05-03-13 06:15 PM
40 12
tools
    Hey "smart guys and gals", we get it, you're smart but could you do us all a favour, especially the less bright ones like myself?
    If you get an app working that really isn't official yet and you aren't going to share, please title the thread properly or skip posting it it all together.
    Causes a lot of chaos and bad feelings on the forum and really not fair.
    We GET how smart YOU ARE! No need to rub it in our faces.
    It';s like a bunch of three year olds watching one kid ride his shiny new tricycle he won't let anyone else have a turn on.
    This is a place to share and if you don't want to do that, well, I stated my case above.
    Thanks and only MY opinion.
    04-24-13 11:12 PM
    We GET how smart YOU ARE! No need to rub it in our faces.
    It';s like a bunch of three year olds watching one kid ride his shiny new tricycle he won't let anyone else have a turn on.
    I know, so is throwing tantrums when you can't ride the said trike....
    deltadiva2, SDTRMG and croman like this.
    04-24-13 11:17 PM
    Yes, it may be equally bad on BOTH sides of the "unreleased app but still... I think I make a valid point to the OP of such a thread.
    And for those of you thinking we don't see how smart you are:

We noticed!
    04-24-13 11:24 PM
    OP is right to express dissatisfaction. It is very dispiriting for a Z10 owner to click on a thread that says "App A works on Z10" only to realise that it's a developer only version and it isn't available to anyone else.
    04-24-13 11:30 PM
    There are many many threads of speculation concerning skype. I know that you have read probably parts of lots of them. In those threads there is tons of speculation, tons of people saying that it will never come, people wondering how the hub integration will work if there is any, people wondering whether or not it will work without being open, and many other things.

1. It gets released on Q10 and Dev Alpha C
    2. Immediately people start asking about the bar file and whether it will work for the Z10
    3. Developer (who is restrained by a NDA) tries it and gets it work
    4. He reports this finding to people on major fan website
    5. People say that he is bluffing
    6. He originally says he will post screen shot
    7. He instead takes several hours out of his day to live stream it, takes questions and suggestions and puts Skype through its paces to satisfy many peoples questions and concerns.

Sorry, I don't have a problem with that. He did everyone a favor and spent a lot of time trying to help people.
    04-24-13 11:32 PM
    OP is right to express dissatisfaction. It is very dispiriting for a Z10 owner to click on a thread that says "App A works on Z10" only to realise that it's a developer only version and it isn't available to anyone else.
    as soon as I saw the thread I knew exactly what it meant, he took the dev alpha c and got it to work on his Z10... and all one had to do was read his post and you found that out. You had what? 5 seconds of anticipation down the drain? This after 2 stories on Crackberry today about skype being available for the Q10. Peoples first thoughts on reading those stories were, Does it work on Z10???
    04-24-13 11:35 PM
    He did everyone a favor and spent a lot of time trying to help people.
    04-24-13 11:39 PM
    There are many many threads of speculation concerning skype. I know that you have read probably parts of lots of them. In those threads there is tons of speculation, tons of people saying that it will never come, people wondering how the hub integration will work if there is any, people wondering whether or not it will work without being open, and many other things.

1. It gets released on Q10 and Dev Alpha C
    2. Immediately people start asking about the bar file and whether it will work for the Z10
    3. Developer (who is restrained by a NDA) tries it and gets it work
    4. He reports this finding to people on major fan website
    5. People say that he is bluffing
    6. He originally says he will post screen shot
    7. He instead takes several hours out of his day to live stream it, takes questions and suggestions and puts Skype through its paces to satisfy many peoples questions and concerns.

Sorry, I don't have a problem with that. He did everyone a favor and spent a lot of time trying to help people.
    The problem with point 3 is that by showing it off in video or even simply talking about it is violating the terms of the NDA. What's the point of having a NDA if you're just going to post about it everywhere and show it off on video? It's a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which means you can't disclose anything about it. If you remember back to when BB10 and the Z10 launched, CrackBerry knew all about it a week before but couldn't mention anything because of their NDA. They didn't show off videos about it. That's what the problem with people claiming to hide behind a NDA with Skype is about.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:45 AM
    I'm behind you on this, I'm not the best at these things but I'm not the worst either. The personal attacks in the Crackberry community are getting to be too much. You can't even try to have an open discussion without being called names or being ridiculed, if anyone even bothers to read your thread. I like coming to the forums to see what everyone else is doing with their devices and to see more up to date news on certain topics, but with everyone throwing insults, not reading threads and then posting the same thing over and over and over again it makes it difficult to try and find the information that might really help you. I am almost to the point that I don't want to visit the forums.
    04-25-13 12:49 PM
    Completely agree. It is a community forum for sharing. If you want to flaunt what you have but won't share it, take it somewhere else. Go start your own blog and post it there. This of course excludes pay-for copyrighted work, but anything that is free, there is no reason to withhold it at all.
    revtech and RazzBerry like this.
    04-25-13 12:53 PM
    Completely agree. It is a community forum for sharing. If you want to flaunt what you have but won't share it, take it somewhere else. Go start your own blog and post it there. This of course excludes pay-for copyrighted work, but anything that is free, there is no reason to withhold it at all.
    Only problem with all this is: Said dev never acted as if he was bragging. People got mad when he said he couldn't release the bar so he wouldn't get in trouble with BlackBerry. And you know what? I'd take the same instance if I had an app in BlackBerry World that was not built using that lame App Generator.
    04-26-13 12:25 AM
    Only problem with all this is: Said dev never acted as if he was bragging. People got mad when he said he couldn't release the bar so he wouldn't get in trouble with BlackBerry. And you know what? I'd take the same instance if I had an app in BlackBerry World that was not built using that lame App Generator.
    I never said the OP bragged.
    And in his thread he adds this note:
    Note: No BlackBerry Employee leaked or installed this on my device. I achieved this by my self. BLACKBERRY DID NOT HELP ME
    So since we all already knew Skype would be available on the Q10 and he posted this for the Z10, what do you think the reason for the post was? I don't see other "dev's" posting everything they have added on their phones. Especially the hacks. They just quietly enjoy it or share the achievement with their other "dev" friends.

