I have seen multiple threads that people are on there second or third device. Is there a certain carrier model it seems to happen with more than others?
    11-25-13 10:48 PM
    I'm on my first since launch on T-Mobile USA. I think a lot of the reasons people were getting replacements were software issues which were ironed out. That is however my belief. It stems from the fact that I haven't seen many of these posts anymore. That or it was some people trolling. More than likely it was a number of ironed out bugs though. My model is STL100-3 and I am running OS 10.2.1.1055
    11-25-13 11:08 PM
    I'm on my second... my g/f is on her THIRD! Don't know why (blue screens of death)... All covered under warranty. But, I wouldn't trade this phone for anything else out there!
    11-25-13 11:09 PM
    I'm on my second... my g/f is on her THIRD! Don't know why (blue screens of death)... All covered under warranty. But, I wouldn't trade this phone for anything else out there!
    Blue screen of death on BB10 devices? Really? That kind of sucks...

EDIT: Yup I just somehow missed all the blue screen threads. I didn't know this was happening...

EDIT2: It appears that they can be revived with autoloaders. At least in some cases. Not sure about all.
    11-25-13 11:13 PM

EDIT: Yup I just somehow missed all the blue screen threads. I didn't know this was happening...

EDIT2: It appears that they can be revived with autoloaders. At least in some cases. Not sure about all.
    We got "new" devices (I'm sure they were factory refurbished)... but, like I said, I'm still carrying a Z10 and showing it off every chance I can. I love this phone (not quite as much as my g/f )
    meltbox360, potatoguy and kellnuel like this.
    11-25-13 11:17 PM
    I had a Q10 from work and was using a Z10 for personal from launch, both with Verizon and worked perfect. My work switched us to Z10's so I switched to Q10 for personal cause I didn't want two of the same phones. So I've had 2 Q10's and 2 Z10's and had I problems with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, Z10, or Q10 on Verizon from Philly.
    11-25-13 11:23 PM
    Here's the thread I started ==> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...estion-845036/
    11-25-13 11:38 PM
    Im on my second just to make use of 1 on 1 exchange guarantee by blackberry. Nothing wrong with the phone though.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 12:01 AM
    I've had FOUR Z10s.

The first I have to think was software related, as it rebooted and I exchanged it the day I got it (launch day).

It then lasted until this summer, I think July, when I got the blue screen of death. The replacement ALSO got the blue screen of death, the day I got it in the mail. The one I have that replaced that one is perfect.

You would think that after four devices, one would just give up and move onto another device. T-Mobile tried to give me a Galaxy S3 for it, but I didn't want it. I'd rather risk a dead Z10 than use a perfectly alive S3. Luckily during the days the my Z10 was dead, I could use my Q10, so I wasn't totally without a phone.

I feel bad for people who have had this happen to them, because I know most normal people probably only have one cell phone.
    11-26-13 12:01 AM
    I'm running my first and original Z10 since February 2013.
    I feel bad for those that have experienced issues.

Post via my Z10!
    11-26-13 12:42 AM
    I'm on my second Z10 after the first was replaced by Orange when it died with a hardware fault.

No problem with the replacement so far..My wife and son also use Z10's and they've had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:09 AM
    What you're not getting from this thread are the thousands who have had no real issues. Multiple bad phones? Blue screen? I had the blue screen issue. Traced it to an app. The last Android phone I had, users were having restarts; multiple phone returns; defective hardware... and if you read the posts it sounded huge. Of course, in truth, it wasn't. Same here. If it were, there would be thousands of posts. I've had mine since USA release and love it.

When that Android phone came out, an "important" tech blogger raised the alarm that thousands of users were experiencing speaker failure. His source (as it had not been released in the US yet) was a German forum. I read the forum and posted on his blog that, instead of "thousands" of phones, the forum showed 35 that were bad. He deleted my comment.

The Z10 is a great phone. A few have issues. Most do not.
    11-26-13 02:55 AM
    Are the users with problems running stock or a leaked OS?
    11-26-13 05:06 PM
    This is my second Z10. I always keep phones out of holsters in my front pocket. I think I may have damaged the phone getting in to my car by slightly flexing it or some such.

Whatever happened, it would no longer go past the red light of death. Definitely hardware but self-inflicted.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:20 PM
    I've had my Z since it first came available shortly after launch. Zero problems. Nothing. Love the phone
    Just wonder how many people that are having issues have either side loaded non-approved apps or loaded leaked OS upgrades. Just wondering. Wouldn't trade my Z for anything.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:53 PM
    On rogers in canada. Had mine since launch and it went blue screen of death a couple weeks ago. Luckily I bought replacement insurance so in walked in and grabbed another one. Almost jumped ship to android or ios as my undying love for BlackBerry is certainly been tried lately. But stuck with my new z10. BlackBerry is and always has been a love hate relationship

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 06:10 PM
    What you're not getting from this thread are the thousands who have had no real issues. Multiple bad phones? Blue screen? I had the blue screen issue. Traced it to an app. The last Android phone I had, users were having restarts; multiple phone returns; defective hardware... and if you read the posts it sounded huge. Of course, in truth, it wasn't. Same here. If it were, there would be thousands of posts. I've had mine since USA release and love it.

