I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Occasionally, my phone will just stop receiving emails or communicating with the outside world. It's not obvious at all - it just stealthily goes silent. Data still works (I can go into BlackBerry World, browser etc) but sent messages aren't delivered...and emails stop coming in.

I don't even get the courtesy of a red X in my BBMs - they show as delivered. Responses don't arrive either.

This has happened before, and apparently happened at some point around 5:30 last evening. I only realized something was wrong when I awoke this morning and no emails were in my inbox. I simply restarted and the floodgates opened.

Any ideas? WiFi and LTE indicators appear normally. It's literally like my phone just goes for a rest.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    o4liberty likes this.
    04-04-13 07:46 AM
    I had this issue yesterday and the night before. I found it odd yesterday morning that I didn't get an email for my app purchase in BlackBerry World. A couple of hours later I restarted my phone and the flood gates were indeed open.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    04-04-13 08:04 AM
    Mine did that too yesterday. Rebooted it and it started working.

Tom

Posted using a BlackBerry Z10
    04-04-13 08:04 AM
    Same problem with my device as well, Hoping to read a solution here from of our helpful members

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:08 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Occasionally, my phone will just stop receiving emails or communicating with the outside world. It's not obvious at all - it just stealthily goes silent. Data still works (I can go into BlackBerry World, browser etc) but sent messages aren't delivered...and emails stop coming in.

I don't even get the courtesy of a red X in my BBMs - they show as delivered. Responses don't arrive either.

This has happened before, and apparently happened at some point around 5:30 last evening. I only realized something was wrong when I awoke this morning and no emails were in my inbox. I simply restarted and the floodgates opened.

Any ideas? WiFi and LTE indicators appear normally. It's literally like my phone just goes for a rest.

What carrier are you with?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:14 AM
    I had this as well yesterday. Reboot and all the emails appeared. I use Outlook with three accounts forward connected to it.
    And I have a Yahoo account on my phone.
    What could have been the cause of this? AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:15 AM
    This has also happened to me once. I am with Rogers in Canada. I happened after Rogers pushed the update on April 1st.
    04-04-13 08:28 AM
    I'm with Rogers. It's weird because I was happily using it last night with XRMT (the XBMC remote) , playing games and looking at Crackberry. I had no idea messaging had completely checked out for the night.

04-04-13 09:02 AM
    This has happened to me fairly often.
    What I find is, going into settings and turning on flight mode, then turning off flight mode, does the same job as a restart, only it's way quicker.
    Give it a try, might work for you'll too.
    It's a shame as you never know when it's happening, I just try doing it when I find I haven't got an email in some time, and usually it's because of this.
    04-04-13 09:03 AM
    That is pretty sad to be honest. I went and tested that last night and sent test emails from my PC and my PlayBook is synced to the same accounts and it received the emails without a hitch in a timely manner whereas the Z10 got nothing or delayed for over an hour. WTF?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:24 AM
    i am now having this problem too. Damn this phone is starting to SUCK!!!
    07-18-13 07:19 AM
    Happened to be yesterday, but only affected one account. My work stuff was fine. Not sure what's going on... restart fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:55 AM
    I never had issues before but noticed this one... not sure what is going on? i also used 500 mb of data doing nothing

Posted from my Z10
    07-18-13 07:59 AM
    I think box may have something to do with the issue. I'm still having problems today so removing the app... it's not supposed to use my data but it appears that it kept failing an upload via data 1mb each....

Posted from my Z10
    07-18-13 08:10 AM
    I have noticed this same thing with my SMS on a couple occasions now as well. I send a txt and the person doesn't get it until after I reboot. Very frustrating since u really have no idea whether they haven't received it or they just haven't replied yet...

I am on Rogers as well, running 4543 (haven't had it happen since going to 4543 but it happens so randomly that I don't know if the update fixed it or not yet)

Flick, flick, flick
    07-18-13 08:49 AM
    I've had this issue, too - since I got my Z10 - but the random reboots of previous OS versions seem to mask it more at first.

