I have a oem blackberry holster pouch and just noticed straight scratches on my screen protector that match the stitching on the top of the pouch. I'm glad it's my screen protector that got scratched. But this is kind of annoying had anyone else experienced this?.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:13 AM
    I use the OEM holster without screen protector, no scratches on my screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:48 AM
    I have a oem blackberry holster pouch and just noticed straight scratches on my screen protector that match the stitching on the top of the pouch. I'm glad it's my screen protector that got scratched. But this is kind of annoying had anyone else experienced this?.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    it wouldn't scratch the glass, only the screen protector! ironic I know...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-13-13 02:11 AM
    Really? I use the OEM BlackBerry z10 holster and don't see any scratches on my screen protector. It has a felt lining with leather what is there to scratch it? You sure it wasn't something else?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 02:14 AM
    Nothing here
    04-13-13 02:38 AM
    I'm using also Pouch Holster and no scratching of screen or whatever...

The only annoying on this "Pouch Holster" is everytime you are going to pull out the Z10, 90% of the time, you will accidentally push the volume controls... and getting it back to pouch, the power button then...
    04-13-13 03:19 AM
    Purchase the anti scratch screen protectors they work well.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:24 AM
    No scratches here either from my BlackBerry pouch. Perhaps some dust or sand got into the pouch?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:56 AM
    There was a post a while back where it happened to someone else too. As it's an OEM case you should call BlackBerry and have them replace the phone and case.
    04-13-13 08:46 AM
    I've noticed indentations on my Zagg protector every now and again after pulling it out of the holster, but nothing permanent. They go away within a few minutes of me taking it out.

The likely reason you are seeing these is because the screen protector is raised a bit, so the screen protector is coming into contact with the stitching where the actual screen would not. You've added a couple of mm of thickness to the screen, so of course there will be unintended side effects like this when using a holster that was never designed to accommodate a screen protector.

Just know that if you did not have a screen protector, the holster would not scratch your phone, as the screen would not come into contact with the material.

JB
    apallo likes this.
    04-13-13 09:13 AM
    I've noticed indentations on my Zagg protector every now and again after pulling it out of the holster, but nothing permanent. They go away within a few minutes of me taking it out.

The likely reason you are seeing these is because the screen protector is raised a bit, so the screen protector is coming into contact with the stitching where the actual screen would not. You've added a couple of mm of thickness to the screen, so of course there will be unintended side effects like this when using a holster that was never designed to accommodate a screen protector.

Just know that if you did not have a screen protector, the holster would not scratch your phone, as the screen would not come into contact with the material.

JB
    Actually I remember last year the 9900 pouch caused damaged ti bold 9900's buttons and screen I think RIM did a recall on the cases or something. I'm just saying it's possible to scratch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:45 AM
    It's possible, but given the number of reports that it DOESN'T scratch the screen without a screen protector, I seriously doubt that there is an issue with the holster. It's the combination of the screen protector and the holster that are causing the issue for you.

JB
    04-13-13 12:39 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    It's just like using a stylus on a tablet/phone with a screen protector. Seeing scratches/indents on the screen protector from using the stylus wouldn't lead me to assume that the same would have happened to the glass screen had I not had the screen protector in place. That makes no sense. If you run your fingernail on the screen protector you'll probably get marks on the protector as well. Do the same on the glass screen and probably nothing will happen. The obvious answer is that no, you can't assume that the glass screen would have suffered damage had the screen protector not been there. There are different types of protectors. Some are more susceptible to denting, grooving and scratching than others.

The thread title is misleading. The screen protector was scratched, not the screen.
    04-13-13 01:39 PM
    Well some screen protectors esp. the $1 ones, that scratch very easily...I have scratches on mine screen protector just from my pocket and daily use. My friend's Z10 (no screen protector, OEM holster) shows some minute scratches here and there but nothing huge, so the screen is definitely going to be scratched if you don't use a screen protector.
    04-15-13 03:08 PM
    Get a screen protector from ghost Armor, they're rubber and def won't show scratch
    04-15-13 03:12 PM
    In the beginning the OEM leather pouch is pretty snug. I stretched it out a but and it works better. Still has markings along the edge of my Zagg HD screen protector but they go away. When it was new...it actually shifted my screen protector slight in one corner (I waited 48hrs) after install of the Zagg to try the OEM pouch. So I can see how a new pouch can cause damage to a screen protector. However the OEM microfiber pouch is very nice and won't scratch since it fits a bit looser.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:50 PM