On my Z10, when I look at my contacts, I have some that display the "Playbook Video Chat" option and some don't. Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. For all my contacts that have a Playbook but don't have a BlackBerry, the option is listed.

2. For my contacts that have a Playbook & a BlackBerry, some have this option, some don't. For those that don't, I only have the option of BBM and BBM Voice. The Playbook Video Chat option is missing. On their Playbook, they can call me and I can do video chat with them on my phone, but I cannot initiate the Playbook Video Chat with them from my phone.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, how do I get all my contacts (who have a Playbook) to have this option show up for me?
    03-04-13 08:18 PM
    I'm having the same issue and it's killing me as my two contacts that aren't displaying the "playbook video chat" tab, are the two most important contacts I want for this option of the Z10.

I've tried everything, from deleting and readding there bbid emails to the contact, had them check there playbook to make sure blackberry i.d is correct. I can't find any resources that can advise why some contacts on my Z10 that have playbooks won't show the "playbook video chat" tab in there contact profile.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.
    03-08-13 06:06 AM
    Somebody must have a fix for this issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:36 AM
    Why has there been no posts to this tread with information on how to correct this issue that's driving me crazy?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:45 PM
    Have either of you contacted BB support? That's what I would do
    03-10-13 09:47 PM
    Try putting their PlayBook PIN into the PlayBook videos chat field of the contact. I did this on my Playbook so I could video call a Z10, putting the Z10 PIN into the PlayBook videos chat field. If the Z10 has a video chat field in the contact's file, try putting their PlayBook PIN in that field.

The problem is probably from having the same BBID on both their Z10 and their PlayBook.
    03-10-13 09:54 PM
    SlcCorrado, I can never figure out how to contact BB Support. All I ever see on the website when I go to support is various forums and chats to try and figure out your problem. Please advise.

robsteve, there is no "playbook video chat" field on the Z10 contact list unless when you enter the persons email address and it recognizes it as a BBID for there Playbook, then the "playbook video chat" field appears. The problem is, it doesn't appear for every contact that you know has a Playbook and that you know you have correctly entered there BBID as there email address in there contact field. Our issue is, why are some contacts we have entered onto the Z10 contacts who have Playbooks not showing the "playbook video chat" field like other contacts are?

thanks.
    03-10-13 10:56 PM
    I now have 4 contacts on my new Z10 that I know have Playbooks, and I know I have entered there BBID emails correctly, and the "playbook video chat" field refuses to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recall entering a new contacts email address only, which I new was his BBID for his Playbook, hitting SAVE, and a few seconds later, the "playbook video chat" field appeared. Why is this not happening for all the contacts who you know have playbooks and that you know you have entered there BBID email addresses correctly?????????? That's my issue.
    03-10-13 11:06 PM
    I had the misfortune of screwing things up when I was trying to organize my contacts to delete duplicates. Had to wipe the phone and restore from a backup (hoping to get contacts back but not successful). When I manually added a contact, who has no BlackBerry, but does have a Playbook..the "Playbook Video Chat" showed up under their contact info.

Don't ask me how it happened, as all I did was put their email address in for the contact info. The original problem I was having is still there. Both myself and pc2717 are experiencing this and I'm sure many others are as well.
    03-11-13 06:21 PM
    Is it related to some contacts also having a Z10? I don't have a PlayBook or Z10 in front of me, but I know when my wife got a Z10, things might have changed, like not being able to PlayBook video chat to her PlayBook.
    03-13-13 02:23 PM
    Nope, not related. I have 2 contacts that don't have a Z10. For one of them, the option for "Playbook Video Chat" shows up. For the other, it doesn't.
    03-13-13 05:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Most of my contacts that have playbooks have shown up correctly when my address list was imported but there is one that my Z10 just won't' recognize and automatically switch him over to Playbook Video Chat. He shows up on my Playbook as being available but not in his contact information on my Z10. I've tried deleting, adding him independently nothing works. It is very frustrating.
    Also I have people showing up in my BBM Video contact list that do not have a PB or a Z10 just regular BB's. Is that because they have BBM Voice? That doesn't make sense - they should just be listed under BBM.
    03-13-13 05:09 PM
    I just can't believe that no one can suggest a fix to this issue
    Some contacts that have Playbooks are saved and the "PlayBook Video Chat" option shows up automatically, and then the next one you add, doesn't. I've tried everything and no results to correct the issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:55 PM
    What worked for me, is that I added a new field in the contact info (pin) and added the PlayBook pin.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:54 PM
    This is crazy I know, buy I just added a contacts Facebook email address (I guess we all get one from Facebook. Look under "About" on their page) to their contact card, and bang, the PlayBook Video Chat option appeared. This is obviously not my contacts bbid email, but it worked. Crazy I know.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:06 PM
    Same issue here...I also reorganized my contacts lately and contacts that once had the PlayBook chat icon are now gone. I tried adding the PlayBook pin in a new field (BlackBerry PIN), but all that did was create a "invite to BBM" icon. I'm at a loss on this one. Anyone have an update?
    06-17-13 01:50 PM