My second phone is starting to drop the network connection. The emergency call icon will appear and the network will drop. This occurs in great coverage areas as my other Z has 4 bars. Anyone have any ideas? I have reset, soft boots and battery pulls.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:31 PM
    Sim Card???
    Raul Mena likes this.
    06-04-13 08:34 PM
    I just replaced it with a new lte one. But it was doing it before that as well

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:53 PM
    I've been suffering with with the same problem on my Z10 (STL100-2 10.1.0.273) for some time now. The quickest way to restore service was to toggle flight-mode.

Orange UK have replaced SIM and phone to no avail.

I thought that this might be connected to times when I was or had been connected to WiFi and wondered if there might be some kind of VoIP conflict. I removed Skype, which I very rarely use despite all the hype and since then I've run for 48 hours without a recurrence.

Coincidence perhaps, and I'll report back when I have a chance to try Skype again...
    06-05-13 05:18 AM
    I have been having the same issue. Bloke in the orange/EE shop told me to turn data roaming on. This made no difference.

I went back and they have given me a new sim card so we'll see if it works tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:23 PM
    This used to only happen to me at the gym, when I placed my phone inside a metal locker, but recently it has been happening much more often (where the phone switches to 'Emergency Calls Only' mode and there is a red phone icon in the top right).

It seems to happen at random, even in areas where there is a strong signal.

Does anyone know why this is happening? My carrier is AT&T.
    07-16-13 10:44 AM
    This used to only happen to me at the gym, when I placed my phone inside a metal locker, but recently it has been happening much more often (where the phone switches to 'Emergency Calls Only' mode and there is a red phone icon in the top right).

It seems to happen at random, even in areas where there is a strong signal.

Does anyone know why this is happening? My carrier is AT&T.

Same with me and some carrier too

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:48 AM
    I also lose data services from time to time and have to turn airplane mode on and off to get back data service but yesterday when I tried doing that it didn't work and I called Bell and the customer service rep wanted my sim card number. It worked probably from the battery pull and I asked him why I lose data services no answer and then he said I would not lose service again but then later on the evening I lost it again. Not sure if it's the phone or Bell. After the last software this started to happen. It could be Bell wants me to give up my unlimited data by dropping my data services. I can't get LTE when I switch on using network technology from HSPA to LTE it says "emergency calls only" and "network not compatible your service may be limited."

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:04 PM
    ive been having similar issues which i have discussed in this thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...estart-802381/

It is a strange issue, but I believe it is down to software rather than hardware.

search through that thread, it may be able to help you
    07-16-13 12:18 PM
    Hey Jennyt88 im with bell and having the same issue, after 10 min i will get a signal but text and bbm msg wont go thru. I keep having to turn the radio on and off and it will work for a few minutes then back to the same issue. I just called bell they said they had no outages in toronto. Not sure if this is the phone or bell or what but today is the first day this has happened.
    07-16-13 12:30 PM
    Hi Seetheeye,

Do you have unlimited data with Bell?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:51 PM
    I have been having the same issue. Bloke in the orange/EE shop told me to turn data roaming on. This made no difference.

I went back and they have given me a new sim card so we'll see if it works tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Orange have bad signal all over the UK now.....switching previously good Orange masts off and using T.Mobile ones instead, dropping masts to convert to 4g. I left Orange last year cos of no signal when previously I have full bars, and now other friends and even family are report g the same. The Facebook Orange Helpers page is full of complaints. It likely not your phone....

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:58 PM
    nope only 2gb of data a month i have to keep turning my radio on and off so i can atleasy make a phone call
    07-16-13 02:31 PM
    Has this issue ever been sorted out? My Z10 purchased on Dec 27 started this tonight and nothing I do helps, battery pull, sim pull, airplane on/off, reboot etc. I called ATT and the tech indicated a couple of towers in my area are bad and she tried to get the phone to use a good tower but to no avail. She suggested getting a new sim which I'll do tomorrow but from reading here it appears some folks got new phones and new sims and it still happened. My old 9810 is working fine and is using 4g network sitting right next to my Z10.

Another thing that happened when this started was that I got a text from a friend. The text was on line. I got the text three times so I called the friend and asked if she was sitting on her phone. Phone was sitting on table next to her and then I got the same text 7 more times. I then checked my usage and found that I also received 20 texts from another friend last night and it was the same message over and over again. I sure hope a new SIM fixes this.

I'll be getting a new SIM first thing in the morning but if this new Z10 is going to be having these issues I may rethink my phone choice.
    Last edited by dgjackson40; 01-10-14 at 10:49 PM.
    01-10-14 08:46 PM
    Ok, so when I get to ATT at approximately 11 am this morning the phone had Emergency Only when I left my house. I turned off the phone and went to the ATT store. I booted up the phone when I got there and still had Emergency only. Then 20 minutes to wait on a technician. When I showed him the phone it no longer had emergency calls only and was connected LTE. He told me that the issue was with their towers and that they literally got the issue resolved 5 minutes ago! He assured me this was the first time this has happened in my city and that it would be a very rare occurance. Guess we will see. I showed him the duplicate texts and he showed me his!! He indicated this was caused with what ever was malfunctioning with the tower. He said he would make sure he put a note in my account about the duplicates and that I shouldn't incur any negative effects from them. I got a text about an hour ago from a friend. It is still duplicating the texts. I got the same message 10 times. We'll see how long it takes to fix that issue.
    01-11-14 09:31 PM
    Seems like this No Signal / Emergency calls only issues was never solved...?
    07-12-18 10:19 AM
    Seems like this No Signal / Emergency calls only issues was never solved...?
    I guess people have moved on as the last post on here was four and a half years ago?

Also bear in mind the OS has had a few updates in that time as well we're talking 10.1 here.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    07-13-18 10:19 AM