Hi,

I have a Z10, and my contacts contacts are, on the whole, synced using a BTInternet/Yahoo EM account.

I have posted recently that this EM address quite often un-sync's itself, and I have to constantly re-enter the password & re-save. It then works fine until it happens again (nb: I didn't manage to get an answer on how to stop this happening - it occurs about once or twice daily).

Ideally, I'd like to get all my contacts to be 'local', so they are not reliant on this EM address being synced for them to appear.

Is this possible?

Cheers.
    07-15-13 04:34 AM
    Hi,

I have a Z10, and my contacts contacts are, on the whole, synced using a BTInternet/Yahoo EM account.

I have posted recently that this EM address quite often un-sync's itself, and I have to constantly re-enter the password & re-save. It then works fine until it happens again (nb: I didn't manage to get an answer on how to stop this happening - it occurs about once or twice daily).

Ideally, I'd like to get all my contacts to be 'local', so they are not reliant on this EM address being synced for them to appear.

Is this possible?

Cheers.
    Hi Stwutter.
    (warning : not tested in real world situation).
    I'd sync the account initially until "all is fine" then uncheck the "sync contacts" within the Yahoo account settings.
    If I'm not wrong, contacts should still be stored locally, but not synced anymore.

Let us know how it goes in "real world" !
    07-15-13 05:28 AM
    I also wanted the contacts to be stored locally. Tried turning off the sync after the initial sync. But then all the contacts just disappear.

Don't know what the solution is though.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 05:30 AM
    Try the InTouch App. I know it backs up my Enterprise contacts, maybe ask the developer about your situation first.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:49 AM
    Would like to know how to do that as well. My contacts are synced with Outlook.com. And today all of them suddenly disappeared. I had to reboot the device and make contacts syncing back again. Now all of them are messed up as they link to my facebook and other accounts.

It sucks to have this troubles without even knowing the reason. I'm in Egypt right now. And I can only use wifi at the lobby of my hotel. I'm lucky my Z10 decided to joke on me when I'm not outside doing my job and relying on my phone's contacts. Otherwise I'd be stuck with a contact list of just my facebook friends.

Sad.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:53 AM
    I also wanted the contacts to be stored locally. Tried turning off the sync after the initial sync. But then all the contacts just disappear.

Don't know what the solution is though.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks and sorry for the bad track then.

Are your contacts sync in outlook? Then maybe (after disabling sync in the bb10 accounts settings) you can use Link to sync ?
    Really sorry I don't have the free time to test it...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:33 AM
    I know it is a little bit buggy but part of the problem for me is syncing from so many things. My plan in the long run is to wipe my local contacts that were imported from my 9900, and sync only to outlook and Facebook. I didn't like syncing to Facebook on the 9900 because it created problems with the vcf card system that was used exclusively. It was worse if you synced with Google!

As to your problems I would say that is unique and must be related to what you are syncing to. I would recommend ripping those contacts out and uploading them to outlook. Fortunately outlook makes this simple for you as you can import contacts directly from a desktop client ver quickly.

As to ripping them out of your device, that is tricky, on legacy you could do it be establishing a blu tooth connection to your computer and selecting transfer contacts. Now I don't know, perhaps other email clients have a mass import system that is compatible with the one you are using. Perhaps there is still a way to pull contacts off the z10. I havnt been desperate enough to research yet but it sounds like you are atm.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:51 AM
    Well, it sounds like it's probably a case of writing them all down, and re-entering manually.

I do love BB & my Z, but stuff like this does get on my nerves. I can see why some people dabble and run off.
    07-15-13 09:41 AM
    Well, it sounds like it's probably a case of writing them all down, and re-entering manually.

I do love BB & my Z, but stuff like this does get on my nerves. I can see why some people dabble and run off.
    Worse case would be extracting the contacts from online account then import in outlook then sync with link. Much faster IMHO...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:41 PM

InTouch App avoids this.

Posted via CB10
    Stwutter likes this.
    07-18-13 08:58 AM
    InTouch App avoids this.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I've DL the app. and will back-up tonight, and see how it goes.
    07-18-13 10:45 AM
    InTouch App avoids this.

Posted via CB10
    Tried it. Couldn't get it to work. Shame.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan
    07-18-13 11:38 PM
    I use Contact X. I have now disabled all contacts syncing and maintain a local copy of contacts.

Works like a charm for me, check if it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:52 AM
    Tried it. Couldn't get it to work. Shame.

What do you mean you couldn't get it to work? I think it is working for me, so I am just curious what your issue is?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:59 AM
    What do you mean you couldn't get it to work? I think it is working for me, so I am just curious what your issue is?

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded the app., uploaded my contacts, then turned off all my EM syncs and then uploaded from the app. to my phone. Nothing there. I haven't really had time to investigate further, but it confirmed that it had been successful, but nothing showed in my contacts at all.

07-19-13 05:08 AM