Alright... real quick... Love my z10 and that's from a long time iPhone user..

I hear people are getting android apps on their blackberry and I tried side loading and had a heck of a time getting them on... the two apps I did get on Audible and Paypal won't work.. .

Then I came across Runtime which is on the blackberry site and still can't figure it out. Maybe I'm stupid but even then I could use a hand. What's the best and easiest way you have gotten android apps on your device?
    01-06-14 04:02 PM
    The Android Runtime IS already in your Z10. There is nothing you need to do about that, support for android apps is built-in.

This guide here is, IMO, the easiest way to get apps into your Z10: http://crackberry.com/sideload-apps-...-google-chrome

Now you mentioned Audible. I have good and bad news about that. On 10.1 and 10.2.0, to get Audible working, you need a debug token and then use that to convert the apk file (android) into a bar file (BlackBerry10). The bad news is this process is rather complicated for one that's just getting started with sideloading.

The good news is that 10.2.1 will be released soon and this version of the OS will allow for direct intallation of apk files, and that Audible without any workaround on that OS.

You could also install the 10.2.1.1925 OS that leaked (unknown sources inside blackberry "leak" a release that gets to the public before it should). Just be advised that leaks and backups don't go well together and you would better go for the "I'll start from scratch" after loading it. But you'll get Audible working (PS: Audibooks will be saved on the interna memory - changing that on the leak will open the gates of hell).

Here is out adventure with Audible. You'll find links for the debug token thread in there. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-no-go-802135
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-06-14 at 04:49 PM.
    01-06-14 04:39 PM
    I find using the Chrome Browser with the Playbook Application Manager is pretty easy. It shows what's already on the device. Obviously, you need to find BAR files that are suitable.

With that said, I now find using the 10.2.1.1925 LEAK makes the entire process almost as simple as using BBWorld. You do have to sideload SNAP bar file and then you can download android apps directly from the Google Store and install them.
    azredryder likes this.
    01-06-14 04:53 PM
    I did the install of leaked 10.2.1.1925 OS. It was not easy, but now I am in app heaven.
    01-06-14 05:14 PM
    Thanks to both of you... if I can just get a few of my must have apps my experience with the z10 will be great..sans the battery life...

Why doesn't blackberry partner with the Android market and just focus on the hardware... blackberry world seems like a total loss and it's embarrassing frankly... opening up access to all the android apps without side loading would be huge
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 05:17 PM
    Can you link me to an easy to install version your using..... rummaging through threads to find the best link.... everything Witt blackberry is do difficult
    01-06-14 05:25 PM
    Thanks to both of you... if I can just get a few of my must have apps my experience with the z10 will be great..sans the battery life...

Why doesn't blackberry partner with the Android market and just focus on the hardware... blackberry world seems like a total loss and it's embarrassing frankly... opening up access to all the android apps without side loading would be huge
    Its true that getting the Android apps to install easier is what's needed, but for the moment, we have to do sideload or install the leak to get the apps we want now.
    01-06-14 05:25 PM
    Oh brotha... blackberry is wild.... I just read an article about downloading a leaked version and the second step he starts talking about this autoloader thing... What the he'll is an Autoloader and how do you write an article about how do download leaks and explain what this is...unreal

If someone would be kind enough to explain what the "m" is in the middle of my z10 screen when I try to download the 1925 leak?

I need real help
    01-06-14 06:39 PM
    Please use a computer (running Windows) for everything "leak".

A leak, is a full OS. The autoloader is the .EXE file that loads the leak into your device.

As for the "m"... I have no idea what you're talking about. press the two volume rockers together to take a screen shot and post here.

Posted via CB10 << the app that messes my posts the most
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-07-14 at 08:29 PM.
    01-06-14 07:23 PM
    1. The Autoloader is a compressed file that you would download to your computer. I used WinZip to unzip it to my computer.

2. You need BlackBerry Link to do a backup of your phone, unless you don't have much to save on it.

3. You would connect your phone to your computer using the usb cord, and press the Autoloader to begin. It will open a small window in your computer to show that the files are being added to your phone. As I remember, they added pretty quick, then the window closes, and your phone will restart. Do not disconnect your phone until it has fully restarted!
    4. When your phone is restarted, then you will either do the restore (this part took the longest for me), or just re- sign-in to your Facebook or other accounts.

5. I used the DDPB loader to add Snap to my phone, since I was familiar with using it. There is a very useful step-by-step tutorial on how to sideload.

6. Once I had Snap on my phone, then I signed in using my gmail information, and I was able to install Android apps to my phone.
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 01-07-14 at 01:56 PM.
    01-06-14 08:22 PM
    Finally got it working and must say it's awesome getting my favorite apps... people on cracker run don't understand how convoluted their language sounds to outsiders and getting stuff done can be arduous.

With that said z10 may be my favorite phone ever and I just hope they open up the android market officially and focus on great phones
    01-07-14 09:56 AM
    I am actually glad that BlackBerry did not directly adopt Android OS and only focus on hardware. Otherwise the hub, the gesture control, and the keyboard would not be as efficient as what we have right now. Even though this approach doesn't give you all the android apps right out of the gate, but it gives you more and more over the time, and at the same time keeps BlackBerry's efficiency in productivity and security department.

I think it 's a winner in long term.

BTW how do you compare z10 to the android phones you used in terms of smoothness? I have never used an Android phone before and got confusing impression from forum posts. Most people here saying BB10 is more forgiving on hardware specs, android needs high specs to run smoothly, is that true from you experience?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:20 AM
    Finally got it working and must say it's awesome getting my favorite apps... people on cracker run don't understand how convoluted their language sounds to outsiders and getting stuff done can be arduous.

With that said z10 may be my favorite phone ever and I just hope they open up the android market officially and focus on great phones

I know exactly what you mean. People are doing a great job by posting the Autoloaders, but their descriptions of the steps are hard to understand, especially for new users. I'm not a new user, but this was my first attempt to load a leaked OS, and it was a challenge to me.
    01-07-14 01:55 PM
    I totally agree Denise... and actually I was a little turned off by a lot of the postings calling people idiots and what not for "not reading"..... like this obnoxious twerp

Like please stop swearing at me bro... sorry I've haven't been living in a blackberry cocoon for a decade and don't know how to download a ".Bar"
    file on my cell phone...lol
    01-07-14 06:52 PM
    We're all newbies at some point
    Glad to know that you've lost your leak virginity~!

Like please stop swearing at me bro... sorry I've haven't been living in a blackberry cocoon for a decade and don't know how to download a ".Bar"
    file on my cell phone...lol[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:33 PM