A couple of tips from using this feature for one whole day! I also observed how it was used by my spouse.

1) use a photo with dark or mid tones. Lining up white numbers on a white background is hard!

2) use a photo with lots of detail- so the target location is not obvious. I created my own photo collage filled with objects and details.

3) carefully line up a feature of the number with a feature in the photo. It requires pretty precise alignment to unlock, i.e. top of the seven, left edge of zero etc.

4) don't use your figure to select your number - this obscures your ability to line up with target area and it is easy to observe your number.

5) don't move your figure over the target- select another number and position your selected number over the target - it is very easy to watch someone select a 1 and place it on their puppy dogs nose- if you are trying to peak under your finger to align the number and target.

6) tip for the paranoid- select the same number to move the screen(not the number for the password) - this will spoof the observer into believing that is your key number!

7) Tip for the forgetful- if you don't line it up- it reverts back to your regularly entered screen lock password.

Try it - its a cool fun feature!

Posted via CB10
    KDB84, FF22, pvphooman and 1 others like this.
    01-30-14 10:11 AM
    a great post.agreed that 4) and 5) are quite important.
    01-30-14 10:14 AM
    Is there anyway to disable the Emergency Call? I accidentally hit it once and tried to hang up. The police show up at my door a bit later asking if everyone was OK.
    01-30-14 10:34 AM
    LOL. Tell the cops things are not OK. You are having a hell of a time working picture password.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    Noremacam likes this.
    01-30-14 01:17 PM
    LOL. Tell the cops things are not OK. You are having a hell of a time working picture password.

That's what 911 is for- and if they put too much mayonnaise on your sandwich!

Posted via CB10
    Noremacam likes this.
    01-30-14 01:55 PM
    Great tips, thank you As security is always a topic for Crackberry Nation, I'd like to see them in an article/blog entry on Crackberrys main page.

Ciao, Phil

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:22 PM

Bwahahaha

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-30-14 02:57 PM