2 & 4

now those who defended the 9900 know why those of us with good cameras called the 9900 camera trash

I do wonder why the comparison the cb team posted showed such bad pics

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Ya, 2 and 4 look a lot sharper detail wise, and warmer.
    02-05-13 08:34 AM
    Spot on, 2 and 4 are indeed the Z10. I agree too that the images are much cleaner.
    Goes to show that in certain conditions there is very little in it. Without scrutinising the image most would accept both of those pictures as 'pretty'

The 9900 camera was indeed not all that at all, but still had its moments, and created some great images and moments for me. Cant help but miss the simplicity of the side convenience key, then hitting it again to fire off a shot. Not that the Z10 is a slouch even from lock screen. I actually like the way it unlocks into camera

This is what the above image of the church looks like taken on a 9900. Taken last year.
    And also a sky image for qbnkelt

Photo tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000098.jpgPhoto tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-church.jpg
    02-05-13 09:14 AM
    People who have Z10

Take pictures!!! Publish IN HERE!!
    02-05-13 09:38 AM
    Spot on, 2 and 4 are indeed the Z10. I agree too that the images are much cleaner.
    Goes to show that in certain conditions there is very little in it. Without scrutinising the image most would accept both of those pictures as 'pretty'

The 9900 camera was indeed not all that at all, but still had its moments, and created some great images and moments for me. Cant help but miss the simplicity of the side convenience key, then hitting it again to fire off a shot. Not that the Z10 is a slouch even from lock screen. I actually like the way it unlocks into camera

This is what the above image of the church looks like taken on a 9900. Taken last year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000098.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	134111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	church.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	134112
    So from what I have seen so far, the outdoor shots with the Z10 look quite good (to me). Comparable to what I see from most current phones. The indoor shots aren't quite as good to my eyes. But, not a HUGE difference.
    02-05-13 09:51 AM
    I really appreciate this thread. Camera quality was causing me to hesitate about getting the Z10 (when it finally gets here), but I'm satisfied by what I'm seeing here. I don't have to have the absolute best phone camera in the market, but I want a good one. I had fewer complaints about the 9900 camera than many, after I got the hang of using it properly, but the Z10 camera is clearly superior.
    02-05-13 10:06 AM
    I take shots mostly when I'm on the go anyway, and I think the outside shots are wonderful. As much as people HATE to hear it, my opinion is that it's a cell phone that can take pictures, not a camera that can make calls. Just sayin.
    Snazy and coldsword like this.
    02-05-13 10:14 AM
    So from what I have seen so far, the outdoor shots with the Z10 look quite good (to me). Comparable to what I see from most current phones. The indoor shots aren't quite as good to my eyes. But, not a HUGE difference.
    Pretty much so.
    I would say the average shot that you would snap with a camera phone would be fine in most circumstances, few people expect a great quality low light shot from a mobile phone, or perfect action shots etc.
    The indoor shots again, I would say they come under the banner of 'acceptable'
    02-05-13 10:59 AM
    I really appreciate this thread. Camera quality was causing me to hesitate about getting the Z10 (when it finally gets here), but I'm satisfied by what I'm seeing here. I don't have to have the absolute best phone camera in the market, but I want a good one. I had fewer complaints about the 9900 camera than many, after I got the hang of using it properly, but the Z10 camera is clearly superior.
    I have to say, for anyone who uses a camera phone regularly for twitter, facebook , flickr etc, the quality of the pics for sharing is fine. If you are more into using a DSLR, which I am font of using, then you may be a little more critical about it.
    Coming from a 9700 to a 9900 I was shocked at how back the camera actually was on the 9900. So this is a huge leap in the right direction.
    Im sure there are improvements to be made, but quite simply, YES, the Z10 is far superior to the 9900
    02-05-13 11:01 AM
    I take shots mostly when I'm on the go anyway, and I think the outside shots are wonderful. As much as people HATE to hear it, my opinion is that it's a cell phone that can take pictures, not a camera that can make calls. Just sayin.
    Could not agree more. And based on that, the Z10 is a cell phone that can take brilliant pictures, especially on the fly.
    Casual snappers will not be disappointed, and of they are, then maybe they are just too picky, or have a faulty device. I know one that has been returned already with a faulty camera.
    MizMiMi02 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:03 AM
    It depends on peoples needs though. I take a lot of photos for work. Having a decent camera in my phone is super convenient. I have been an iPhone user for the last few years, and I basically would like to not sacrifice much photo quality wise switching phones. It's all a personal thing. From these samples though, I think I would be content. One person's needs aren't anothers. But for the people who are concerned about the camera, this thread has been great.
    02-05-13 11:09 AM
    People who have Z10

A quick macro shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Photo tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000160.jpg  
    Snazy, PatricPoulin and ubizmo like this.
    02-05-13 11:11 AM
    People who have Z10

Took this from inside the car the other day.
    Attached Thumbnails Photo tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000057.jpg  
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-05-13 11:14 AM
    A quick macro shot.
    Loving that!
    02-05-13 11:17 AM
    The macro shot inspired me to have a play about. Quite impressed actually.

Photo tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-ninja.jpg
    02-05-13 11:29 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000098.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	134111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	church.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	134112
    Thank you....I love sky and cloud pictures....

