02-09-14 10:21 AM
33 12
tools
    Still no joy with this. Did a factory reset of the Z10, and restore, still not working.

Now factory wiping Playbook and Z10.

I guess this must be why people gravitate towards ios, because when something works it doesn't just inexplicably stop working. Guess I've got lazy with life so easy. Not tried updating my GTab, or my partners old Android phone (which I'd previously rooted).

Some times sleep is good.... guess I'll be up half the night trying to get to the bottom of how video chat can remove itself.
    01-16-14 06:09 PM
    Still no joy with this. Did a factory reset of the Z10, and restore, still not working.

Now factory wiping Playbook and Z10.

I guess this must be why people gravitate towards ios, because when something works it doesn't just inexplicably stop working. Guess I've got lazy with life so easy. Not tried updating my GTab, or my partners old Android phone (which I'd previously rooted).

Some times sleep is good.... guess I'll be up half the night trying to get to the bottom of how video chat can remove itself.
    Please keep us; specifically me posted. I want to use my playbook like you have.

Cheers,

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 06:13 PM
    I tell you it was great when it worked.... which was for all of one evening, then by the next day it was broke.

Fingers crossed this complete wipe sorts out whatever latent bug was nuzzling into the OS.
    01-16-14 06:17 PM
    Well it doesn't work. Factory wipe of both devices and set up video chat from PB, Z10 will receive it. But there is no way to add PB to BBM Video group, it was there before, but it just won't go in now.

If you go into the Hub and check the PB call log on the Z10 you can video chat back from there, but there is no way to save that as a contact.

Maybe its a flaw in 10.2.1, I've a feeling it worked in 10.2 and it might have been following the upgrade to 10.2.1 that broke it.

Never mind, time to restore 45gig of data to my sons PB and 10gb to my Z10 (and the joy of re-loading all those android apps, which BB Link doesn't appear to back up). hurrah!
    01-16-14 07:19 PM
    Well it doesn't work. Factory wipe of both devices and set up video chat from PB, Z10 will receive it. But there is no way to add PB to BBM Video group, it was there before, but it just won't go in now.

If you go into the Hub and check the PB call log on the Z10 you can video chat back from there, but there is no way to save that as a contact.

Maybe its a flaw in 10.2.1, I've a feeling it worked in 10.2 and it might have been following the upgrade to 10.2.1 that broke it.

Never mind, time to restore 45gig of data to my sons PB and 10gb to my Z10 (and the joy of re-loading all those android apps, which BB Link doesn't appear to back up). hurrah!
    Contacts used to automatically recognize a contact with a PlayBook based on the email, but that seems to be gone now. Typing in the pin doesn't allow it to recognize it as a playbook either.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:30 AM
    Doubt we'll ever see a fix, now that the PB is no longer a supported device. Shame!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:54 AM
    Yeah, I can get the video chat to work from PB - Z10, but not the other way for some unknown reason. Very strange.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:34 PM
    I can't get any Playbook users to show up under BBM Video Chat either. I am using 10.2.1. My Q10 can receive calls from a Playbook and it can return the call from the hub entry notification that the original call creates. However, not a single contact shows up under BBM Video Chat even though a few BB IDs and Playbook PINs are in my contacts. Any ideas?
    02-09-14 10:21 AM
33 12