Wow. Definitely try a different plug (with higher voltage) instead of the one that came with the device may be not enough output. That happens with me for car chargers. If anything that security wipe may help.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm thinking I might have to go and pick me up a Motorola Charger.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:36 PM
    Honestly I think you should stick with your stock charger -- the error message is a glitch. Now that I'm up dated to the new MR I'm no longer getting that error. However, I was having issues with my previous Motorola charger. Especially my Motorola car charger. Whenever I plugged it in (car was already running) phone would restart. My battery fully charges and has great life. Also had problems with a bad USB cable and had to replace.
    09-12-13 09:51 PM
    Okay for you guys saying plugging and unplugging is not good for the phone, I don't have a choice. The phone will not charge if I leave that "use charger that came with device" message on the screen. It will stay at whatever percentage it is currently on. So I don't have a choice but to keep plugging and unplugging the usb cable until the message doesn't show. This also happens when we get the "red" indicator on the battery. I would love lot to keep plugging and re plugging.

Posted via CB10
    I was having the same issue, with the charger that came with my Z10. I started using the charger from my 9930 and haven't had a problem since.

I did upgrade to 10.2 a while back. So not sure if the problem/bug was fixed. Haven't bothered going back to the charger that came with phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:34 PM
    I would plug in charger, get the error message and ignore it. The phone would keep charging and the message would go away. But perhaps there was something quirky about my Motorola charger. Because my Kindle charger works great.

As far as repeatedly unplugging the cable, the cable on my stock charger went bad. So it would recognize the cable, give me the message, and then stop charging. Once I replaced the cable the charging issue was gone.
    Gene Ellison likes this.
    09-13-13 04:28 AM
    Honestly I think you should stick with your stock charger -- the error message is a glitch. Now that I'm up dated to the new MR I'm no longer getting that error. However, I was having issues with my previous Motorola charger. Especially my Motorola car charger. Whenever I plugged it in (car was already running) phone would restart. My battery fully charges and has great life. Also had problems with a bad USB cable and had to replace.
    The error message may be a glitch but when I get the message the phone doesn't charge or charges maybe a perce.tage point within 30-45 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:14 AM
    I use the PlayBook charger on my z10 still fine since the tmo launch

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:40 AM
    I do not know but, wife just started using bb for the first time. She has a Q10 and I use both 9900 and Z10. My God in heavens, she talks and talks and text all day long unlike me, and still comes home with over 50%. Neither of us have had such problem. Battery life is great. Try upgrading your device, but before, upgrade your link desktop software and lower the background light on device and turn off gps location. GPS location turned on is like leaving your car running with ac running and driving with windows down. Fine tune, fine tune. Be well. I have many suggestions, but do not want to confuse you either.
    09-13-13 02:05 PM
    To top it off. Just restarted my phone and lost everything in the Hub. Lol all I can do is laugh at this point. Think I'm done with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:09 PM
    I am currently running 10. 1.0.2019 (AT&T)It doesn't matter what wall receptacle I use. I tried them all at home and even at work and I get the same message.

Posted via CB10
    I am running the same.... if you can hold out for the next OS update you will be alright...

Battery life is up to you... make sure you close apps not in use and shutdown Wi-Fi. NFC, hotspot, etc
    ... when not in use...

Be patient with your device and remember nothing is perfect... You will enjoy it more!

Let your wife go back to the iPhone 5s if she wants... BlackBerry is not for everyone! Just like "i" this and that is not for everyone!

Good Luck. :-)

Please Use The Charger That Came With The Device-img_00000758.png
    STL100-3
    OS 10.1.0.2019

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:40 PM
    Took me 17 plugs and unplugs to finally get this.

Attachment 201074

SMH.

Posted via CB10

Ice cold
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:45 PM
    To top it off. Just restarted my phone and lost everything in the Hub. Lol all I can do is laugh at this point. Think I'm done with it.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook charger is a rapid charger for the Z. Works awesome. Been using it since March.

Posted via CB10
    Gene Ellison likes this.
    09-13-13 10:50 PM
    PlayBook charger is a rapid charger for the Z. Works awesome. Been using it since March.

Posted via CB10
    Just had a similar issue with my PB charger on my Z10. I had recently use a Samsung charger at work when I forgot my own charger. The Z10 did not like that experience. I had to do a battery pull and leave the battery over night, then run though a full charge cycle with my PB charger be for the charging error message would disappear. I have had the best success using cubes (both BB & apple) and PB charger. I will definitely check the specs on the next Samsung or generic charge before using. My battery efficiency dropped from 92% to 90% as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:03 PM
    Ice cold
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    Battery Guru

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 06:13 PM
    When I first got my Z10 I decided I would only use the charger that came with it. That lasted 3 days. In addition to it not fitting very well into my phone, often the phone would not show it was connected without me wiggling the cord around till it connected.

Been using my PlayBook charger and my 9800 charger with no issues ever since.

Makes me wonder if maybe there was a defective batch of charging cords. My neice had the same problem, solved by switching to her PlayBook cable.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 07:54 PM
39 12