Is anyone else pretty much finding their playbooks to be nearly useless after getting their z10? I'm finding my z10 does absolutely everything better and faster from browsing the net to loading things to streaming movies through orb off of my computer. I believe the specs in the phone are a bit faster (?) than the playbooks but I sure hope Os10 will run well on the playbook and it runs similar to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:19 AM
    In a head to head showdown I'm sure that if you slammed the playbook down on the Z10 it would win the duel due to sheer mass.

Sadly it was the only fight on the card so it's not going to make it to pay-per-view. [BOX][/BOX]

-Chris-
    02-27-13 10:27 AM
    to a degree but I still prefer the physical real estate of the PB's screen. I bought my PB for use while on motorcycle tours, as I find phone formats just that little too small for long term use.

Of course now having the PB so easily connected via the Z10 is a bonus I have one of those battery bank things from ebay, which has a cable built in so it can charge either device so very useful when on the move to give a boost charge as it's only about the size of a packet of cigarettes (and much more useful)

Really looking forward to the PB having BB10.
    02-27-13 10:27 AM
    Don't have a Z10 but when I do I can't see devaluation of the pb larger screen for my older eyes. I'll always want a phone that isn't too big to carry around in a pocket and a tab that is at least 7" but no more than 9" for the screen.
    02-27-13 10:38 AM
    The PlayBook was a real handy accessory to my 9790 but now that I have a Z10, I leave the PlayBook at home.
    02-27-13 10:41 AM
    Honestly with my 9900 I lived by my PlayBook the phone was just a connection for the PlayBook I honestly did EVERYTHING on the PlayBook when I was paired with the 9900.

On the Z10 I still bring my PlayBook along just because I'm so used to out of habit but I rarely do find myself using it when I'm working on the road or even during commercial breaks when home watching to. I just find after using the Z10's browser I can't go back to the PlayBook browser which is was one of my main uses.

I really hope that the bridge functionalities are restored because these were my staples for business use.

In all honesty if my PlayBook had the z10 browser built into it I think I'd use my Z10 much less I just love my PlayBook it just works or worked lol really well for my needs

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:14 AM
    Not a surprise at all.
    02-27-13 11:25 AM
    Yeah, the playbook was real exciting... When I had my 9900.
    Priced it at $150-200 at Futureshop/BestBuy during christmas season last year almost felt like stealing!

After picking up the new iPod touch / Z10 combo, the playbook pretty much collected dust for me.
    I'm sure with OS10 arriving soon with apps like Skype, a bit of added functionality will come back to the device.

For now... It was a great way to get my technologically challenged parents into the digital world. They're even more savvy than me these days!
    02-27-13 11:30 AM
    I rarely use my Playbook only because the Web is so good on the Z10. It's faster too.

Still play games on it and watch YouTube with the larger screen. That's about it. Kids play on it all the time so it does get used. Just not as exciting as it used to be and it seems a bit slow now.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:34 AM
    PlayBook who? Since getting the Z10, I have noticed I have not reached for my playbook as much, one of the factors being that now that the bridge has been nerfed, no BBM, so that sucks.
    02-27-13 12:30 PM
    Pretty much don't use the PlayBook anymore haha

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:33 PM
    I have a nice home for all of your unused and unwanted PlayBooks.
    02-27-13 12:50 PM
    I have a nice home for all of your unused and unwanted PlayBooks.
    So do i I still use mine, but not as much as I used to. Plus I used to take the bus to work and read and browse on my PlayBook, but I bought a car 2 weeks ago, and so that has stopped.
    02-27-13 12:52 PM
    I have literally not touched my PlayBook since owning the Z10.
    07-02-13 01:47 AM
    I still use my PlayBook daily.
    It's a great platform and I like the size. It's bigger but just as portable.

My Z10 and PlayBook are my constant companions.

Proudly posted via my Z10
    07-02-13 02:48 AM