04-19-13 11:04 PM
41 12
tools
    Ya. I def wasnt covering the sensor. The phone was in its car holder and there was nothing near the sensor.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:13 AM
    Hi guys, just wanted to give my two cents in here. My phone app was leggy just like everyone else but I noticed that it only started recently. So I thought, what could cause this over time? I haven't added new contacts and I have a ton anyway. Call log. I went to the hub and cleared the call log and voila, snappy startup. So it looks as though they're loading the entire call log on launch which is very inefficient. It should only be loading as much as it needs to allow for smooth scrolling through the list then pre fetch as bit goes. Anyhow, if it's really bothering you then clear your call log or at least clean it up.

Posted via CB10
    pmccartney likes this.
    03-20-13 07:28 AM
    ^ This definitely makes a difference
    03-20-13 08:41 AM
    Agreed... so why should it lag in th first place. I never noticed that on old 9860. Seems like the app is not as efficient as it should be. BlackBerry should take the old leaf out and get us a fix soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:57 AM
    I wouldn't say slow but I just say it's not up to par with the rest of the OS that is snappy and responsive.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:01 AM
    That definitely helps. But while it's launching it's blank white and then it jitters for a millisecond then it settles. I'm know I'm being too picky here, but this "app" definitely needs a lot of work.

This "fix" also eliminates the lag when you click "Dial Pad" so that is also useful.
    03-20-13 11:26 AM
    Yup. Phone App sluggish ever since my first day with the Z10. Annoying, but I can live with it as I love the rest of the phone.
    wxmancanada and bhrgvr like this.
    03-20-13 11:43 AM
    And yeah... while they are at it... why not add the functionality of sending an email/message/whatsapp to the contact. would make life so much better...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 06:07 PM
    And yeah... while they are at it... why not add the functionality of sending an email/message/whatsapp to the contact. would make life so much better...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think this should be even brought to BlackBerry's attention as it should be a given in future updates But yeah, please fix the phone app (man do I feel wrong calling it an app) BlackBerry.
    03-21-13 01:03 AM
    I have been think about this for the last week or more.

I hate the time taken from launching the phone, to taping a few times on my speed dial until it works!

I rationalize it and I like the phone regardless, but I think a slightly off user experience could leave a bad taste subliminally for new users, ie unresponsive touch screen, inconsistent loading etc.

However they do it, i hope the phone becomes as solid a robust as the HUB.

PS: they need to make scrolling long message threads, especially text msg, render instantly. I have often scrolled so fast that I wait 20-30 seconds until the messages of that spot are recalled? crazy weird afterthought.
    03-21-13 01:31 AM
    I find the touch screen frustratingly unresponsive when I'm trying to answer a call and have had more than a few kick over to voicemail while I'm trying to connect with the caller
    03-21-13 03:10 AM
    I find the touch screen frustratingly unresponsive when I'm trying to answer a call and have had more than a few kick over to voicemail while I'm trying to connect with the caller
    Quite a few people have complained about that same issue. Personally I've never encountered a problem with that. I'm sure BB are reading these forums and will do their best to fix such issues.
    03-21-13 03:30 AM
    I have no sluggishness with mine, loads up in about 2seconds. Quite smooth for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:41 AM
    I really like my Z10 and I understand it will take some time to get third party apps in the ecosystem, but having a device with a buggy "phone app" "contacts" and "settings" is unacceptable. How can you explain to someone that is not tech savy that the OS is years ahead of the competition when most people consider a phones main apps (The before mentioned) the OS? It is much harder to place a call from my z10 than from my iPhone, first because the app is slow and second because it is not intuitive. If the contact you want to call is not in your favorites you go to the contacts tab in the phone app click search for the keyboard to apear and then start typing (dangerous to do while driving), in my iphone I unlock, swipe left for search, type first letters of name and it gives me the contact orderd by most used number. One of my biggest complaints is that your fovorite contacts are above your call log, they should be in their own sub section or at least above the other contacts. I dont want to see my favorites when I hit view missed calls.Then there is the apps integration with the rest of the phone; you dont get hyperlinks for phone numbers in the browser or whatsapp and you cant copy past to the dial pad. I really hope all these issues are due to a hasty release of the platform and they are about to release a fully native, headless, integrated phone/contacts/settings "apps". Disclosure: Im not a hater I use my z10 more than my i devices, but am trully hurting with some bugs.
    04-19-13 12:32 PM
    Swipe faster. LoL

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 via Crackberry App
    04-19-13 05:58 PM
    I think it has to do with the language its coded in, I am under the impression its in adobe air, it's not truly native.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:04 PM
41 12