Hi,
    I have started to have a number of issues with the actual Phone app on my Blackberry Z10 which have only begun in the last six weeks or so.
    First thing was that my calls were dropping. I live in a very good reception area in the UK yet the problem continued. I contacted my provider, Three, in the UK and was given a signal booster box for the home. This problem did not occur whilst outside in good areas so, I thought, problem solved. Not! After a short while, even with the booster box, my calls began to drop again. I could neither receive nor make calls. The signal suddenly showed SOS callas only. When there was a signal, it took two or three attempts to finally make a successful call. After that all seemed okay. From researching the net, I see that others have had similar problems but all point their finger at the OS software. Presently, mine is 10.2.0.424 and I did a software update check this very morning which showed I have the latest available.
    Finally, I have done all the usual fixes, battery pull etc. etc. but still the problem persists. Also, if I am in the middle of a call and receive a text or email notification (buzz, buzz) the app itself goes to super large and I cannot sort I that without a battery pull.
    Phew, massive one for a first timer but I do need some of your expert guidance.
    Thanks
    02-04-14 04:10 AM
    It might be a defective SIM card, or the card is not properly fixed in place.

If the SIM card is loose, try placing a sheet of paper on top of it (between the SIM and the SIM holder).

If the SIM card is properly fixed, try with another SIM and see if you still have the same issues.

--------------------

Screen Timeout for BB10
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-04-14 04:20 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Your advice re. the SIM card is appreciated but I forgot to add that I had the SIM replaced when this issue first arose, however i will double check to see if it is loose or not sitting correctly. To be honest, I can live with this as all the pros far outweigh the cons on my Z10. I am hoping that a software update will fix the problem. As for being 95% happy with my Z10, I want to be 100%.
    02-04-14 04:28 AM
    Hi again,
    I also forgot to mention that when I go into my phone app, say to make a call, there are some icons along the top of the screen which I cannot get rid of. Just for clarification showing first is the voicemail icon. Obviously I do not want to ditch that but two other icons on there I do. One is a number that I have deleted from my contacts app and the other is someone who has called me ages ago. I have a feeling it is something to do with favourites but cannot seem to fathom it at the moment.
    02-04-14 07:22 AM
    Hi again,
    I also forgot to mention that when I go into my phone app, say to make a call, there are some icons along the top of the screen which I cannot get rid of. Just for clarification showing first is the voicemail icon. Obviously I do not want to ditch that but two other icons on there I do. One is a number that I have deleted from my contacts app and the other is someone who has called me ages ago. I have a feeling it is something to do with favourites but cannot seem to fathom it at the moment.
    Just checked my phone this instant and all my favourites have disappeared!
    02-04-14 07:25 AM
    Here's the latest in my tale of woe. When I go into my phone app now all the icons are big. I cannot resize them, they take up half the screen so I have to scroll down to get to the dial pad. Also even though I have removed certain favourites, all that has been removed is the photo or avatar. The numbers are still showing. I have a feeling this is either operator error or there is a more serious issue.

Sent from Mike's iPad
    02-04-14 09:39 AM
    It might be a defective SIM card, or the card is not properly fixed in place.

If the SIM card is loose, try placing a sheet of paper on top of it (between the SIM and the SIM holder).

If the SIM card is properly fixed, try with another SIM and see if you still have the same issues.

Thanks

--------------------

Screen Timeout for BB10
    02-05-14 03:17 AM
    Hi again,
    Just an update. I found out that holding down on the large icons brings a menu from the side where there is the option to delete. I must admit I searched high and low for an answer but found this by trial and error. Sometimes there is just toooooooooo much information available and you have to work through it like the Encyclopaedia Britannica. That's if you have a few years!
    02-05-14 03:22 AM
    Try loads the latest leak. It might solve the issue. The latest leak is the same with the latest official OS.

Posted via CB10
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-05-14 03:34 AM
    Try loads the latest leak. It might solve the issue. The latest leak is the same with the latest official OS.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know how to and I am just losing confidence with the phone as it is. I have read a lot of bad stuff about the Z10 since I started this post but I really do like my phone and am trying to adapt. That really should not be the case, however. I will persevere and hope for some enlightenment on this forum.

Sent from Mike's iPad
    02-05-14 04:57 AM
    you should try looking for yourself then just waiting for people answer. its not that difficult to find what you need in this forum. i always find what i am looking for.
    02-05-14 08:37 PM
    Don't know how to and I am just losing confidence with the phone as it is. I have read a lot of bad stuff about the Z10 since I started this post but I really do like my phone and am trying to adapt. That really should not be the case, however. I will persevere and hope for some enlightenment on this forum.

Sent from Mike's iPad
    Hahah, so you all of a sudden have reception issues and have "read a lot of bad stuff " and you are considering jumping ship? This is the fastest and smoothest OS out there. I wouldn't be so quick.
    Many service providers often go through periods of poor reception, either from bad weather, tower upgrades etc.. Browse the forums to try and resolve the issue , also consider getting a 10.2.1 leak, (takes no time at all) if you're provider still does not have 10.2.1 available. All providers however will have the 10.2.1 update by the end of February, many in the coming days. Be patient and I'm sure you will be fine!!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-05-14 09:55 PM
    loading the leak or another carrier's official os is pretty easy. and lots of help here if you need it
    mesqueunclub likes this.
    02-05-14 10:59 PM
    Hi BB30000,
    Never mentioned anything about jumping ship and was just looking for some friendly advice. Thanks anyway for your views.
    Mike

Sent from Mike's iPad
    02-20-14 05:25 PM
    Hi BB30000,
    Never mentioned anything about jumping ship and was just looking for some friendly advice. Thanks anyway for your views.
    Mike

Sent from Mike's iPad
    Are things now working?
    02-20-14 06:10 PM
    Sorry for not updating but here is the latest. At last my provider in the UK Three decided to release the latest OS upgrade, 10.2.1.537, which went flawlessly. Really like the extras, especially new phone app interface. Cool, as my daughter would say. No phone calls dropping at the moment although I have had one or two contacts telling me that their first call went to answer phone or they were told I was not available. On the second attempt they got through fine and as I said no dropped call which really was becoming a pain. It usually occurs inside my home, however, I have been supplied with a booster box which worked fine initially. I live in an excellent reception area but at the moment 4g is not covered there by Three. I would just like to add once again, I have no intention of jumping ship as was suggested. I love my Z10 it has everything I need. It is just these irritating glitches that I and a lot of other BB users suffer from. I am waiting to see how I go on after the new OS has settled in.

Sent from Mike's iPad
    02-21-14 03:08 AM