Why BlackBerry can build a premium quality phone?

After BB 10 we have a excellent OS and all we need is a very good quality materials for a phone...

I have a Z10, build quality is good but i need a premium phone but not for a price of Porsche Design

Were can they do that?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 02:09 PM

After BB 10 we have a excellent OS and all we need is a very good quality materials for a phone...

I have a Z10, build quality is good but i need a premium phone but not for a price of Porsche Design

Were can they do that?

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is coming. Let's hope that's prime.
    09-02-13 02:12 PM
    LOL. You are kidding right?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-02-13 02:12 PM
    if the silver bezel on the z30 is metal itll feel quite premium
    09-02-13 02:18 PM
    LOL. You are kidding right?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 02:23 PM
    Both New BB10 Phones are premium quality even though they are the first ones. The first iphone in 2007 was crap and it sold for 700 bucks at the top of US economic history. Most people dont want to overpay for phones in the USA. We already do that with the carriers.
    09-02-13 02:50 PM
    After having the Z for a couple of months, while constantly letting it drop (I hate myself for that) I can say that the Z IS a premium quality phone. The scratches on the aluminum and gorilla glass of a common premium phone were much worse after the same period of time.

It's plastic, yes. But it's stable and scratch resistant. Even the fear of destroying the small back cover clips were wrong (I swap SD card heavily).

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:15 PM
    My back cover of my Z10 is making noise when i press it.. i had at leat 10 phones in my hand and all had the same issue ...

Why HTC One and Iphone don't have same problem? Not for the back cover but for the premium look, i will like that on a BlackBerry phone

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:16 PM
    My back cover of my Z10 is making noise when i press it.. i had at leat 10 phones in my hand and all had the same issue ...

Why HTC One and Iphone don't have same problem? Not for the back cover but for the premium look, i will like that on a BlackBerry phone

Posted via CB10
    Plastic has some space to move before it breaks. Having a somehow flexible material is (if it's not cheapest) a gain, not a loss.
    Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:23 PM
    The plastic used on the Z10 is top, top quantity. No unsightly scratches.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:24 PM
    Q10 feels premium to me. More so than the HTC one and iphone. Definitely a better build quality than a plastic s4. It's a cnc'd stainless steel frame. Not cast or forged.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    09-02-13 03:25 PM
    How do I edit a post? That should be quality instead of quantity.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Roger likes this.
    09-02-13 03:25 PM
    Have you tried using any of the Z10 cases? I got this one and it keeps my phone as new while giving me access to all the buttons and phone looks great. BlackBerry Transform Hard Shell for Z10 | BlackBerry Cases
    09-02-13 03:26 PM
    My wife and I was out to eat today and the waiter asked me what kind of phone I had. Said the looks of the phone really caught his attention. He was talking about going out and checking one out. I just have a screen protector on mine, no case. I think the materials of the phone are great and great looking

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:37 PM
    I wanted to go naked with my z10 but I have an issue with the battery door as well. I swap batteries often and it seems as the bottom hinges are beginning to wear out =S Build quality of the door is poor, but not unbearable.

Had to return a z10 before with other problems and that, too, had battery door issues.

Fortunately there are cases out there that are thin and protective enough for my liking. Still love my z10!

Posted via CB10 / Z10 SR.4181 OS.4633 / Playbook 16GB
    09-02-13 03:38 PM

Were can they do that?

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering why you don't like Porche Design?
    09-02-13 03:56 PM
    I think the Z10 is premium enough in terms of perceived quality and the build quality is excellent. It's plastic body should resist the rough and tumble of daily life better than shiny glass and aluminium.

I can't see the point of wasting precious materials on a piece of technology that will get traded in within a year or two, and that will be highly susceptible to scratches and damage during that short of ownership. It's quite amusing to see tall those very expensive phones bring wrapped in protective cases completely ruining the premium effect.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    09-02-13 04:06 PM
    They should make a glass and titanium slider. I'd buy that indestructible masterpiece in a heartbeat.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-02-13 04:57 PM
    How do I edit a post? That should be quality instead of quantity.

Posted via CB10
    When you want to edit your post, just go back to it on your CB10 app, and press and hold it. A number of options will appear on the right side of your screen, and click the pencil.

As for the Z10 not feeling premium, I think one thing that tricks people into thinking it's not premium is its weight, or lack thereof. It's very light. Without a case, it's ridiculously light. I prefer a heavier phone, not sure why, but the lightness of the Z10 has grown on me.

I've said it before somewhere, but the Z10 is like a nice car with a matte black paint job and matte black rims. It doesnt have the flashiness of other phones, just like a blacked out car doesn't have huge chrome painted rims and a glossy paintjob.

The Q10 looks and feels more premium to me, but only because of the stainless steel frets and the carbon weave back. I forget what the black bezel is made out of, but it's some special steel I think. But as special as it is, it could have just as easily been whatever the Z10 is made out of, and it would look the exact same.

At the end of the day, "premium" is relative, and whatever premium materials a phone is made out of will probably just be hidden by some plastic case.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:09 PM
    There was a time metal and glass was premium. But these aren't 60s refrigerators. The z10 exudes class and luxury. The z30 will be that and more.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:12 PM
    The back of my Z10 near the bottom clicks when I touch it. Very annoying until I put it in a case. The clicking shouldn't happen but using a case is a good solution.

Posted via CB10
    RD9700 likes this.
    09-02-13 05:13 PM
    Z10 is premium

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:39 PM
    There is a thread somewhere about 'fixing' the creaking battery door, worked for me. I think the more you remove the door, the looser it becomes! There are two lugs top, bottom and sides that are part of the metal frame. The gap becomes narrower after a few replaces of the battery door. The fix is to either place a shim made of thin card to widen the gap, leave the shim in place. Just be careful you don't snap the lug off!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:41 PM
    Just wondering why you don't like Porche Design?
    Men u will not pay 2000 usd for a phone never in my life

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:24 PM
    My wife and I was out to eat today and the waiter asked me what kind of phone I had. Said the looks of the phone really caught his attention. He was talking about going out and checking one out. I just have a screen protector on mine, no case. I think the materials of the phone are great and great looking

Posted via CB10
    Its called flattery, all waiters do it, they want big tips lol

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    Robert Roger likes this.
    09-02-13 11:26 PM
28 12