60 123
tools
    omg did you died?
    Yes several times but I got better.
    Multivitamins ftw!

Posted from my Z10 with my CB10 app
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-17-13 08:16 AM
    this is normal but it might be helped with a few software patches and updates. I know the Ipad also gets really hot at times and maybe to help it you should not have the brightness up all the way while playing the game!
    02-17-13 08:24 AM
    Mine randomly got hot when it was in my leather sleeve /pouch and almost took it down 50% battery life in an hour.
    If there is no reason for this I would be concerned... Are you sure you are not leaving a game running and not allowing it to sleep while in the holster? Sounds like you are leaving an app running...
    02-17-13 09:16 AM
    It's really too bad there aren't a few rows of actual perforations on battery cover, especially considering the design would accommodate this so easily.

02-17-13 02:54 PM
    Mine does it when watching YouTube and iplayer videos. Lithium ions do run hot so shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Michael

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Li-Ion batteries are not supposed to heat up. It's the SoC and other chips that heat up.
    02-17-13 02:57 PM
    In any case, the S4 is supposed to be relatively efficient. I used the Lumia 920 for a few weeks and it heated up only once, when I used the fancy camera lenses (although I did not play games on it). No overheating while watching videos or using navigation. Now, I am using the iP5 and have never had any overheating problems (again, I don't game).

So, I'd say it will take time before they optimize BB10.

Heating is not much of a problem for the SoCs and such (although it does diminish longevity of the components), but it is very detrimental to battery performance and useful life.
    02-17-13 03:05 PM
    In any case, the S4 is supposed to be relatively efficient. I used the Lumia 920 for a few weeks and it heated up only once, when I used the fancy camera lenses (although I did not play games on it). No overheating while watching videos or using navigation. Now, I am using the iP5 and have never had any overheating problems (again, I don't game).

So, I'd say it will take time before they optimize BB10.
    I don't get heat on my Z10 with those activities either. It's pretty much only with extended periods of gameplay. Even heavy downloading sessions don't get mine hot.

Sometimes heavy navigation through the Z10's UI might get it slightly warm.

This all makes me think it's related to graphics handling.

But I agree with you that OS enhancements will solve much of the issue.

02-17-13 05:31 PM
    Mine randomly got hot when it was in my leather sleeve /pouch and almost took it down 50% battery life in an hour.
    mine is doing this now with latest software release... I can feel it burning in my pocket with no use
    03-03-13 02:27 AM
    Mine exploded several times already. Is that bad?
    A couple times I was holding it during the explosion. I feel fine, but upon closer inspection I don't necessarily see all fingers. I think there used to be 5, but I'll have to look for some old photos to double-check.
    I wouldn't worry... your eyes probably got damaged in the explosion so you can't see all your fingers. They're probably there though...
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-03-13 02:35 AM
    Yes it does get hot easily. The other day I was in a basement meeting room and it was trying to connect all the time and I had to switch it off as it was burning a hole in my jacket. The 9900 would never behave like that. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:28 AM
    Yes it does get hot easily. The other day I was in a basement meeting room and it was trying to connect all the time and I had to switch it off as it was burning a hole in my jacket. The 9900 would never behave like that. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    The weird part is when it gets hot(while in standby, no apps running) the battery drains in a few hours. At other times when its not burning up the battery will not shift any percentage for hours.

maybe another software fix??
    03-04-13 11:06 AM
    The battery drains in a few hours no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:14 AM
    I just bought a new game called autumn dynasty. The battery not only gets super hot but when I have it charging it still goes down.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:09 PM
    My Z10 gets pretty warm sometimes as well, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty normal for such a powerful little computer, especially since it has no real means of cooling itself.
    If you can still hold the device with battery-side against your bare hand it is not getting too hot.
    03-07-13 11:35 PM
    When I run intensive games on my HTC Amaze, the phone heats up too. I don't think the Z10 is alone in heating up. Part of the reason why people really can sense the heat is the device's thinness...
    03-13-13 02:21 AM
    Mine is hot too with just a minimum usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:39 AM
    Oops, sry something went wrong here.

Pls delete
    03-13-13 02:59 AM
    Oops, sry something went wrong here.

Pls delete
    03-13-13 03:02 AM
    Usually a device warms under heavy usage of CPU/GPU/ Network scan. I'll check what app is loaded as a reflex. In fact in such situation, my paranoid me will save and wipe the Zed immediately. If it still gets hot , then I'll check bluetooth,wifi and cellular consistency (one by one, then all together, starting by BT+WIFI alone as there might be some interference here ).

Had this behavior once and my diagnostic was: network inconsistency. But I cannot claim this as a factual and general one.
    PS: I'm STL-002.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:03 AM
    I played asphalt 7 and within 2-3 mins it was so hot that I got scared for the safety of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:13 AM
    I am having heating problems too. You are not alone. Currently i am wiping the device. See if it will happen again. I realize for me is, as long as the phone is not using 2G, when loading anything, it starts to warm up. 4th day with the phone and my battery still only can last me 10 hours per charge with moderate use. same usage when i using my curve 9320,on 2g. normally after 10 hours, i will have more than 50% left. there were times where lesser messages, after 10 hours i still have 80%

And, sometimes it heats up too even on wifi. i donno why
    03-13-13 05:16 AM
    Heating up when using wifi is normal. I found at one point I was syncing 4 Microsoft Exchange Activesync accounts and my phone was not only burning but died in 2 hours.

Now I turned on synching only for what I need. Wifi only gets turned on when needed.

Battery life went from 2 to 10 hours easy!

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-13-13 07:00 PM
    I'm getting the same issue on the z10 but with my playbook I've never had anything like this going on.
    03-16-13 06:11 PM
    The only time my z10 feels hot is when its running on 4G LTE.
    03-16-13 06:34 PM
    Only when playing 3d battleship but at no other time, and I always have everything on, LTE, blue tooth, wifi, all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:08 PM
60 123