So frustrated with this. Been going on for weeks. I am using the Charger that Came with my device. My battery already only lasts about 2 hours with regular usage at the most. On top of that every single time I plug the Charger in I get the same message. It takes about 20 times of unplugging and plugging back in to not get the message. When I finally can get it to accept that I am using the Charger supplied, it then takes forever to charge the phone. I just don't get it.

My wife's Z10 is doing the exact same thing except she gets the "red" indicator on her battery more than me. She has already.made up her mind she is going back to the iPhone and makes me feel like crap for talking her into switching. We both are just so frustrated with these phones. Very disappointed.

I know others have had this issue. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:01 PM
    First thing to check, are you on an old OS? I believe this used to be a bug, but was fixed later. If you're on a 10.1.0.4xxx build, this shouldn't be the same issue.

With that out of the way, if you have a multimeter handy, check the VAC coming out of your wall receptacle. I get the same message - and sometimes the red exclamation mark - when I use a charger plugged into my car's inverter. The error appears when the car's electrical system experiences a voltage dip, like when turning on the rear defroster or my auxiliary lights.
    09-11-13 09:08 PM
    First thing to check, are you on an old OS? I believe this used to be a bug, but was fixed later. If you're on a 10.1.0.4xxx build, this shouldn't be the same issue.

With that out of the way, if you have a multimeter handy, check the VAC coming out of your wall receptacle. I get the same message - and sometimes the red exclamation mark - when I use a charger plugged into my car's inverter. The error appears when the car's electrical system experiences a voltage dip, like when turning on the rear defroster or my auxiliary lights.
    I am currently running 10. 1.0.2019 (AT&T)It doesn't matter what wall receptacle I use. I tried them all at home and even at work and I get the same message.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:12 PM
    I had same problem. I did a security wipe reboot and that fixed it and the chargers work fine along with the battery
    der_mit likes this.
    09-11-13 09:15 PM
    This message definitely comes in error sometimes.

-STV on Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-11-13 09:16 PM
    I had same problem. I did a security wipe reboot and that fixed it and the chargers work fine along with the battery
    So I will have to do a security wipe. Wow. Do I need to connect to a computer to do this security swipe? Also will this improve my battery life? This is the worst battery life I have ever had on a Smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:20 PM
    So I will have to do a security wipe. Wow. Do I need to connect to a computer to do this security swipe? Also will this improve my battery life? This is the worst battery life I have ever had on a Smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously, your battery should be ok on that build. If you want to do a security wipe, you should make sure your data is backed up first. The best way to do this is with BlackBerry Link on a PC. If you don't mind setting the phone up from scratch again and don't have any data worth saving, then just swipe down from the top, hit settings, Security and privacy, Security wipe. That'll revert your phone back to brand new, but you'll keep any updates you performed since you got your phone. This solves most issues, but the fact that your wife is experiencing the same thing leads me to believe you both have faulty updates installed. If you can connect to a pc and use BlackBerry Link, you should be able to see if there is an update for you to install. If there is, it would negate the need for a security wipe.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    anon(1173270) likes this.
    09-11-13 11:53 PM
    My battery lasts 8-12 hours with fairly heavy usage

09-11-13 11:56 PM
    Sorry, I hit send before I'd finished. I was going to say that I think the problem is a fault in the last update you applied. Before doing anything, just check to see if there is an update available to download over WiFi. Swipe down, hit settings, updates, check for updates. If there is, just download that and see how you get on. One other thing, do not use Skype, it can cause severe lagging and battery drain for some users.

09-12-13 12:01 AM
    Had this and think it is a software thing, have leaked 10.2 and have not had this pop up again. Even when charging through the battery bundle.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:35 AM
    So frustrated with this. Been going on for weeks. I am using the Charger that Came with my device. My battery already only lasts about 2 hours with regular usage at the most. On top of that every single time I plug the Charger in I get the same message. It takes about 20 times of unplugging and plugging back in to not get the message. When I finally can get it to accept that I am using the Charger supplied, it then takes forever to charge the phone. I just don't get it.

My wife's Z10 is doing the exact same thing except she gets the "red" indicator on her battery more than me. She has already.made up her mind she is going back to the iPhone and makes me feel like crap for talking her into switching. We both are just so frustrated with these phones. Very disappointed.

I know others have had this issue. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Do not plug in your phone if you don't plan on leaving it plugged in for at least 15 minutes...it's in the instructions. Continually plugging/unplugging is not good for the equipment.