When .2354 came along, my random reboots stopped, and this because more prevalent and noticable. So I manually rebooted every day, thinking this would be some bug that perhaps would get put right by a software update. But it got more frequent, so I returned it to my provider for repair - who in turn after testing and diagnosis are returning it to BlackBerry for repair.

edit: one other issue I had that manifest itself in the last few days before I returned it, it would keep saying there was a 5Mb OS update. It would do the update, say it was successful, but if you closed the settings, then open it again, it would still want to do it, download it, install it... over and over.
    07-18-13 03:17 PM
    Box is fine but removed so it stops wasting my data... trying to play with the network settings. it's not lte...

Posted from my Z10
    07-18-13 07:05 PM
    my last email was at noon today and next email was at 5pm confirmed NO SYNC. Looks like another OS load.
    07-18-13 08:16 PM
    Data services while roaming = on. This seems to have fixed the issue so far.

Posted from my Z10
    07-18-13 10:06 PM
    it worked today. wifi off everywhere. ? this was after a call to att and BB
    07-19-13 07:25 PM
    I deleted every app and removed email and all services. Was monitoring the app Data check pro as i was using 500mb per day of data since this issue. Checked the app after removing each service and app... no changes. than i turned off blackberry protect. Data stopped. Phone is not as hot. Battery is not as bad either. Still need to confirm if this is the cause to the communication issues but it does make sense. This is my investigation to date. Can anyone else with this issue turn off blackberry protect for a couple days and see if it makes a difference?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:49 PM
    I deleted every app and removed email and all services. Was monitoring the app Data check pro as i was using 500mb per day of data since this issue. Checked the app after removing each service and app... no changes. than i turned off blackberry protect. Data stopped. Phone is not as hot. Battery is not as bad either. Still need to confirm if this is the cause to the communication issues but it does make sense. This is my investigation to date. Can anyone else with this issue turn off blackberry protect for a couple days and see if it makes a difference?

Posted via CB10
    also turn off blackberry link within phone settings

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:08 PM
    I applaud your efforts in attempting to resolve this yourself, but as mentioned in my post, I had this issue, and wasn't using BlackBerry protect. And in fairness, you shouldn't need to have to turn off lots of things to make basic phone functionality stable.

I'm told in my case, that after testing and diagnosis, they are sending it to BlackBerry for repair, implying this is a true fault, perhaps in hardware. From my perspective BlackBerry need to be careful, when my Z10 was first sent for repair, my provider had no "loaner" phones - so I had to get a micro sim adapter and was using my only unlocked handest (apart from my estranged Z10) a rather aging Samsung D900, which although rather basic, was a nice change from using smartphones in receipt years, in terms of battery life. A neglected D900 thats battery hasn't seen sniff of a charger in a year, and before that, I'd guess about 3 years, after a days use, all the segments (admittedly only 3) of the battery level were still showing. It's made me nostalgic for pre smartphone handsets.

But to get to the point, I've since had my previous handset (a Nokia N8) unlocked, so I've just started using that again until my Z10 returns from repair (apparently being returned to the manufacturer can ADD up to 28 days to the repair time) as I'm paying for unlimited data on my contract so wanted to make use of a phone that can at least make use of data. Thing is, the more I'm using my N8 on Symbian Anna (this one will never be "updated" to Belle, I gave away my second N8 running Belle to somebody in the family) with Nokia Situations and maps 3.06, and I'm wondering whether I'm that bothered about my Z10 returning. The N8 camera and it's performance easily bests the Z10's, and has true xenon flash (no true surprise, because apart from the rather rare 808 pureview, the N8's camera is the best in a phone), maps / sat nav is clearly and comprehensively superior to maps on the Z10, even apps that are available on both - like Sport Tracker - both performs better and has better features on the N8. In use, it's more reliable as an actual phone, and the downsides (slightly smaller screen, keyboard not as good as the Z10's, and inferior browser - although how the browser from Belle compares, may not be quite as inferior) are rather minor considering the difference in age. For the things I use my smartphone for - largely camera, sat nav, Sports Tracker, minor video and music usage - I'm actually, on balance, in a better place, being temporarily forced into going back to my N8.

