I've noticed that when I'm in a sketchy location, as far as signal, the personal assistant won't work. My guess is that it sends the message over the internet, to interpret what was said, and then sends back instructions to the phone as to what to do. I know some tablets work this way.

Anyone know if this is right? And, if so, I would assume it would count against your "data" your plan provides.

It's annoying, because I want to dictate texts while driving in to work. I'm in a black zone for a while, when I want to be dictating. I would then be allowed to send the text when I got to a clear spot, but it rarely allows me to dictate there, and tells me to try back later.
    07-09-14 01:04 PM
    That is correct. Some stuff in 10.3 says it will be supported locally though, so there's that. Have to wait and see.
    07-09-14 02:29 PM
    Thanks. hope they make that change - local support would be great for me. I imagine it's not a huge deal for most people, though it is a lot slower than local translation.

For my specific situation, what could be really handy and useful becomes much less helpful.

Thanks for the info.
    07-12-14 12:43 PM
    Okay, just realized, due to my other thread on this topic, that I'm using the wrong name here. Technically, my question was about the "voice control" feature. Apparently this is not a true "personal assistant." I'm assuming the answer I got from Bla1ze is about voice control on version 10.3, not that we might potentially be getting what would be more accurately called a assistant with version 10.3?

Thanks guys.
    07-12-14 01:32 PM
    Start the text and then use dictate from the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:20 PM
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    07-12-14 10:48 PM