Hi y'all crackberry gurus. I just joined today. Here are the facts:

I just got a BB z10. BB link upgraded my OS to 10.1.0.4780. Also this is an STL 100-3. My PC is windows and Im mac illiterate.

Now, I read up a bunch of posts and watched goodereader and other youtube videos/tutorials on sideloading. Correctly turned on the Developer mode, updated my java, and sideloaded a bunch of apps. (ex. viber, maps, yelp). Didn't get any errors anywhere and after a success everywhere, the wonderful icons appeared on my Z10 screen. However, not even one of them launched. I tried re-sideloading using the chrome plug in, and then again with DDPB, and everything went super smooth. But, no launch, nuh uh.

THEN after reading a bunch more posts, it occurred to me that POSSIBLY, this is all getting screwed up because the version of the android runtime file I downloaded is sys.android 10.2.0.50. And maybe, the whole 10.1 OS and 10.2 sys.android are just not working together. There were 2 runtime files, and I was able to delete one of them using the chrome plug-in; but the bigger file is not getting deleted.

I dont want to try autoloader and get a leaked 10.2 OS, and just want to keep the official OS version.

Can anyone, please, please help me with guidance on how to uninstall this runtime file; or help me with other ways to make the sideloading work. I thank you in advance!
    Last edited by newbie1235; 12-19-13 at 07:15 PM.
    12-19-13 06:21 PM
    U should start with 10.2 http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now try the sideloads again. I'm on 10.2 no issues with my sideloads

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    newbie1235 likes this.
    12-19-13 06:52 PM
    Thank you! But because of my new-ness to BB, i am a bit apprehensive about trying to install a leaked OS 10.2 on my own. Any other thoughts? Thanks again!
    12-19-13 07:13 PM
    Try loading a different Runtime. I recall there was more than one. I think loading it would over-write the one on your system.
    newbie1235 likes this.
    12-19-13 07:53 PM
    Thats excellent advice! Thanks! Any ideas on which is the right runtime version? I tried google but it just keeps showing me results for runtime versions for OS 10.2...sigh :/
    12-19-13 09:28 PM
    Thank you! But because of my new-ness to BB, i am a bit apprehensive about trying to install a leaked OS 10.2 on my own. Any other thoughts? Thanks again!
    It's not a leak it's rogers official os. It's not an autoloader and therefore nondestructive.

12-19-13 09:33 PM
    Ah i see. Since my phone software update didnt show it as an option, i assumed its a leak! Where can i download it? Also, how would i know which runtime files are most compatible with this OS? Thanks again!!
    12-19-13 10:44 PM
    Ah i see. Since my phone software update didnt show it as an option, i assumed its a leak! Where can i download it? Also, how would i know which runtime files are most compatible with this OS? Thanks again!!
    The link I gave you earlier has the information in it and the runtime with it works fine with my sideload.

12-19-13 11:21 PM
    Also, how would i know which runtime files are most compatible with this 10.2 OS? Thanks again!!
    Thanks! Any advice on where i can find the right Runtime version for this new OS?

It does post a scary warning - "As always, make sure you know what you're getting into before you start any of this. Perform a full backup of your device first and don't hold us or anyone else responsible should anything go wrong."

And asks to download something called Sachesi!

Meh, I got a BB cuz i cant afford an i-phone and really didnt want to be forced to get the ONLY alternative i.e. samsung (im so not a samsung fan). This has been such an ordeal after all.

Any-which-way, thanks so much for your help today and this is quite an impressive BB support community!
    12-19-13 11:45 PM
    Thanks! Any advice on where i can find the right Runtime version for this new OS?

It does post a scary warning - "As always, make sure you know what you're getting into before you start any of this. Perform a full backup of your device first and don't hold us or anyone else responsible should anything go wrong."

And asks to download something called Sachesi!

Meh, I got a BB cuz i cant afford an i-phone and really didnt want to be forced to get the ONLY alternative i.e. samsung (im so not a samsung fan). This has been such an ordeal after all.

Any-which-way, thanks so much for your help today and this is quite an impressive BB support community!
    Yes you have to download sachesi to get the os to download onto the phone. The runtime comes with the os. Follow the steps and you will be ok. I did it with no issues.

Tabdus likes this.
    12-19-13 11:58 PM