I'm still on my first Z10 from launch day and it's been working wonderfully with the exception to a small tiny issue... It's running the latest official Bell firmware.

From what I know about the Power/Lock button is when you press it, the phone either wakes up from standby or locks and goes to stand by. Long pressing the button pops up a shutdown menu to cancel, restart or shut down. If you continue to hold the power button a countdown timer appears. As soon as you let go the countdown timer goes away.

My little issue I've noticed is occasionally when I press the button to either turn the screen on or off, the shutdown timer appears even though I have let go of the button. Sometimes I catch it trying to shutdown and cancel the timer before it hits 0, other times it would ignore the cancel command and proceed to shut down the phone.

It's not a huge deal, I just find it a little annoying that it's happening and was wondering if anyone else had something similar happen. It's not like I'm pressing and not letting go of the power button or anything. so I don't understand how that can trigger the shutdown command.
    12-09-13 05:28 PM
    Are you using a case? Maybe it's getting stuck. It could also have collected a some dirt and grime that could be interfering with the spring back action.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:43 PM
    I haven't found a case that will fit the OEM holster. and when I press the power button I do hear the spring click and release when I get go of the button. it doesn't sound like it's getting stuck. :/
    12-09-13 05:49 PM
    Even though you're a "Newbie," If you've been here one day or one lifetime....
    you'll soon realize that "acting weird" = Normal on CrackBerry.

So with that in mind, there's nothing wrong with your Power/Lock Button.

Just for fun though, you might try shooting some compressed air into and around the button.
    because buttons can start acting weird unless you're on CrackBerry, in which case, we ain't acting!!

Disclaimer: I'm not calling anyone weird. I'm weird,OK? Ya happy now?

BTW: Weird aside..If you're not too terribly abusive to your device the "Ventev ColorClick Pro Case works real good! The case stands up well to any and all name calling and yelling at it has no effect.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-09-13 at 10:37 PM.
    12-09-13 10:20 PM
    Yah sounds like it's getting stuck somehow. Clean around the button. If that doesn't help, send it in for warranty repair before it stays stuck for good.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:30 PM
    So...
    Did this get resolved? Ya can't just leave us hangin'
    It has a way of increasing the insanity around here.

Luckily, it hasn't effected me! (see signature below!
    12-18-13 08:38 AM