Hello all!

Let me explain my situation, hopefully some of you can give me some advice

First of all: Iam no Blackberry user, I never used any of their phones. Until now Iam mainly an Iphone 4 user..
    I think its time for a new phone, the iphone 4 is getting very slow and i can get a new phone from my carrier.

At first I choose the Huawei Ascend P6, this phone looks amazing but I send it back after 2 or 3 days: There were serious Wifi problems (While connected wifi you could simply NOT access the internet, on 3g it was fine. Tried this on several Wifi hotspots), the battery life was way to short , the music through the headphones was very quiet and the most annoying thing was coming from IOS and trying to type on a Android keyboard...

Anyway, logical step would be to order the Iphone 5 or Iphone 5s. But these phones require alot of extra payment (Student, not much money to spend) which is not really an option for me..

So this is where the Blackberry Z10 comes in, I tried it quick in the Phone stores and I fell in love with the keyboard! It was amazing Would this phone be good for me? I know the main downsize would be the lack of apps. This seems no issue for me, I dont use many exoctic apps , I only use my phone for whatsapp, texting/calling, shazam, music / spotify, e-mailing, browsing and maps (to navigate when iam lost...). Important for me is that all those things work good, I have seen some reviews on youtube complaining about the maps, is this fixed? Those reviews where mainly on the beta OS i guess...

Do you guys think this phone would suit me? thanks alot in advance! Sorry for the crappy English..
    11-19-13 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 is one of the best cell phones available right now in market. After using it you will definitely fall in love with it. It's economical and gives the best user experience. Give it an honest try :-)

BlackBerry Z10 Posted Via CB
    11-19-13 02:17 AM
    A student who writes cr@ppy English? We'll send you back to English 101

If you love the keyboard and want to get some work done fast, the Z10 is now budget friendly so it shouldn't break your pocket if you're due for an upgrade... well maybe for a penny or two? ;p

I recommend as soon as you get the phone, load up the latest leak OS 10.2.1.1055 and you can install most of the Android apps and the process is very simple because BlackBerry doesn't have Shazam app yet. SoundHound is a very good app though. It's a great phone and once you get used to gestures and the hub, you'll notice the iPhone's home button feels awkward and getting in and out of apps and closing them will get you annoyed.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:19 AM
    Had the z10 since its launch for me you won't get a better phone. It's fast, good multi tasking, the hub is great, and comfortable in the hand. For me it's a good all round performer . Texting is easy and bbm is better than. WhatsApp in my opinion. But whatsapp works fine on it. As for the app situation there's plenty to pic from. If you pick the z10 think you be pleasantly surprised.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:22 AM
    Make a list of all the important items you need on your phone & then try all the ones that fit you needs. I love my Z10 as it is the phone for me. I'm not a big app's fan and up to this point I have gotten everything I need from BB world. The keyboard is great and the reception for calls is fantastic. I've no problems. Everyone has different needs & opinions. My opinion is go with the Z10. Good Luck & let us know what you get... Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    11-19-13 02:39 AM
    First of all, if English is not your first language, you have no reason to be concerned about your ability to get your point across. I think everyone reading your post will understand what you are looking for in a device.

As for the Z10, I agree with much of what has been said. I too have had the phone since launch. What I really like about this phone is how much it continues to improve with each and every update. The new features keep it fresh for me. They enhance its performance and BlackBerry truly seems to be listening to feedback.

I say go for it. You will not regret it, especially now that prices are dropping and the device is becoming more affordable for more people.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:44 AM
    Hey! Thanks all for the nice reply's
    I think Iam just gonna order this phone. It seems great for my needs and the keyboard was great (This is really important for me).

There are just 2 things i wonder, I couldn't check everything for myself because these phones are in some ' lock' mode in the store.

How is the map? In reviews there were complaints about it being slow and not showing any train/metro stops.. Is this fixed by now with updates?

How is the music through headphones? With the Huawei this was way to low (Compared to my Iphone 4) and that really annoyed me. When I was cycling past busy traffic I could barely hear the music...

Thanks alot guys
    11-19-13 06:25 AM
    Hey buddy!
    To the maps:
    They just work. They don't offer fancy graphics or 3D. The software looks plain and will show you what you need to gez where ever you wanna go.
    I used the maps app a few time while I was driving my car.
    The voice & commandos are clear and on time. Also the map itself & instructions on it are easy and clear.
    The only thing is, you have to have a data connection, those are not offline maps.

But I can't tell you about metro infos, I just used it in my car.

To the music player:
    The build in media player works great!
    It's loud and sounds good!
    The only thing is you have to buy other headphones! -the pair that come with the phone ain't the best ones. They are good enough to use the headset and just to listen to the music, but the sound experience is no "wow".

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:57 AM
    Hey! Thanks all for the nice reply's
    I think Iam just gonna order this phone. It seems great for my needs and the keyboard was great (This is really important for me).

There are just 2 things i wonder, I couldn't check everything for myself because these phones are in some ' lock' mode in the store.

How is the map? In reviews there were complaints about it being slow and not showing any train/metro stops.. Is this fixed by now with updates?

How is the music through headphones? With the Huawei this was way to low (Compared to my Iphone 4) and that really annoyed me. When I was cycling past busy traffic I could barely hear the music...

Thanks alot guys
    We just moved to TN and my Garmin is getting old. I have been relying on BlackBerry maps and it has not let me down. It is simple yet gets the job done. Turn by turn navigation has been great. She keeps by informed ahead of time, very clear and loud enuff. I bought a dashboard holder for it and now can use my phone hands free either via bluetooth with my car radio or using the great speakerphone.

I use my phone for music too and frequent walks. The headphone integrates well with the phone. Sounds loud and clean in ur ears.

Side loading apps is very easy if u don't install the new OS leak.

The Z10 also has hdmi which can come in handy if u r doing presentations etc for school. The calendar integrates very well with emails. The Remember app will keep u well organized. It will integrate Contacts with ur friends on social media too which is very handy.

This is a solid, great UI, practical and reliable phone. Hope this helps.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-19-13 07:37 AM
    Get the battery bundle. Lightweight and inexpensive. Will keep u moving. Also look into the BlackBerry Music Gateway device.

The Story Maker app can also make for some great PowerPoint presentation for school. I know a new presentation app was just released on BlackBerry World that vibrant check out.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-19-13 07:38 AM
    I've had an iPhone and played with Android in the past. To address some of your questions:

I've found a work around for 90% of the apps I want. The other 10% I out up with because everything else works so well. I don't think my you'll find an official Spotify app (or a third party app) on BlackBerry World bit you can probably just download it via an other app store using the latest leak. On that note, I highly recommend the latest leak (1055).

The music sounds okay fine from the headphone jack.

Lastly, the maps kinda sucks. It's accurate but not as snappy or fluid as Google maps or even Apple maps. I use Wade (in BlackBerry World) and I love it. You'll have no problems with it.

Hope this helped!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-26-13 02:07 AM

I say go for it. You will not regret it, especially now that prices are dropping and the device is becoming more affordable for more people.

Posted via CB10
    Yea... You can find mint to bnib z10's on ebay for around $200. got my T-Mobile z10 for $200 shipped
    11-26-13 09:04 AM
    Hey, I'm happy you enjoyed the Z10 in store. Go for it, buy that and then take it home install link on your pc and do a back up....
    Then download the 10.2.1.1055 leak and install that. After that you can pretty well run any app you want....

It's a great phone, best I've ever had.
    I personally have not had any issues with BlackBerry maps, it's basic but it works for me, however if you install the leak os Google maps runs very smooth

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:30 PM