to manage your contacts in a single, clean list that is safely backed up on the cloud and synced across your devices. No more lock-ins for your contacts: not from email provider, nor from phone vendor or service provider!

You can get IntouchApp from AppWorld or simply point your phone browser to intouchapp.com
    06-03-13 04:23 AM
    I'm a bit OCD, so I back up on the DM almost daily..... I've burned myself before by doing it less frequently...
    You would be happy to know that IntouchApp backs up changes you make to your contacts almost instantly! (available on legacy BB, coming soon to BB10). In addition to that, we keep change history for all changes you make. Perfect for people like you who care a lot about their contacts.
    06-03-13 04:26 AM
    I'm finally getting somewhere....huge thanks. Your information has forced me to get a bit smarter on this desktop mgr, and it has been a bit frustrating, but not so that it makes me want an iPhone....

OK, I finally changed my bold to only create msn.com contacts by changing the default settings in the advance settings area. *And I changed my dtm to only go in one direction (from my bold to computer) for now since i only make new contacts via my bold or my playbook.

What has been a break through is that I now have 'realtime' syncing from my bold to my outlook email domain of msn.com.

The remaining bummer is that this contact list of mine that was created, unbeknownst to my illiterate bb mind at thetime, is in my contacts list.... Literally with hundreds of contacts. *The email address that it is associated with does not have a contact list....because it has no connection to me other than to receive email for Acn. *I am still looking into his ghost list...maybe it is somewhere to export from. *I have used this off market contacts/bb file translator called phoneminer where I can see all of the ipd files oncebacked up, so I'm working on seeing if that can be exported to a common place, since they are not labeled under any particular list.

Iwish I could now just merge the two list under one..... My msn.com list ....since I now know that it syncs with/ outlook. *I am desperately looking for a one stop shop before I attmept to move go there z10!
    06-03-13 02:19 PM
    My next stop.....thanx
    06-03-13 02:20 PM
    Off on my way to try he app.....thx again.
    06-03-13 02:21 PM
    What will happen if the the email address just becomes an invalid address? ...and I simply leave the icon/item on my home screen?

In my case, the 'acnrep.com' address is only functional due to me being a rep. *When I cease to being a rep, the email address will be shut down/deemed invalid. (the email contact list that contains hundreds of contacts)

If I just leave it on my phone (keep the icon), will I be okay? (even though there will be no email traffic through this address? ....even though the address will become fictitious?)

Sorry for beating this 'dead horse....I just can't afford to have a new cell that I'm not confident with (...Does it have all of my contacts?).

I tried the app that was suggested, but i ran a couple of tests, and found that it wasn't perfect, such that some contacts didn't get transferred.....which is not good enough for me.
    06-05-13 09:52 AM