I went in to pick up my Z10 at the local 02 store yesterday and it had the Z10 in a nice display area but the demo unit wasn't switched on.

I asked the sales staff if there was any chance of a demo on it and the look on his face was as if I had grown two heads instantly. I asked so what's new on it and I was actually waiting for his head to twist around and drop off. All I got was it's a new operating system unlike anything they have done before and its nothing like the Storm line from a few years ago. No mention of features etc.

Now this guys not a newbie he's been in the store for years, I even bought by BB9900 from him.

Poor Poor Poor. I would go as far as saying there has been no sales training.

I said you must nearly be sold of out of these, he said no there are some left in stock - any wonder if you have such poor sales technique.

Has anyone else had this experience?
    02-07-13 03:46 AM
    Nope. The guy I got my phone from in the o2 store was amazing! He even mentioned crack berry.
    02-07-13 03:55 AM
    Well my local O2 store was impressed by my knowledge of Z10 and they didn't had a clue about it apart from one line which that salesman said when I told him I'm here to buy Z10 only on pay as go and he went on, 'this phone is amazing' that's all I heard from him about Z10 and that line was dropped out of his mouth only because he was happy about sales I guess
    02-07-13 04:00 AM
    Yeah I went to 6 different shops on the first day of release and no one knew a thing about it. One said he was a blackberry fan and used them for years but never knew about the bis/data side of things.
    02-07-13 04:02 AM
    I started asking the sales guy about what about BlackBerry Hub, Balance, timeshift camera and that keyboard. Just a dazed look.

I actually tried a number of different stores in Belfast over the weekend and similar reactions. The consensus being no one really new much about it, they said yeah it's great but couldn't say why. In one store the display case was out but no phone in it. I asked any Z10's in stock? "No we hope to get them sometime next week" and that was it, no "would you like me to take your number and call you when they come in?" or anything. I ultimately ordered it online and collected in store.

Maybe it's just something local but I expected better.
    02-07-13 04:11 AM
    Yeah I went to 6 different shops on the first day of release and no one knew a thing about it. One said he was a blackberry fan and used them for years but never knew about the bis/data side of things.
    02-07-13 04:28 AM
    Yea most shops I went to in the UK didn't know anything. The o2 guys struggled with the phone while pretty much saying it was crap and lacked a home button. Some interested customers were redirected to the gs3. The staff were scared of having to demonstrate it. But that was on day one of release. Maybe things have changed now.
    02-07-13 04:39 AM
    The lack of a home button? clearly they haven't used it for any length of time (I refrain from saying "played with it" lol)

How many other manufacturers' home buttons wear out after time, BB won't have this problem. I was instantly used to no home button having used the PlayBook.

Lets hope things change but I doubt it, if they can't get it right for launch day what hope is there of any effort later on.
    02-07-13 04:53 AM
    I started asking the sales guy about what about BlackBerry Hub, Balance, timeshift camera and that keyboard. Just a dazed look.

I actually tried a number of different stores in Belfast over the weekend and similar reactions. The consensus being no one really new much about it, they said yeah it's great but couldn't say why. In one store the display case was out but no phone in it. I asked any Z10's in stock? "No we hope to get them sometime next week" and that was it, no "would you like me to take your number and call you when they come in?" or anything. I ultimately ordered it online and collected in store.

Maybe it's just something local but I expected better.
    I'm from Belfast
    I got mine from the o2 Store in Park Centre. There is a guy there who is the O2 Guru and he knew everything about the phone. I was surprised to be honest because I've had bad experiences before with stores who sell blackberry's. He went on and on about the time shift, the hub and peek. I myself didn't know I wouldn't need a blackberry bolt on, on my account and I asked to change it as I was using an iPhone previously, and he got excited lol and said no you don't need to change it, it works on any smartphone data plan. He was telling me how excited he was because he was getting one of the handsets as well the next day.

Overall I had a good buying experience when I got my phone
    seanmccloskey likes this.
    02-07-13 04:56 AM
    Maybe Richard Hammond can explain it. Or James may since he's so technical.
    02-07-13 05:08 AM