Hey, my husband is back from 2-weeks of travel and catching up on recorded tv programs. I was watching the NBA Dunk Contest and I saw that Alicia Keys had a white phone that looked like it could have been a Z10. Does anyone know if she already has her Z10? If so, how would that be possible in the U.S. that she could have service and could just a regular joe make that happen? If there is a way to get one that would be an awesome anniversary gift for hubby. Anniversary is March 15th and I want him to have it while we are away?
    02-28-13 09:23 AM
    You can buy one unlocked and use it in the states. Check on eBay The phone works fine anywhere, I use mine when I go to the US
    02-28-13 09:27 AM
    Also she now works for Blackberry
    02-28-13 09:30 AM
    Hey, my husband is back from 2-weeks of travel and catching up on recorded tv programs. I was watching the NBA Dunk Contest and I saw that Alicia Keys had a white phone that looked like it could have been a Z10. Does anyone know if she already has her Z10? If so, how would that be possible in the U.S. that she could have service and could just a regular joe make that happen? If there is a way to get one that would be an awesome anniversary gift for hubby. Anniversary is March 15th and I want him to have it while we are away?
    Alicia Keys is a spokeswoman for BlackBerry, The Global Creative Director AKA celebrity endorser. That's why she has a white Z10. The US won't be getting the Z10 until at least mid to late March if that is holding true with the rumors going around the net.

So you can get him a late anniversary gift, or give him a gift for the anniversary and then the Z10 after
    02-28-13 09:31 AM
    You're a little late for the party but.........i believe if you with t-mobile or at&t, you can buy the phone at full cost from rogers (others please chime in if that is incorrect) and simply slide your sim card in.
    Also, Alicia Keys is the official spokesperson for BlackBerry10, so I am sure they got her the device whether it is unlocked from a different country or not, she really can't be the official spokesperson without having the actual device.
    Never mind additional question answerd
    02-28-13 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses! I knew that she now works for blackberry but I was wondering how she would have a carrier and all that stuff if she lives in U.S. (New York?)
    She's probably got it locked to a US carrier or even unlocked, but a carrier doesn't have to have a released product to use a phone on their network. I can buy a phone that you can only get in Japan, and have it unlocked, and use it here in Canada on Rogers (as long as it is the same frequencies used on the phone as the network supports)
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:36 AM
    Alicia Keys is a spokeswoman for BlackBerry, The Global Creative Director AKA celebrity endorser. That's why she has a white Z10. The US won't be getting the Z10 until at least mid to late March if that is holding true with the rumors going around the net.

So you can get him a late anniversary gift, or give him a gift for the anniversary and then the Z10 after
    You don�t have to work for BB to get one, just go to ebay and buy an unlocked one and it will work just fine in the US, there are a lot of Z10's in the US right now.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:41 AM
    You don�t have to work for BB to get one, just go to ebay and buy an unlocked one and it will work just fine in the US, there are a lot of Z10's in the US right now.
    That's one way to do it, and make sure it's a decent price and a reputable seller, I've still seen Z10's for as high as $1200 in the US.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:46 AM