Umm.. ppl, I dunno if a thread of this topic is thr and m starting a new thread of same topic(if thr) but I didn't find such a thread on searching, so here....
    If you r familiar with Swype or SwiftKey of Android, I needn't explain it..else Plz chk Google Play
    I wonder if such an app is possible for our z10 .. its nt that I don't like this sentence prediction, which is quite nice, but I wudnt mind SwiftKey..

Is it possible for z10 to have an app like swype or SwiftKey of Android..-swiftkey-flow-screenies-phandrizzle.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:24 AM
    I don't think it would be possible because BlackBerry 10 has one keyboard whereas android you can have multiple? I'm not sure just guessing.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-29-13 11:26 AM
    swype made keyboard for z10 !!!
    there's high possibiltiy that you might get updates for keyboard if something better is brought by swype
    04-29-13 11:29 AM
    You will never be able to have a 3rd party keyboard app on a BlackBerry reason being security any 3rd party app can build in a keylogger that'll transfer your key presses to their server and viola they have all your passwords and sensitive information

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:31 AM
    Don't they have some sort of privacy agreement? ... obviously whenever I am sending info via mobile device its not so secure.. but blackberry being the most secure out of all I think, is the best choice .. isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:36 AM
    I do not see it happening any time soon .

However the blackberry Keyboard was built using the swiftkey SDK so that is what it at the core.
    04-29-13 11:41 AM
    Must tell you I have used both and much prefer the BBerry keyboard. Just me though.
    jdhooghe and Acumenight like this.
    04-29-13 11:41 AM
    Also. Swype word prediction is on BlackBerry 10 keyboard, not the Swype keyboard itself obviously

04-29-13 11:47 AM
    Don't they have some sort of privacy agreement? ... obviously whenever I am sending info via mobile device its not so secure.. but blackberry being the most secure out of all I think, is the best choice .. isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    A privacy agreement wouldn't mean anything if there is a third-party keyboard installed and there happens to be a keylogger in the application that installed the keyboard. It most likely will never happen unless BlackBerry decides to make it availible for us to use on it's own.
    04-29-13 11:48 AM
    As in lyk an update.. which is better than using a 3rd party app?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:58 AM
    I'm just wondering how text speak can end up in a civilized and rational conversation.

lyk - like
    brout and goku_vegeta like this.
    04-29-13 12:27 PM
    I'm not saying that options are not good but at least for me, I have my Nexus 7 and my Z10 and I put a lot less effort into typing on my Z10 because the word prediction is just that good. With the addition of 10.1, it has gotten even better to the point of scary.
    04-29-13 12:32 PM
    I'm not saying that options are not good but at least for me, I have my Nexus 7 and my Z10 and I put a lot less effort into typing on my Z10 because the word prediction is just that good. With the addition of 10.1, it has gotten even better to the point of scary.
    Oh, if u have Swype or SwiftKey nexus haven't u ever faced swiping on the z10 keyboard due to that habit of the nexus ?.. i have installed that feature on my iphone too(jailbroken) and my Xperia arc s already had that feature , so migrating from a physical keyboard of 9900, I found z10 was a bit different.. now as z10 is my primary phone, m habituated to the word prediction acc. to sentence formation.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:47 PM
    I love the Z10 keyboard and wouldn't go with Swype if I could.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:51 PM
    I love the Z10 keyboard and wouldn't go with Swype if I could.

Posted via CB10
    cool, thanks for letting us know.
    04-29-13 01:19 PM
    Tell me about it, I type in the first letter of a word and the Z10 keyboard can correctly predict the next sentence and sometimes even two. It's works so well to the point that it's actually pretty creepy at times.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    04-29-13 01:22 PM
    I preface this by saying this is a question, not a statement and I am curious to those who would know - why it would be so.

Isn't the underlying prediction machine SwiftKey and isn't SwiftKey - SwiftKey in whatever form it takes? Is there something that BBRY does to SwiftKey to make it better (not talking about the manifestation of the keyboard, but the predictive machine).

Curious to that.
    04-29-13 02:02 PM
    I preface this by saying this is a question, not a statement and I am curious to those who would know - why it would be so.

Isn't the underlying prediction machine SwiftKey and isn't SwiftKey - SwiftKey in whatever form it takes? Is there something that BBRY does to SwiftKey to make it better (not talking about the manifestation of the keyboard, but the predictive machine).

Curious to that.
    Yes it is.. i didn't know z10 keyboard was built using SwiftKey.. i guess in a way , this keyboard is kind of an improvement over the original SwiftKey concept.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:16 PM
    Also. Swype word prediction is on BlackBerry 10 keyboard, not the Swype keyboard itself obviously

if you're swyping an entire word, the word detection is much more accurate than typing with the swype keyboard and using word prediction. this is also extremely fast. i'm getting more used to the z10 but i'll stlil often not get the right words predicted, and looking for the word and ending up just typing it out manually is annoying sometimes. but swype also has other cool features, ie a numpad, easy capitalization of words, cursor movement from the keyboard, cutting and pasting from the keyboard, etc etc etc
    04-29-13 02:38 PM
    Swype is not the the base for BB10's keyboard. Swiftkey is.

On Android, Swiftkey has an additional component called "Flow" which allows one to swipe.

Swype (which is now on sale in the Play Store) is the most popular third party keyboard on Android. I find it faster than Z10's, but to be fair, I'm very used to it. For "peck typists" though, I think the Z10 keyboard is tough to beat. The engine is superb. I think that I prefer the Z10 keyboard to Swiftkey for peck typing, but prefer Swiftkey's all-around functionality.

I prefer typing by Swype. I can use one hand, am able to type with either hand and Dragon dictation is superb. Hard to beat for my needs.

Choice is good.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-29-13 02:54 PM
    Well, to be accustomed to SwiftKey and then to z10 keyboard predictions, it takes same amount of time, almost.. my problem is I use z10 and Xperia side by side.. that sometimes has a bit of problem..
    There is no chance I will stop using z10, coz it has successfully made me smile due to awe from the moment I opened the brand new box till now.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:19 PM

That should say swiftkey word prediction. My bad

04-29-13 05:00 PM
    Uh nah forget swipe, leave that to android, im more then satisfied with the z10 keyboard.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-29-13 05:09 PM
    Swiftkey flow was very fun on my S3 and GNEX however nothing beats a Z10 keyboard (minus maybe the Q)

Posted via my ubr awesome (unfortunately rogers) white beauty Z10
    04-29-13 05:21 PM
    I haven't tried to swipe through words on my Z10 like I do with my Note 2.

I always found text prediction on Android to be counter productive. I would have to look up above the keyboard for the words, which broke the typing flow. Having the words pop up above the letters is much easier to see, plus there are more word options, since it isn't limited to the line above the keyboard.

On my Nexus 7, I tend to swipe a lot, mostly due to the distance between keys. Swiping makes typing feel a lot shorter distance than trying to reach the individual keys. The only issue with swiping is that I tend to swipe quickly and have to go back and correct words afterwards. It does make for some interesting reading, though.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:16 PM
26 12