I know right!? Its almost as bad as having to sign a 3 year contract...Oh wait.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Yeah I've never understood contracts. I use wind mobile, off contract. 30/m unlimited call/text/data + features.

It's crazy what I see people sign themselves into for a "free" phone up here lol. I think folks in the US tend to be more aware of those things.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:30 AM
    I'm not sure arrogant is the term you are looking for.

Arrogant means I am sure of myself or have a heightened sense of self worth. In this regard, I'm not referring to my abilities.

With that said, you could say I have unreal expectations of users. Or that I'm ignorant to blackberry's state of affairs. But arrogant just seems unfair given the subject matter

Remember, it's because of your carrier - who you pay and chose to enter a contract with - that is fully responsible for you not having the update. Yet you still pay them. You are choosing to be angry about not having OS 10.1 - which you don't need (you want). And your choosing not to follow the basic instructions to manually upgrade.

As far as I'm concerned, we are all responsible for the situation we are in. And I can't see how you can justify blaming blackberry for any of that.

Posted via CB10
    I agree arrogant is not the word that comes to mind after reading your silly post. I think another poster called it snotty and I agree with that. I have a few other words that come to mind as well but Ill keep them to myself

Back to you and your incredible wisdom.

06-09-13 12:40 AM
    I think another poster called it snotty and I agree with that...

Back to you and your incredible wisdom.

It's a bit more colourful at least. . But, snotty suggests I was saying I am superior or conceited about my own abilities.

Where as I was suggesting if they can't manually run a file they should reconsider being a blackberry user (which ultimately requires running files from time to time).

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:56 AM
    It's a bit more colourful at least. . But, snotty suggests I was saying I am superior or conceited about my own abilities.

Where as I was suggesting if they can't manually run a file they should reconsider being a blackberry user (which ultimately requires running files from time to time).

Posted via CB10
    I've had a BlackBerry since 05 and I never had to run files. Never had rebooting issues or ever heard so much talk about installing leaks. I charged the battery, installed the sim card and on my way. No issues from my ugly gold tone pearl, Pearl Flip, 8520, 9780, 9900 . Also never heard so much egotistical **** coming from people. There are some great people who are down to earth, but some real ******* assholes. I apologize to anyone I offended with my choice of words

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:44 AM
    Well cb I have a question, I Ave downloaded spiderman and dark knight spider man for instance gave me a update. But took so long to download and failed to install after I update the o's to 10.1 also dark night I paid for it and it too like 5hours to download but failed to install that's Sucks serious I hate when that happens I got hold of game loft and spoke to the yesterday and the support advised me Unfortunately, the Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Playbook are not supported in Gameloft Shop; there is no technical way we can help you.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:24 AM
    I agree.

However, in reality, this isn't the case. You need to be hands on and willing to get your hands dirty - it was the same for the PlayBook. Otherwise it's a bad purchase and its going to waste your time. It's just the reality (don't blame the messenger). It doesn't matter what bbry should or shouldn't do - it is what it is.

Purchasing: both. Bought my PB full price at 650 or something. Plus got one free. Bought 2 z10's + q10, z10 free (LE).

Personally, I could care less about what a carrier let's me install. I'm not going to go into the reboot issue - said it many times. I had the problem on 3 phones * fixed it on all 3, and posted the fix. This is about carriers and 10.1 which is different.

There are three choices, do it ourselves, wait for someone to do it for us, or return it.

Manually updating is so painless from the community working together that I'm sorry - yes, I have zero sympathy. But I'll let everyone go back to complaining instead of spending 20 minutes yo jus get it over with.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry adopts your attitude then it really will be dead next year
    You miss the point. Manually updating may be painless for you. But not so for others.
    And it should always be an option, not a necessity.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    06-09-13 05:15 AM
    Yeah, you must be right. Blackberry must have sent 10.1 to every carrier months ago except for the US. It's probably a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10

Go to the leaks forum and see what has been given to the carriers. See the comments from Blackberry.
    Stop being a 12 year old.

Tim
    You two need to slow down and read. The key point to my statement is in BlackBerry telling the carriers that release 10.X will fix the reboots. This hasn't happened.

BlackBerry needs to deliver a solution.

A few people running a leak for a few days and declaring "No more reboots," is not the same as the manufacturer coming out with a release that addresses a problem with their product - and communicating that fix to their carriers.

Oh, and Tim? It's rather basic to communication for some one making an assertion to be expected to provide support for that assertion. The burden of proof is on you, hence my comment.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:22 AM

Arrogant means I am sure of myself or have a heightened sense of self worth. In this regard, I'm not referring to my abilities.

With that said, you could say I have unreal expectations of users. Or that I'm ignorant to blackberry's state of affairs. But arrogant just seems unfair given the subject matter

Remember, it's because of your carrier - who you pay and chose to enter a contract with - that is fully responsible for you not having the update. Yet you still pay them. You are choosing to be angry about not having OS 10.1 - which you don't need (you want). And your choosing not to follow the basic instructions to manually upgrade.

As far as I'm concerned, we are all responsible for the situation we are in. And I can't see how you can justify blaming blackberry for any of that.

Posted via CB10
    You need professional help.

Your head got put on backwards 4 sure.

Tim

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-09-13 06:35 AM
    You two need to slow down and read. The key point to my statement is in BlackBerry telling the carriers that release 10.X will fix the reboots. This hasn't happened.

BlackBerry needs to deliver a solution.

A few people running a leak for a few days and declaring "No more reboots," is not the same as the manufacturer coming out with a release that addresses a problem with their product - and communicating that fix to their carriers.

