So I plugged. My z10 on a PlayBook charger without the battery on. It fried my screen and gave it a grey color, right now my screen is grey. Phone is super hot and as a result can't charge when it's on. Phone is slow. So I'm wondering if the processor is also affected or if it's just the screen?
    All you engineers in the house please help

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:26 AM
    Am I reading this right....you plugged the charger in when there was no battery in the phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:42 AM
    Well, we know that the battery wasn't the source of the heat. Complex integrated circuits are easily damaged by too much heat. I suspect your phone is done and needs replacing.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 08:03 AM
    Can't the complex integrated circuits be replaced?
    Yes I plugged the charger without the battery because they said it helps recalibrate the battery

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:11 AM
    I don't know anything about plugging in a charger without a battery. But it sounds like you did fry something. And I'm sure trying to replace a whole bunch of tiny little circuits would cost most than replacing the entire phone.

I don't know how plugging in a charger without a battery would recalibrate THE BATTERY!!!

Sorry about your problem.

Good luck,
    12-30-13 10:52 AM
    Can't the complex integrated circuits be replaced?
    Yes I plugged the charger without the battery because they said it helps recalibrate the battery

Posted via CB10
    Who are they?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:40 AM
    I think the better question is how long was the phone plugged into the charger without a battery? It's not that it was, i've done it for a few minutes at a time, but really for how long. And as was said, who's they??
    12-30-13 01:02 PM
    Really you can buy a new z10 for the repair cost..i broke some pins on the slim slot and they asked me to change the whole board which costs 80% of the total cost of the phone.and I got the sim slot alone replaced with the help of YouTube videos..and spares from ebay which cost me only $10 nearly..and I know your situation is worse than mine

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:13 PM
    How do you know it is slow if the screen is fried? If the phone works and you can see the screen, it isn't "fried." Take the phone off the charger, let it cool down, then replace the battery and start it up.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:50 PM