I love Power Tools for some of its unique features, like holster alerting, geo-fencing, etc. But now that the OS allows custom LED and sounds per account and user, I'm torn as to which to use for the more "regular" cases, like an incoming text message. Anyone have any comments one way of the other?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 12:33 PM
    Hi again!

I tend to try the simple solution first. Try using the built-in features first, so as to keep your device less cluttered with background apps.

If you find after a while that you really miss some features, then add it back. But give it a solid chance.

The more background apps you run, the more impact on battery and cpu you have - minor as that may be. Background apps can also generate unforeseen conflict with others apps and OS processes which may not crop up until weeks later.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-05-15 12:37 PM
    One "catch" with the BlackBerry system is I believe the LED stops blinking after 15 minutes.
    05-05-15 12:55 PM
    One "catch" with the BlackBerry system is I believe the LED stops blinking after 15 minutes.
    Haha, I actually configure the LED to only blink about 10 times! I just use it to catch my attention. Otherwise I'm on the phone so frequently that I'll easily pick up any missed messages. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 03:18 PM
    Haha, I actually configure the LED to only blink about 10 times! I just use it to catch my attention. Otherwise I'm on the phone so frequently that I'll easily pick up any missed messages. :-)
    Perfect then!

Me, I like the blinkey to keep going until I dismiss it, so I'm still using BeBuzz on my Z10
    05-05-15 03:25 PM
    I agree with you! I spent over 30 years as an IT manager and brought the first BlackBerry pagers into the Chicago area :-)

In this case there are a few features that PT offers which I want to continue using: geo-fencing, holster profiles, off-wifi signal, ... so I will be using it. I'm leaning towards moving all the account and user specific alerts to the native method however...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 03:30 PM