Oh, and Tim? It's rather basic to communication for some one making an assertion to be expected to provide support for that assertion. The burden of proof is on you, hence my comment.

Posted via CB10
    You need to read. YES They have!

Clear enough?

You expect me to help you with proof when you can't even find it yourself? If you do not know how to find the facts BlackBerry is better off without you.

Sound familiar?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-09-13 06:37 AM
    You need to read. YES They have!

Clear enough?

You expect me to help you with proof when you can't even find it yourself? If you do not know how to find the facts BlackBerry is better off without you.

Sound familiar?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Nice response.

And you said my behavior was that of a twelve year old...

SMH

Again, I'm just looking for a statement from BlackBerry that says release 10.1.x fixes the reboot problem.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 06-09-13 at 07:11 AM.
    06-09-13 06:50 AM
    Simple really buy the device that is more suitable for you. I have owned 2 iPhones in the past and numerous BlackBerry but never a android device. I prefer the BlackBerry myself as it just seems more comfortable.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    06-09-13 07:49 AM
    Nice response.

SMH

Again, I'm just looking for a statement from BlackBerry that says release 10.1.x fixes the reboot problem.

Posted via CB10
    You're looking for a statement from BlackBerry? Don't hold your breath.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    06-09-13 08:44 AM
    To all you "Super Users " out there. Does installing a LEAK fix Bridge? Cause as far as I know that's BlackBerrys screw up not the horrible US carriers. BlackBerry put out a "Flagship " device with no regard to PlayBook users. I know BB10 is COMING SOON for the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    06-09-13 10:02 AM
    Yes Skype is garbage. Even though I already have it side loaded, it does get annoying seeing that in BlackBerry world. Coming soon... in the next few months.

Same goes for updates. And launches lol

Anyways. Still love my Z10 but a lot of annoyances with " coming Soon" as well

Posted via CB10
    It was in BBWORLD to appease all of the constant whiners, "where is skype?".

From Zed to U via CB10
    06-09-13 10:09 AM
    Well cb I have a question, I Ave downloaded spiderman and dark knight spider man for instance gave me a update...

Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Playbook are not supported in Gameloft Shop; there is no technical way we can help you.

Posted via CB10
    Gameloft is a mess. Half their support folks don't know they have blackberry apps.

The solution is to just delete and redownload.

The easiest way to get a refund is to reply to your order confirmation from BlackBerry and request a refund through them.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:21 PM
    To all you "Super Users " out there. Does installing a LEAK fix Bridge?
    Posted via CB10
    In 10.1 gold and plus, it isn't broken and works as expected.

But it also worked without error for me on 10.0.

But if you can elaborate on what is broken for you I'll test it in more detail.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:24 PM
    In 10.1 gold and plus, it isn't broken and works as expected.

But it also worked without error for me on 10.0.

But if you can elaborate on what is broken for you I'll test it in more detail.

Posted via CB10
    Current BB10 Bridge: no SMS, BBM

Posted via CB10 from my Darth Vader
    06-09-13 01:35 PM
    Current BB10 Bridge: no SMS, BBM

Posted via CB10 from my Darth Vader
    Ok, so not talking about fixes. More like feature parity (the old did xyz, I want the new to do xyz).

Feature parity is the same in 10.1x.

That is, you have bridge from early PlayBook days.
    -internet access
    -files
    -remote control
    -bridge browser

The following probably won't be added back to bridge imo:
    -sms
    -email
    -bbm

BBM should come to it natively with BB10. I would hope, but don't expect, an SMS solution to come with PB10 os.

But that parts just my speculation.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:58 PM
    If they can't run an auto installer to upgrade their OS, we would *all* be better off if they returned their phones anyways.

Forget tools versus toys. We want super users not incompetent ones.

#justmy2cents

Posted via CB10
    You should try to get a refund on your 2 cents. You didn't get your money's worth.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think the masses spoke when they refused to buy, thus BlackBerry was tossed off the throne in market share. They need the masses, the so called non leakers to help them become competitive again or should I say survive as RIM or BlackBerry. We don't need more name changes, just solutions. At minimum, inform us what conversations are going on between them and the carriers. Something would be helpful. After all, the US carriers don't need them to stay afloat.
    niss63 and jh07 like this.
    06-09-13 03:57 PM
    I don't know about other Z10 users in the US that haven't downloaded a leaked 10.1, but I've had enough of seeing Skype available soon for Z10 on BlackBerry world. Just delete the f ing thing until it's officially available. It's bad for that may has passed and we don't have 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    Don't wait anymore, just download the leak, as everyday you wait on your carrier to catch up, you are missing out on the fixes and updates that everyone else has.

My brother in Florida on T-Mobile was having the same frustration, as he had been waiting for his 10.1 update forever so I walked him through the process of updating his Z10 over the phone to OS version 10.1.0.2354 and it worked perfectly fine for him.

Kris Simundson has 2 excellent threads on downloading and installing leaked versions which I have posted links to below. My friend who is not technical was able to update her Z10 just following those instructions below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...chibar-812685/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...thread-812620/

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    KermEd likes this.
    06-09-13 07:33 PM
    I'm sorry, this maybe a dumb question but can't folks in the states just update to a leak OS until such a time the US carriers provide an official update? Wouldn't that solve like 90% of everyone who posts these lame threads, problems?

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    + 1 hundred thousand million
    06-26-13 06:49 AM
    Nice response.

SMH

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rticle-820641/

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage
    scorepion likes this.
    06-26-13 08:07 AM
73 123