Look, any body here can really post what ever they like. I'm not a mod and I don't tell others what they can and can't do.
    The point of my thread is to suggest that adding feelings of "I have something you don't, and I'm not gonna share" is childish and does nothing to promote a good feeling here on the forums and I see the forums have enough nasty attitudes flying around and this type of posting does not help that to improve and I would like to see CB improve, not become a place people dread coming to OR stop coming too altogether.
    Believe it or not there are other BlackBerry forums around and the users there do not condemn the posters.
    My mother raised me that if you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you shouldn't say anything and I try to practice that as much as possible. But that is not what I see here on the forums and do remember, I am a long time member who saw the forum when it was the BEST place to come to and people were not so aggressive towards posters.
    So I am only suggesting the following thought process that I myself try to practice and it is this:
    Before you speak T.H.I.N.K. if what you are about to speak is........
    True
    Helpful
    Inspiring
    Necessary
    Kind

Again, just my opinion. No one has to agree with me and I do not want the Skype files or I would have asked.

I am editing this thread to include a link to this thread. Read how this poster starts off their question if you don't believe that posters are feeling the hostility here these days:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-album-800193/
    jordan559 likes this.
    04-26-13 06:47 AM
    He wasn't under NDA. Said so himself.
    Besides, pk closed that thread.

This discussion is considered crackberry closed.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-26-13 06:57 AM
    He wasn't under NDA. Said so himself.
    Besides, pk closed that thread.

This discussion is considered crackberry closed.
    I am only replying to posters of THIS thread and I never stated what post I was talking about, I was actually talking in very general terms, but one of the posters here took it to a specific post so I have addressed that.
    Thanks for the support jesse_h BTW.
    04-26-13 07:07 AM
    Lol
    That wasn't my intention but it's way better!!!!
    Good one young padawan!! (I get to call you that bc I have been a member three months longer!! Lol)
    Actually I was a member since 2007 but hey banned me on that account! LOL! Don't ask.
    I am a much kinder, gentler version now of what I used to be
    And you may call me what ever you wish as I am positive I have been called worse by those that knew me less stabstabdie! LMAO!
    stabstabdie likes this.
    04-26-13 11:42 AM
    Actually I was a member since 2007 but hey banned me on that account! LOL! Don't ask.
    I am a much kinder, gentler version now of what I used to be
    And you may call me what ever you wish as I am positive I have been called worse by those that knew me less stabstabdie! LMAO!
    Loooool
    You can't be a member here and not get at least an infraction! If so you aren't trying hard enough.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-26-13 11:50 AM
    I'm not sure how much longer this thread can stay open, BUT we'll try. We really DO like to let you guys have freedom of speech and all, BUT........

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    djmm2, RazzBerry, pels_17 and 1 others like this.
    04-26-13 12:00 PM
    This is a reminder that members MUST follow the rules and guidelines of CrackBerry.com, located here: http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html

As you can see we've done a bit of a cleanup here, please keep it civil. Thanks.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-26-13 12:00 PM
    Loooool
    You can't be a member here and not get at least an infraction! If so you aren't trying hard enough.

I must say this comment had me ROFL! BTW since my Flyers got eliminated I jumped on the Leaf bandwagon this year.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-26-13 12:01 PM
    I must say this comment had me ROFL! BTW since my Flyers got eliminated I jumped on the Leaf bandwagon this year.
    Infractions? Infractions?? What are those?? I have never had one of them... and never been banned LMAO RIGHT....

So PK, cheering for my Leafs are ya? I love my Leafs and I hope they do well, but you may want to cheer for another team this year at least... lol

@Pinc some of us are privileged to know people or be a part of beta testing for certain apps and devices before they are out. I watched the Skype thread, and didn't see the webcast, but I believe that was more of a show of "Look at me, I've got what you can't have" and to me, that is not cool. There are things I have seen and been able to test out on my PlayBook and Z10, but I don't say anything because well I respect my sources enough not to leak certain things that aren't available. And I understand and appreciate your frustration.
    RazzBerry and pkcable like this.
    04-26-13 12:21 PM
    Life isn't fair.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:34 PM

I

So PK, cheering for my Leafs are ya? I love my Leafs and I hope they do well, but you may want to cheer for another team this year at least... lol
    Go Leafs Go!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:18 PM
    Lol sorry to hear that! JK
    You see how much tix are going for on stub hub??? Insane!
    04-26-13 02:11 PM
    PINC, he said that not to compromise people. Not too hard to figure out if you think about it.

He probably regrets this whole thing, really.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:21 PM
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful.

What I would add to this is that if you are on the "inexperienced" side, then at least have the decency and common sense to READ the OP's post or thread and not ask questions that were already either answered by the OP or at least in the first several responses. Being in tech support myself, I find this the most infuriating aspect of supporting users where I have to "re-answer" a question completely and clearly in an original post or email. It gets absolutely ridiculous when asked again and again and then be flamed for suggesting they the RTFM.

When I first started on Crackberry I did a lot of reading long *before* I submitted my first post. I always read the thread through if it is something I am interested in and have questions/obervations or search before asking my question. I always assume that my question or situation is not unique to me especially considering how active CB is otherwise my post count would be a *lot* higher.
    04-26-13 02:42 PM
40 12