As probably every previous bold and curve user, or any physical keyboard fan, I thought heavily about waiting for the q10 instead of picking up a z10 (on the day of release).

Some worries I had were my fingers are large and I could never use a touchscreen successfully. I always thought touchscreens were designed for toys and the physical keyboard was for power users.

Anyone that owned a 9900 or the 9930, we didn't buy the phone for the touch screen. We bought it for the fantastic keyboard. The touchscreen felt like more of a gimmick, though it was useful for menus and browsing on occasion. The screen was hard to reach one handed, having larger hands myself, I still found it inconvenient.

That was the deciding factor for me. BlackBerry 10 is designed for gestures and swiping, clicking and a full screen display. it's no doubt the Q10 won't be a let down, but one of the most pleasurable experiences about the Z10 is everything you do in blackberry 10 feels flawlessly designed for a full touch device.

I was iffy about getting it but after using it for a few weeks I can't imagine reaching over a keyboard to peek the hub, browse the Web, or even type. This is coming from a hard core fan of physical keyboards. The main reason I stuck with blackberry all these years.

Just remember, the Q10 isn't a bold, it has the keyboard but not the track pad. I know there's others out there that have the same reluctance I had when I was considering the Z, and I can understand many HAVE to have a Q. If you have the same feeling I did toward the Zed, all I can say is take the plunge because it won't disappoint.

Posted via CB10
    calkenneth likes this.
    02-26-13 01:04 PM
    I agree with ya.. I am really taking to this new keyboard fast. BlackBerry did a bang up job with it!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 01:10 PM
    I have to admit I'm pretty excited to hold a Q and give it a try, but by then I reckon I'll be biased toward the full touch.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 01:16 PM
    The main reason I went Z10 was it seems BB10 is designed for a all touch phone.

But now that Im used to the keyboard, I love it!
    02-26-13 01:21 PM
    I was reluctant as well I owned a torch and torch 2 mainly because of physical keyboard I didn't jump to the 9900 because I preferred the torches larger screen size. I didn't want to wait for the Q to drop so I held my breath and took the plunge with the Z10. After my first BBM chat my fears were gone! Keyboard works like a charm and is perfect for one handed typing on a crowed bus. I even amazed a rider once as he watched me have two different BBM conversations at once check email without skipping a beat. He told me as soon as his contract for his Iphone runs out he is switching lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 01:27 PM
    I think that's all it takes, pick someone's z10 or watch them use it then you have to own one.

When I type I leave it in portrait and let the auto correct do everything for me as I use 2 thumbs like every blackberry diehard. What I love is how much quicker I can do things including typing if I only have one hand available because of the word prediction.

Will never go back to physical keyboards as long as blackberry is making touchscreen phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 01:56 PM