Trusted Member
    09-12-13 05:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. You can do it right on the phone. It was worth it

Posted via Harry
    09-12-13 06:33 AM
    By any chance are you and your wife using the same charger? Have you tried a different charger? And stop plugging and unplugging the phone. The message means nothing, just ignore it. Before my T-mo MR upgrade I used to get it all the time. It means nothing. Although at this stage you may need to do a wipe. That's why forums like this exist, so you can search and see if anyone else has the same issue you're experiencing. I think there are at least two threads on this.
    09-12-13 07:47 AM
    Okay for you guys saying plugging and unplugging is not good for the phone, I don't have a choice. The phone will not charge if I leave that "use charger that came with device" message on the screen. It will stay at whatever percentage it is currently on. So I don't have a choice but to keep plugging and unplugging the usb cable until the message doesn't show. This also happens when we get the "red" indicator on the battery. I would love lot to keep plugging and re plugging.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:05 AM
    Do not plug in your phone if you don't plan on leaving it plugged in for at least 15 minutes...it's in the instructions. Continually plugging/unplugging is not good for the equipment.

Trusted Member
    I have to keep plugging it in to get a charge. I understand the instructions but don't have a choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:05 AM
    By any chance are you and your wife using the same charger? Have you tried a different charger? And stop plugging and unplugging the phone. The message means nothing, just ignore it. Before my T-mo MR upgrade I used to get it all the time. It means nothing. Although at this stage you may need to do a wipe. That's why forums like this exist, so you can search and see if anyone else has the same issue you're experiencing. I think there are at least two threads on this.
    Me and my wife are using different charging cables.

What is strange is that when I use a charger that is not supplied such as a Motorola, I don't get the message.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:35 AM

What is strange is that when I use a charger that is not supplied such as a Motorola, I don't get the message.

Posted via CB10
    This might not be the USB cable that was supplied but could be a faulty USB power adapter. I've had a few of those go on me and before they do, they start doing weird things like not supplying enough electrical to properly run or charge a device.

But above all else, you need to take a deep breath, regroup and start running through different pieces of your issue. It seems like a process of elimination situation, so having a little extra patients will be a key asset. I agree with most of the point made thus far, you should write down a check-list and check off everything you manage to rule out until you come to the root cause.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    09-12-13 08:53 AM
    This might not be the USB cable that was supplied but could be a faulty USB power adapter. I've had a few of those go on me and before they do, they start doing weird things like not supplying enough electrical to properly run or charge a device.

But above all else, you need to take deep breath, regroup and start running through different pieces of your issue. It seems like a process of elimination situation, so having a little extra patients will be a key asset. I agree with most of the point made those far, you should write down a check-list and check of every thing you manage to rule out until you come to the root cause.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    Thank you for your help. And yes I definitely need to take a deep breath. It's just so frustrating with my wife beating me up about how her phone is not working and I'm the reason she got the phone lol. I will do a checklist to try and narrow this down. I am thinking I may need to do a security wipe though.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:56 AM
    I had just upgraded to my 1st smart phone, a BBZ10. My phone has done the same where it says please use the same charger. But I had got it refurbished out of the box from ATT. I had done the updated software but no go. I have not tried the security swipe yet though.

However yes I had a similar experience with my old Samsung RugbyII. With using the USB charger it came with it didn't retaiin a charge after a while. I bought a new battery then same thing happened. One night I borrowed a friends charger. Older Motorola USB charger it charged it good as new. I looked at it, and noticed it had a higher voltage it was also one solid piece. Not the wall adapter and seperate cable. I went to the electronics shop, I bought a charger that had a higher voltage and was one piece it fixed the Rugby II. I noticed same thing on this BB10 starting to happen, so pulled out that charger again. I think it just needs a higher dose to charge the cells in a lithium ION battery.

The BlackBerry wall adapter puts out 5Vand the generic fluxes higher than that.

Hope this helps.
    Please Use The Charger That Came With The Device-img_00000093.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    But are you using the same charger itself? Also, sure, the Motorola won't throw the error because it out puts more power. When I was getting the error (usually only when the battery was below 60%) and plugged it into my Kindle charger, the error went away. It also out puts more power. .
    09-12-13 10:25 AM
    But are you using the same charger itself? Also, sure, the Motorola won't throw the error because it out puts more power. When I was getting the error (usually only when the battery was below 60%) and plugged it into my Kindle charger, the error went away. It also out puts more power. .
    No we are not using the same charger. I have my own and she has hers.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:43 AM
    Only starting doing this since I've started installing latest android runtime last night. I don't want to do a wipe may hold out for official.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:35 PM
    Took me 17 plugs and unplugs to finally get this.

Please Use The Charger That Came With The Device-img_00000102.png

SMH.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:03 PM
    To throw the proverbial spanner into the works....

I've never used the charger that came with the Z10. Initially because the cable was too short. Why are cables so short nowadays? And as others complained about battery life I've consistently got over a day of reasonable heavy use.

The charger I use is the one that came with my Curve 9300....that I used on my Curve 9320....and it's now charging my Z10.

Ok, shoot me now.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:37 PM
    Wow. Definitely try a different plug (with higher voltage) instead of the one that came with the device may be not enough output. That happens with me for car chargers. If anything that security wipe may help.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:26 PM
39 12