Hello there! I've had my Z10 for about a year now and no major issues. After the update to. 2977, my phone app has started freezing. I can make calls from the hub or contact app with the phone app frozen, but when it opens the phone app it shows a still of the latest phone calls. It makes the call with the app frozen, but you have no control over the call since you cannot see the call options menu(end call, speaker, etc).

Anyone else had this problem? Do you know how I can reset the phone app without resetting the phone itself?
    07-07-14 01:02 AM
    I updated mine 3 days ago (STL-2) as well. I noticed a few occasional app freezing too, and a few times freezing in the hub. After rebooting or re-opening the app were fine. Don't know what is going in, but I expected to be more snappier if they claimed bug fixed.

BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.3175
    07-07-14 03:08 AM
    Since the first 10.2.1 leak i installed and it's been happening to BBM of the HUB not the actual BBM app.
    let's say i want to read a bbm message from the HUB i get a frozen incomplete loaded bbm conversation window that i cant close and the only response i get is when i swipe to the right (back to the active frame), and at any point i go to the HUB that's what is still there.
    to restore the HUB just tap the hub app icon, as for the bbm message tap the bbm app icon.
    some times it fixes it self and some times i restart.
    cheers
    Last edited by Nayalm; 07-07-14 at 05:24 AM.
    07-07-14 03:41 AM
    Hi,

I had this problem too. You should try a hard reset (vol + and vol -). Since the hard reset the problem is gone for me.
    But I think too that the last build is the buggiest one ever (For me) and the battery drainage is bad too. I had 1,5 days with the build before. Now i running low after 17h. That is not bad but has been way better!

Advantage of the last build:
    The 100% bug is gone!

Hopefully a new build will be released soon!
    07-07-14 03:56 AM
    Hi I only had the issue of the names not appearing in the text hub until I rebooted a second time and everything has been fine since no freezing or problems at all with my Z10 STL100-2. Maybe try are hard boot up but let it sit for a few minutes before restarting.. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook.
    07-07-14 04:00 AM
    Thank you guys for all the replies. I'll try a hard reset to see if it solves the problem. Just like to mention that I have no other freezing issues....just with the phone app.
    07-07-14 04:37 AM
    My fiance and I are both on z10's with. 2976 and this exact issue happens to her about twice a week. It has never happened to me once. I didn't believe her at first because she is clueless about tech but yeah the phone app locks right up can't even answer a call until reboot. Hard reset or reboot fixes for a few days, then it comes right back.

Buddha Stories - C0038CC70
    08-05-14 11:23 PM