i've got an obd reader for my car and it works by wifi... they have an app in the appstore that works with apple devices but not with android devices... i can't even see the network when trying to search for it through an android tablet... so i'm wondering if there is a workaround... perhaps an app of some kind... if i could connect with my blackberry that would be even better...
    01-08-14 04:27 PM
    i've got an obd reader for my car and it works by wifi... they have an app in the appstore that works with apple devices but not with android devices... i can't even see the network when trying to search for it through an android tablet... so i'm wondering if there is a workaround... perhaps an app of some kind... if i could connect with my blackberry that would be even better...
    There's a native app called Torque Pro OBD 2. I don't know a lot about it but I believe it requires a specific wifi adapter due to some limitation...

Edit: here is their website on it, torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters_Blackberry
    01-09-14 11:29 PM
    I'd just like to thank you for pointing this out. Given that nobody wants to support bb10 apps, I figured I would have to hack some Android app and convert it. I will gladly pay for an app built for the bb10.

Note that this device can only attach it's wifi to one device at a time. That is, if you set up some device to talk to the odb2 wifi dongle, you need to assure it isn't connected. If it is, the BlackBerry won't see the dongle.

I'm going to see if this device works on my car and if so, I'm there!

Here is the link in clickable form:

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth...ers_Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    01-10-14 02:23 AM
    well this is nice for people who don't already have one that needs an ad hoc network... i'm hoping for a workaround in the future...
    01-14-14 09:40 AM
    FWIW, I'm going to meet with one of these OBD2 vendors in about two weeks. (I will be nearby anyway. I will try to app on the spot.)

But note, that vgate device does infrastructure mode, so it isn't like you are doing ad hoc. It is probably a very limited infrastructure mode since it can only handle one client, which is probably a good thing given what the device does.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:37 AM