Good afternoon fellow crackberians, i'm having a little issue with the sound on my verizon z10. when someone is trying to call me, my phone doesn't not ring, i see it on my screen, but i have no ring sound. i've checked my settings and everything seems to be ok. am i missing something? Please help
    01-25-14 12:14 PM
    phone restart and try again. any third party apps running like bebuzz or hub++?
    01-25-14 12:25 PM
    i've restarted but the issue is still there. and i don't have any 3rd party apps.
    01-25-14 12:45 PM
    So many variables,
    Are you using stock ringtones, or
    Are you using custom ringtones, are the custom ringtones on your sd card or in the flash memory.

All my ringtones are mp3. Stored in the voice folder on the phone and I never had a problem,

Maybe just play around with the set up on your phone.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:31 PM
    OK I'll give it a shot.
    01-25-14 03:17 PM
    I had sane problem it seemed to be caused by 'sayit' app I deleted app and it hasn't happened since. Sayit has had update in last week that nay have fixed this problem but I've not reinstalled it yet.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    01-25-14 03:49 PM
    I had the same problem and as the previous writer wrote, it was the sayit app. As soon as in deleted the app all went back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    01-25-14 03:55 PM
    Download the free BB Virtual Expert from bbworld and run the tests.
    01-25-14 04:46 PM
    How did Sayit cause the problem? Can anyone elaborate, please?
    01-25-14 05:29 PM
    How did Sayit cause the problem? Can anyone elaborate, please?
    If I recall, if a user accidentally pressed the Mute (middle button), it would invoke or start SayIt but if accidentally pressed, the user would not follow through and Sayit would be active but waiting for input - thereby stopping other sounds from occurring.
    01-25-14 06:48 PM
    If I recall, if a user accidentally pressed the Mute (middle button), it would invoke or start SayIt but if accidentally pressed, the user would not follow through and Sayit would be active but waiting for input - thereby stopping other sounds from occurring.
    It was this.
    It has been updated with a time out feature so that after a set amount of time it would stop listening.
    I updated, and still have audio problems when say it is headless.
    I just turned that feature off.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-25-14 06:53 PM
    I have faced a similar problem earlier. Take a look at my previous post on the sound problem .

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...evices-882754/
    01-26-14 10:06 AM
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I recommend checking all of the basic menus before concluding it's a malfunctioning app.

I had a no-notification sound condition for all of my emails last week. It turns out that there is a well - hidden menu where sound notifications had been mysteriously switched off.

So, first I'd go to Settings and make sure notification sounds are switched on. Next, I'd go down to the bottom of that page to the 'Customization' section and click on 'apps.' That will bring up additional menus, including one where the phone notification can be (accidentally) silenced.

Next, I'd check contact settings to make sure they were set correctly.

Next, I'd check for troublesome apps.

Good luck. I know how you feel.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 11:14 PM
    "but I recommend checking all of the basic menus before concluding it's a malfunctioning app."

Just experienced the same problem ( a couple of months later) and this was exactly the problem. The phone ring had been switched off in the applications sub menu. Don't know how or why that happened, expecially as I didn't really know it was there.
    06-20-14 09:21 AM