Whenever I try to upload photos on the Facebook app, the photo shows up as a blank thumbnail image in the update status box or the photo upload box, and when I click on "Post", the Facebook app closes and brings me back to the active frame. The photo doesn't get uploaded.

Strange enough when I go to pictures widget and share a photo to Facebook through the main pictures widget it works fine. But posting a photo directly from the Facebook app won't work at all.

Anyone have the same problem?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 11:06 AM
    havent tried uploading any pics
    02-12-13 11:12 AM
    Try going to your pics, not within your fb app, and choose share on the pic you want. I did this the other day and it was instantaneous.
    02-12-13 11:13 AM
    Try going to your pics, not within your fb app, and choose share on the pic you want. I did this the other day and it was instantaneous.
    Yes u tried that and it works but I would like to upload directly from Facebook app so I can add location and tag people at the same time.

02-12-13 11:32 AM
    Yes u tried that and it works but I would like to upload directly from Facebook app so I can add location and tag people at the same time.

Sorry I meant yes I tried that...

02-12-13 11:33 AM
    Bump

02-12-13 04:29 PM
    I just tried taking a photo from within the FB app and it uploaded with no problems. Same with a photo on the phone uploaded from within the app.
    02-12-13 06:15 PM
    Works fine for me too.
    Uninstall and reinstall the app?
    02-12-13 06:34 PM
    I have the exact same problem, still not resolved after OS upgrade! So annoying as uploading a photo with a check-in would be useful.
    03-01-13 09:32 AM
    Same problem here

Got error: connection to Facebook lost. Try again

I tried it several times and days. No luck
    Same issue appears every try on uploading any kind of pictures

Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:33 PM
    when we upload photos, I can't seem to choose which current PHOTO ALBUMS i would like them in - it defaults to MOBILE UPLOADS album. Is there a way to select which album we want those photos to be posted from?
    03-15-13 03:10 AM
    I experienced problem uploading the photo through Facebook app and I was unable to select the album. What I did is using browser to go to Facebook, and view my profile then go to Photo, once I clicked Photo , it let me upload one photo to a specific album. NOTE..one photo a time..imagine I would like to post 10 photos, I only tried 4 photos I was all sick of going back and forth to find that uploading link. Was this offered by BB Z10, a fancy smart phone it seems? Or..it was just me who couldn't catch up with the technology...make it easy like my BB bold please...
    04-14-13 06:26 PM
    Only issue I've had with Facebook photos is that I can't pick which album the photos land in. They just go to Mobile Uploads and I have to move them around later from a desktop. On my two previous BlackBerrys I was able to choose within the app and in the Send from the pictures folder. My guess is this is app development more than OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:35 PM
    Tried both ways,still fail.
    08-21-13 08:30 PM
    @ meforgetful

I have the same issue currently, I am unable to post photos via the following methods using the Facebook app:
    (But please note that it worked before without any issues)
    1. From my timeline/profile
    2. From News Feed
    3. From the BB Q10 Hub

I can post a photo to FB by going to the photo folder/gallery > selecting a photo > share > FB

Things done recently PRIOR to the issue:
    1. Updated to Facebook v10.2.1.13 and worked perfectly up until last Wednesday, August 21st

Things done AFTER experiencing the issue:
    1. Uninstalled and reinstalled FB from BBW
    2. Removed the FB Account from the HUB and readded the account back to FB

Now I am still stuck with this. My assumption is that this is an FB app issue, since I can upload photos via the phone photo gallery to Facebook.

Please help, TIA!

Phone details:
    Model: BB Q10
    Model Number: SQN100-3
    Software Release: 10.1.0.238
    Last edited by DecemberOne; 08-22-13 at 11:34 PM.
    08-22-13 11:18 PM
    I am having exact same issue and it is a recent issue (not sure when exactly but first noticed it yesterday when attaching photo to a status update in FB App and the status update posted without the picture). Using FB APP version 10.2.1.13 released on Aug 6, 2013 on Q10, Verizon, 10.1.0.2011
    08-23-13 08:20 AM
    Hi all,

For some reason, the issue I was experiencing got resolved on its own. I don't know what did the trick, I didn't do anything since I posted.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:51 PM
    Just tested it too, seems to be working again. Assume it was issue on FB side and they fixed it.
    08-26-13 07:16 PM
    Kudos to them! Great!

Posted from my BB Q10
    08-26-13 08:25 PM
    Only issue I've had with Facebook photos is that I can't pick which album the photos land in. They just go to Mobile Uploads and I have to move them around later from a desktop. On my two previous BlackBerrys I was able to choose within the app and in the Send from the pictures folder. My guess is this is app development more than OS issue.

Posted via CB10
    You can upload load pictures to a specific album but you need to do it from the facebook app
    Once in facebook
    Click top left 3 horizontal lines
    Click Photos
    Click Albums
    It will list all your albums
    Choose the album you want to send pictures too
    Top right choose Add

Choose from gallery
    You can add captions and tag people in each picture

You can also choose more pictures to upload to that album

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    08-26-13 08:45 PM