Hi all,

I took a photo on my z10 the other day and sent it to my friend through bbm (who also has a z10) and she told me it was really bad quality and pixelated. I tried again and it still didn't work. So I asked her to send me a picture taken from her z10, and when I got it, the picture she had taken was bad quality and pixelated as well. (we've tried it with different pictures, all taken from z10, and even pictures taken from my DSLR)
    After this, I decided to send the pictures to my brother who has a 9900, and he said that they were all pixelated as well.

I realize that BBM reduces the size of photos, which totally makes sense, but is there anyway to stop this from happening? When I was using my 9900, and even my 9000, the quality of my photos were still pretty well kept, even the ones taken with my DSLR. To be honest I think its kind of dumb that the quality of photos are begin reduced so much that my friend could barely make out some words in the photo that I took with my z10. Whats the point of sending a photo if its such bad quality?

I hope there is a way to fix this without having to send it via email or something.

Thanks for everyone's help/advice in advance!
    -Fourster
    03-11-13 12:49 PM
    This was done on purpose and helps conserve data. I believe if you hold down on the image, the menu on the right should pop open and there will be an option saying something like "request high quality", and then the file is resent at actual size.
    03-11-13 12:51 PM
    Wow I feel like an *****. I've been using blackberries for so long and they've always had that "request high quality" option. I don't know why I didn't think of that with the z10. Thanks a lot!!!
    03-11-13 12:53 PM
    Hey, it happens. Took me a bit to get familiar with where they moved everything on the Z10. Glad that helped.
    03-11-13 01:05 PM
    I see you had your issue sorted out. But I don't know why your photo would have arrived all blurry and pixelated.

I took a photo of a paused image on my hdtv. It was very clear on Z10 at about 1.2 mb. I sent it via bbm and it arrived at the recipient's phone at about 50 kb, quite clear and small text in the image was easily legible. I just checked with the recipient and he requested the high res image via bbm. I accepted the request and to be truthful, you really can't see the difference between the compressed vs the uncompressed versions of the same image.

Of course I know there would be a big difference if I zoomed in or even tried to print. But in most cases, bbm pics get a quick glance and are usually not looked at again.

Since most people are not on unlimited data plans, this is a great feature of bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 02:09 PM