As for things like browser usage - well I'm typing this, now, using my PlayBook tethered to my N8 - and I tend to use my PlayBook for video and music more than my phone, anyway. My Z10 better be as good as it can be, with it's A game, when I get it back, because being made to live without it is proving to be, for me at least, better than living with it.
    07-20-13 05:16 AM
    I applaud your efforts in attempting to resolve this yourself, but as mentioned in my post, I had this issue, and wasn't using BlackBerry protect. And in fairness, you shouldn't need to have to turn off lots of things to make basic phone functionality stable.

I'm told in my case, that after testing and diagnosis, they are sending it to BlackBerry for repair, implying this is a true fault, perhaps in hardware. From my perspective BlackBerry need to be careful, when my Z10 was first sent for repair, my provider had no "loaner" phones - so I had to get a micro sim adapter and was using my only unlocked handest (apart from my estranged Z10) a rather aging Samsung D900, which although rather basic, was a nice change from using smartphones in receipt years, in terms of battery life. A neglected D900 thats battery hasn't seen sniff of a charger in a year, and before that, I'd guess about 3 years, after a days use, all the segments (admittedly only 3) of the battery level were still showing. It's made me nostalgic for pre smartphone handsets.

But to get to the point, I've since had my previous handset (a Nokia N8) unlocked, so I've just started using that again until my Z10 returns from repair (apparently being returned to the manufacturer can ADD up to 28 days to the repair time) as I'm paying for unlimited data on my contract so wanted to make use of a phone that can at least make use of data. Thing is, the more I'm using my N8 on Symbian Anna (this one will never be "updated" to Belle, I gave away my second N8 running Belle to somebody in the family) with Nokia Situations and maps 3.06, and I'm wondering whether I'm that bothered about my Z10 returning. The N8 camera and it's performance easily bests the Z10's, and has true xenon flash (no true surprise, because apart from the rather rare 808 pureview, the N8's camera is the best in a phone), maps / sat nav is clearly and comprehensively superior to maps on the Z10, even apps that are available on both - like Sport Tracker - both performs better and has better features on the N8. In use, it's more reliable as an actual phone, and the downsides (slightly smaller screen, keyboard not as good as the Z10's, and inferior browser - although how the browser from Belle compares, may not be quite as inferior) are rather minor considering the difference in age. For the things I use my smartphone for - largely camera, sat nav, Sports Tracker, minor video and music usage - I'm actually, on balance, in a better place, being temporarily forced into going back to my N8.

As for things like browser usage - well I'm typing this, now, using my PlayBook tethered to my N8 - and I tend to use my PlayBook for video and music more than my phone, anyway. My Z10 better be as good as it can be, with it's A game, when I get it back, because being made to live without it is proving to be, for me at least, better than living with it.
    As of today. Still no issues. I get that blackberry protect should work. I like the feature and agree that i should not have to turn it off. At the same time I'm not paying hundreds on data... it almost seems that blackberry made a change on their end that didn't go over so well with my phone. I'm not pushing an opinion or suggestions for future use. just sharing my experience maybe it will help someone

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:55 PM
    Have experienced just this issue with the Z10, using immense amounts of data, and getting hot, in addition to this we were seeing multiple replications of emails on the device but not the system.
    Turns out (in our environment we are using IBM Traveler for email) that it was not down to the device as such, we had to patch our Traveler 9.0 servers up to FP1, and this resolved the issues all devices fine since then.
    Just throwing in my two cents, hope it helps.
    08-09-13 06:38 AM
29 12