When that Android phone came out, an "important" tech blogger raised the alarm that thousands of users were experiencing speaker failure. His source (as it had not been released in the US yet) was a German forum. I read the forum and posted on his blog that, instead of "thousands" of phones, the forum showed 35 that were bad. He deleted my comment.

The Z10 is a great phone. A few have issues. Most do not.
    Cuts both ways. You're also not getting the many people that had issues and simply moved on to another brand.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 09:10 PM
    I've had my Z since it first came available shortly after launch. Zero problems. Nothing. Love the phone
    Just wonder how many people that are having issues have either side loaded non-approved apps or loaded leaked OS upgrades. Just wondering. Wouldn't trade my Z for anything.

Posted via CB10
    Which carrier do you use?
    11-26-13 09:25 PM
    I have seen multiple threads that people are on there second or third device. Is there a certain carrier model it seems to happen with more than others?
    I think that most of the issues had to be with the lack of timely software updates. Being in Canada, I have had not had a single problem and of all the devices in the company, only one had a hardware problem and I am not sure of that as it was replaced before I could look at it. All other problem were older software.
    11-26-13 09:28 PM
    Cuts both ways. You're also not getting the many people that had issues and simply moved on to another brand.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Pretty weird logic. But, it's the logic that religion survives on. "I haven't heard from anyone so they must be out there." If this were a real problem it would be all over the internet.
    11-26-13 09:39 PM
    Really? Pretty weird logic. But, it's the logic that religion survives on. "I haven't heard from anyone so they must be out there." If this were a real problem it would be all over the internet.
    What's really weird logic is that you would believe everyone that has had a bad experience would post here.

I've been in the AT&T store, seen some returns and spoke with the management about their returns on BB10 devices. It is safe to say that most of the folks returning their devices aren't techies, haven't heard about this site, or side loading, or leaks.

And then you have people like me. I'm on my second phone, but wasn't going to bother with posting in this thread - just perused it out of curiosity.

Bringing religion into a discussion about phones is a really dumb thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:26 AM
    What's really weird logic is that you would believe everyone that has had a bad experience would post here.

I've been in the AT&T store, seen some returns and spoke with the management about their returns on BB10 devices. It is safe to say that most of the folks returning their devices aren't techies, haven't heard about this site, or side loading, or leaks.

And then you have people like me. I'm on my second phone, but wasn't going to bother with posting in this thread - just perused it out of curiosity.

Bringing religion into a discussion about phones is a really dumb thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    Here's reality: when Z10s were restarting it was all over the web; when iPhone batteries were NFG, it was all over the web; when iPhone antennas were not working, it was all over the web... etc. The fact that this issue is not is a pretty good indicator that repeat failed phones are not common. It's just logic. I am a contributor to the BB support site and I rarely see this. And then usually, it's a bad charger or someone using an off-brand charger. I used religion because religion is the most famous example of the double negative log: "It isn't therefore it is." Or, if you prefer, it's a priori reasoning: something derived from a supposition that cannot be proven. (For example, on the support site, what we do get a lot of are people buying used phones that turn out to be blocked because they are listed as lost or stolen. No matter how you try to explain the process they believe BBerry has singled them out and personally blocked their phones. Then they throw temper tantrums against BBerry... for something that is their own or someone else's fault. A priori logic.)

If you have repeat failed phones, that fail in exactly the same way, the first thing you should do is check to see if you are "bringing" something to each new phone that is causing it to fail.
    11-27-13 08:47 AM
    Here's reality: when Z10s were restarting it was all over the web; when iPhone batteries were NFG, it was all over the web; when iPhone antennas were not working, it was all over the web... etc. The fact that this issue is not is a pretty good indicator that repeat failed phones are not common. It's just logic. I am a contributor to the BB support site and I rarely see this. And then usually, it's a bad charger or someone using an off-brand charger. I used religion because religion is the most famous example of the double negative log: "It isn't therefore it is." Or, if you prefer, it's a priori reasoning: something derived from a supposition that cannot be proven. (For example, on the support site, what we do get a lot of are people buying used phones that turn out to be blocked because they are listed as lost or stolen. No matter how you try to explain the process they believe BBerry has singled them out and personally blocked their phones. Then they throw temper tantrums against BBerry... for something that is their own or someone else's fault. A priori logic.)

If you have repeat failed phones, that fail in exactly the same way, the first thing you should do is check to see if you are "bringing" something to each new phone that is causing it to fail.
    The thread was not started with the idea that it was common overall, but to explore the possibility that those experiencing multiple device replacement might share similar hardware.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:31 AM
    I was just trying to get an idea on why some people were going more thru more than one device and seeing if there was a pattern with a certain carrier or software.
    11-27-13 12:51 PM
    My boss is on his 3rd Iphone in just under a year. All replaced under warranty.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-27-13 01:00 PM
27 12