I put away for a while both my Q10 and Z10 (using 1520). I powered up both Blackberries after a week. The Q10 still had a 97% charge. The Z, only 50%. I charged them both up again, turned them completely off and powered them up again after a few days. Same result: Z had much less battery.

Also, the Z is only a month only, and the Q is from June.

Is this normal for the Z to discharge this much compared to the Q when powered off?

Thanks.
    02-10-14 12:41 PM
    Gah that's all we need, z10 discharging even when fully powered down. Next we'll find a z10 battery not fitted will 50% discharge in a week lol

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and pttptppt like this.
    02-10-14 01:01 PM
    I carry around the Battery Charging Bundle, and frequently will swap batteries instead of charging on the go. Depending on the length of time between charging the battery in the bundle and outfitting it directly in the phone, it absolutley loses charge. After a few days off the charger, not used to charge the phone, it'll only be at about 65% when put into the phone directly.
    02-10-14 03:41 PM
    Any device with a soft power button will use some power to keep the power control circuits working. I've had the same experience with my battery bundle. Now I take it out when not in use or charging.

If you want to leave your phone off for a long period you should remove the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 05:16 PM
    That's what I've noticed too. Switched to a q10 a few weeks ago. Nonetheless still making up my mind with I like best, so I take out the Z a few times a week. It's powered down in a drawer and nonetheless it discharges quite quickly. Had 42 percent of battery when I powered it down last Saturday. Today it only has 20 percent left after booting...

Funny.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 12:31 AM
    Anyone with 2 Z10s it would be interesting to compare power down vs airplane mode. Usually I put mine in airplane mode if I need to conserve battery. I figure the boot up cycle uses more power than it idle with no radio.
    02-12-14 07:31 AM
    Anyone with 2 Z10s it would be interesting to compare power down vs airplane mode. Usually I put mine in airplane mode if I need to conserve battery. I figure the boot up cycle uses more power than it idle with no radio.
    Depends on how long it is going to be off or in airplane mode for. I don't take mine into work (cameras are prohibited), so I leave it in a locker. I used to put it into airplane mode, but I've found a small advantage to powering off and re-booting with the later OS releases. That is during an 8:20 period.
    02-12-14 11:33 AM