View Poll Results: Does your Z10 randomly reboot?

Voters
436. You may not vote on this poll
  • Does not randomly reboot

204 46.79%
  • Randomly rebooted once or twice but doesn't anymore

83 19.04%
  • Frequently randomly reboots

149 34.17%
    My first one did not reboot. It had the 1726 leak on it. But it had a problem with the noise cancellation circuitry. The replacement does the overnight reboot thing. Not happy.
    05-20-13 07:52 AM
    Right back at it. In bedside mode (on the charger) it rebooted in the middle of the night - then again at 7:59 this morning and then again at 8:49 this morning. Neither of these were in bedside mode but it is still on the charger.

Goofy question but what is a SD card? Is that the SIM card? Does the phone NEED it to function?
    05-20-13 08:00 AM
    Right back at it. In bedside mode (on the charger) it rebooted in the middle of the night - then again at 7:59 this morning and then again at 8:49 this morning. Neither of these were in bedside mode but it is still on the charger.

Goofy question but what is a SD card? Is that the SIM card? Does the phone NEED it to function?
    The SD card is a form of external storage, that you can use to supplement the 16GB of on board storage. It is not required for the phone to function, and is not the same as the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:33 AM
    Once in 2 months

-2 on Vodafone Germany

Happened the day I side loaded Google maps. Deleted it. Hasn't happened after that.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:35 AM
    So when I get home and put it on the charger and turn on wifi, I get a reboot during the night. So i turned of wifi while charging and had no reboot this morning.
    In general it never rebooted on me during the day when wifi was off. It also never rebooted when on wifi at home all day and NOT on the charger. It has to be on the charger AND wifi.

Posted via CB10
    If you search a post by tickerguy, he has made a point on this issue about deadlocks from the wifi and VPN being tied to this problem.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-20-13 11:59 AM
    -3 AT&T has rebooted twice in a 24 hour period but hasn't rebooted in about a week
    05-20-13 12:14 PM
    And the reboots are back. But sneaky BlackBerry removed the option to view the last boot time hoping ppl will stop complaining about the reboots. A hahaha sad.

Posted via my expensive paper weight
    05-20-13 07:06 PM
    And the reboots are back. But sneaky BlackBerry removed the option to view the last boot time hoping ppl will stop complaining about the reboots. A hahaha sad.

Sneaky indeed. I just don't know if that was on purpose. If it was, that would be pathetic, because everybody keeping active frames would know that it happened...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:59 PM
    That's what i do now jus to know when and if it rebooted.

05-20-13 09:09 PM
    Sneaky indeed. I just don't know if that was on purpose. If it was, that would be pathetic, because everybody keeping active frames would know that it happened...

Posted via CB10
    It accidentally became broken a while back with the 10.1 leaks. Odd they didn't catch that bug with the official release just type
    file:///var/boottime.txt in your browser and it will show your last boot. You will have to zoom since it's tiny and in the upper left corner. Someone suggested bookmarking it, I forgot who but it's a great idea
    05-20-13 09:09 PM
    My last rebewb was 2:02 this morning while I was sleeping.
    05-20-13 09:13 PM
    It accidentally became broken a while back with the 10.1 leaks. Odd they didn't catch that bug with the official release just type
    file:///var/boottime.txt in your browser and it will show your last boot. You will have to zoom since it's tiny and in the upper left corner. Someone suggested bookmarking it, I forgot who but it's a great idea
    How do you book mark it?

I was in a AT&T shop today and the guy suggested I just return it under the one year manufacturer warranty. He said they've received a lot of inquiries about the reboot issue and that it's "obviously a manufacturer defect" so a return would be accepted. It got me thinking. First off, AT&T IS NOT Blackberry friendly. Any chance to get you to iPhone or Samsung they'll jump at it. Secondly, I wonder what the folks at Blackberry think about this - the suggestion to return it and get your money back. That could be a major blow to sales if returns start coming in and word gets out about the returns.
    05-20-13 10:50 PM
    How do you book mark it?
    Just enter the URL, and when the page is displayed go to the "overflow menu" in the lower right and select "Add Bookmark".
    05-20-13 10:53 PM
    Open it your browser then click on the 3 dots for options (lower right corner), then click the add bookmark option.

Haven't dealt with att so I can't comment on them, I bought my Z from a tmo reseller on release day.
    05-20-13 10:55 PM
264 ... 91011