I took one on my iPhone one day driving through the Shenandoah Valley and it just blew me away. Punched it up on Instagram and I've had my friends love it. And I LOVE your church.
    02-05-13 12:26 PM
    Thanks, I love the church too, great to take all season pictures of.
    It's an apartment complex now.

I love sky pics too. Always putting them on EyeEm.

I am however sold on the Z10 camera.
    Last edited by Snazy; 02-05-13 at 02:49 PM. Reason: love not live
    02-05-13 12:40 PM
    Thanks, I live the church too, great to take all season pictures of.
    It's an apartment complex now.

I love sky pics too. Always putting them on EyeEm.

I am however sold on the Z10 camera.
    I had very serious concerns when I saw the pics comparing it to the Nokia, the iPhone and the SGIII. But NOW.....because of this blind experiment, I can see that there are times I can't tell the difference. So I feel a lot better.

I really appreciate what you've done.

Snazy likes this.
    02-05-13 12:50 PM
    I have to say, for anyone who uses a camera phone regularly for twitter, facebook , flickr etc, the quality of the pics for sharing is fine. If you are more into using a DSLR, which I am font of using, then you may be a little more critical about it.
    Coming from a 9700 to a 9900 I was shocked at how back the camera actually was on the 9900. So this is a huge leap in the right direction.
    Im sure there are improvements to be made, but quite simply, YES, the Z10 is far superior to the 9900
    Exactly.
    I share loads of pics on Instagram and FB, so having a good camera on my phone is a big deal.
    Also have a point and shoot and I carry that in my bag but I can't share this pics instantly on any network.
    And I of course have my Nikon d80 with a few lenses.

02-05-13 12:56 PM
    It depends on peoples needs though. I take a lot of photos for work. Having a decent camera in my phone is super convenient. I have been an iPhone user for the last few years, and I basically would like to not sacrifice much photo quality wise switching phones. It's all a personal thing. From these samples though, I think I would be content. One person's needs aren't anothers. But for the people who are concerned about the camera, this thread has been great.
    As you said, it's "super convenient". I guess I was pointing more towards the "this is me, at the bar with all my friends, in the dark, with no flash, must document every moment" kind of people. Yes, having a camera is nice and convenient, but the pictures I'm seeing are more than adequate for the average joe/jane.
    02-05-13 01:34 PM
    I had very serious concerns when I saw the pics comparing it to the Nokia, the iPhone and the SGIII. But NOW.....because of this blind experiment, I can see that there are times I can't tell the difference. So I feel a lot better.

I think the thing is, reviews are going to put the devices through their paces. They have to think about as many usage scenarios as possible. The tests are generally "rough" on any camera phone and tend to be extreme cases to make sure they cover all their bases. Low light photos are a great example. Nobody is going to take a low light photo with a camera phone and expect to frame it. But if you're someone who frequents night clubs or bars and takes a lot of low-light shots, a better low-light quality camera will be more important to you.

Also, the reviews would be pretty boring if they just posted a bunch of nearly identical photos from different devices
    MizMiMi02 likes this.
    02-05-13 01:43 PM
    No problem, I have enjoyed doing the pictures. I would carry on with more examples but fear it might get a little boring after a while lol.
    I'm glad it has proven some use to people though.

I agree with the other comments that some do indeed require something that can be used in clubs etc, and have to say that the flash in the Z has so far seemed pretty capable, although I have had no need to use it for proper pictures yet. I shall experiment in the hall with the dogs shortly lol

It's no DSLR, but it's no slouch either.
    Real test for me will be when I get my Galaxy camera next month

02-05-13 02:32 PM
    OK some examples of the flash working. Excuse the state of the house lol
    3 shots, 3 settings.Photo tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000112.jpgPhoto tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000113.jpgPhoto tests between other phones  & Z10 in same conditions-img_00000114.jpg

Hallway with the dog as a subject
    Bedroom with some colours to pick out
    And back yard, to show flash with nothing to reflect off.

These are all Z10 shots, so no guessing needed. Thought it made sense just to show what the Z10 does in low or no light situations.
    Indoor shots show how well it copes when there are surfaces to bounce its light off. Outside shows the opposite.

Will do some comparison flash shots if anyone wants. If anyone is fussy I will go out in the rain and get the iPod out of the car to take some on.
    02-05-13 02:56 PM
    Great samples and great thread. Here's a sample comparison matrix I shot for the CrackBerry Z10 review and the giant 74 MB picture with everything full size and side-by-side.
    Last edited by Simon Sage; 02-05-13 at 05:19 PM.
    02-05-13 05:02 PM
    As you said, it's "super convenient". I guess I was pointing more towards the "this is me, at the bar with all my friends, in the dark, with no flash, must document every moment" kind of people. Yes, having a camera is nice and convenient, but the pictures I'm seeing are more than adequate for the average joe/jane.
    I would rather document good times with good friends or beautiful sunsets or beautiful children than to have them slip by.
    02-05-13 07:41 PM
    Great samples and great thread. Here's a sample comparison matrix I shot for the CrackBerry Z10 review and the giant 74 MB picture with everything full size and side-by-side.
    Simon, those were your pics? That pic of Adam was the one that really scared me about the Z10. I've got an SGIII and a 4S, and so those pics really made me feel that the Z10 wouldn't compare.

You made me lose sleep, man!!!!
    02-05-13 07:44 PM
281 ... 89101112