Hi, I am on Vodafone in the UK, I have updated the firmware to 10.0.10.90 however now my POP3 email accounts will not work correctly. They receive email but they will not send. They worked perfectly before. I have deleted the accounts and added them back but still no joy. They are using No SSL encryption over Port 25. As I said they worked perfectly before. I have tried with wireless connection and without and on two different wireless networks. Browsing works perfectly so this is not a connection issue. Any suggestions anyone. TIA (P.S Have tried rebooting)
    03-03-13 06:10 AM
    To follow up on my own thread, if I set the outgoing mail server to Google's (using smtp.gmail.com) with SSL on. This works fine but is useless as this puts my google email address in the recipients reply address. This is an issue with the Port 25 and POP3 email which worked fine before update (and is still working on my pc so its not a server issue.)
    03-03-13 07:04 AM
    Check out this thread, if you haven't already... it might be able to help you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8054759

Posted from BlackBerry 9780
    Last edited by Dealz417; 03-03-13 at 07:15 AM.
    03-03-13 07:05 AM
    Thanks. I see there is no solution in there either.
    03-03-13 07:33 AM
    www.blackberry.com/eavt
    Run your email and login password and you can confirm if ports are working using POP3 and IMAP
    03-13-13 10:47 PM
    HI TCinBraintree- I've ran into the same issue on AT&T. There is a "temporary" workaround using the provider's (vodafone in your case) smtp server for your outgoing mails.

try this:

smtp.vodafone.net
    Port 25
    SSL - off

I've had some success using AT&T's smtp which is:

cwmx.com
    Port 25
    SSL off

Incoming you should be able to use whatever settings as the issue is just an outgoing message issue. Hopefully this helps.
    03-23-13 12:46 AM
    Had the same with Vodafone UK and the update.

I have started using the K9 email client as a temp fix until we get a solution from blackberry.

You can pick up K9 in the app world.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:15 AM
    All my pop3 email accounts work seamlessly since the update

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    03-23-13 02:22 AM
    I need help, my ISP emails are not going threw to the phone 100%. Some times they do but 99% of the time they do not. My emails for my business do I just put in the email address and the pw and they show up within seconds. The site is set up threw yahoo if that makes a difference. Anyway this the info optonline tells me to use, I use them exactly how they tell me...ssl is turned off, encryption is turned off, sync is set to 15min. Hours go buy and nothing ,they just randomly show up some times or not at all for this one account...below is the set up...I NEED THIS TO WORK...so any advice help would be needed. Email is what drew me to BlackBerry and I am not leaving it just need help.

POP3 (Incoming)
    Server: mail.optonline.net
    Port: 110

SMTP (Outgoing)
    Port: 587

Anyone have this problem or an idea how i get can it to work.
    03-29-13 05:46 PM
    I also trying using the refresh option but nothing happens
    03-29-13 06:01 PM
    On T-mo USA, using 10.0.10.85 and have no issues with my POP3. I am using asmtp instead of smtp. if that matters.
    03-29-13 06:22 PM
    On T-mo USA, using 10.0.10.85 and have no issues with my POP3. I am using asmtp instead of smtp. if that matters.
    does it matter?
    03-29-13 06:31 PM
    does it matter?
    Mine works?
    03-29-13 06:35 PM
    ok I guess my answer should have been I never used asmtp just smtp is the set up different?
    03-29-13 06:49 PM
    I need help, my ISP emails are not going threw to the phone 100%. Some times they do but 99% of the time they do not. My emails for my business do I just put in the email address and the pw and they show up within seconds. The site is set up threw yahoo if that makes a difference. Anyway this the info optonline tells me to use, I use them exactly how they tell me...ssl is turned off, encryption is turned off, sync is set to 15min. Hours go buy and nothing ,they just randomly show up some times or not at all for this one account...below is the set up...I NEED THIS TO WORK...so any advice help would be needed. Email is what drew me to BlackBerry and I am not leaving it just need help.

POP3 (Incoming)
    Port: 110

SMTP (Outgoing)
    Port: 587

Anyone have this problem or an idea how i get can it to work.

The "Yahoo" that you refer to is not the "Yahoo Mail" that most people think of, I would guess, since normally Yahoo Mail does not support POP3. (Your internet provider may have a special situation where they do use Yahoo via POP3.)

Can you also go to mail.yahoo.com and view your email? That is the "traditional" Yahoo mail system.

There is no "sync" with POP3, even though the BB10 hub still calls it that like the other email protocols. Technically it is a "poll interval". 15 minutes is the minimum on the Z10 for that.

Are you accessing things via the carrier data connection or via WiFi? If via WiFi, please disconnect and see if it works more reliably using strictly the carrier data connection. All sorts of variables in a WiFi network can cause issues.
    04-01-13 06:19 PM
    the yahoo account is set up threw yahoo small business. The pop3 all of a sudden finally works and I get emails every 15minutes instead of 12 to 24 hours....so I guess it just needed about 4 days to warm up and work properly.
    04-01-13 06:35 PM
    the yahoo account is set up threw yahoo small business. The pop3 all of a sudden finally works and I get emails every 15minutes instead of 12 to 24 hours....so I guess it just needed about 4 days to warm up and work properly.
    Heh. Not likely, probably something else at play there, but here's hoping it stays that way.
    04-01-13 08:38 PM
    I'm on ATT and had this issue last week while traveling to St Vincent but it corrected itself after several hours.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-01-13 08:49 PM
    Internet providers do have their periodic glitches.
    04-01-13 09:35 PM
    [QUOTE=3hb78ftg;8242343]I'm on ATT and had this issue last week while traveling to St Vincent but it corrected itself after several hours.

Posted from the beyond...[/QUOTE

Exactly, if you travel through alot of towers without a reset...........expect glitchs on ANY phone.
    04-01-13 09:39 PM