mater of time. Heh heh heh.
    Make that two in every crowd.
    ha!!! just edited,,, i usually do that when i get to the post & re-read,,, never said i was perfect,,, just damn good...
    02-23-13 01:30 PM
    Apple may not have made a smartphone before but they are no strangers to mobile devices or have you forgotten about the Newton. We all know how that turned out. You should also check the history of Android and iOS to see how long they were in development compared to BlackBerry 10 to see how impressive BlackBerry's efforts have been.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:49 PM
    The os is certainly impressive. The actual ui is very nice. But the issues that are common to many are what limits the device. The android port solution doesnt fly for me because android doesnt have all the apps i need and i am concerned about using ported apps and trusting them with banking information, is this a valid concern or am i just paranoid?
    02-23-13 01:53 PM
    ,,, i personally expect a high degree of effeciency, expertise & craftsmanship in everything i do, & i do exactly that,,, i expect no less from someone who provides me a service or a product,,, i, like most, bust my *** for my money, & [/QUOTE]

I somehow don't think you do. I have never seen anybody use triple commas. What does that mean?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:01 PM
    As a blackberry user and believer, i like the new os and understand that it will take time to perfect. Unfortunately way too many back steps in the os compared to legacy...i'm starting to understand why bb7 is still supported,...it's better functionally than bb10....for now.

Being a BlackBerry fan is like being a angler...patience, patience, patience

And some more patience

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:03 PM
    The os is certainly impressive. The actual ui is very nice. But the issues that are common to many are what limits the device. The android port solution doesnt fly for me because android doesnt have all the apps i need and i am concerned about using ported apps and trusting them with banking information, is this a valid concern or am i just paranoid?
    I agree with you on this, I go through the browser, do my business, log out, clear all cookies and history...aftet each use just to be safe. Mind you I am nervous even using an native app just because some guy built it I am positive he can go in to it at any time.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:07 PM
    ,,, I somehow don't think you do. I have never seen anybody use triple commas. What does that mean?

Posted via CB10

don't think i do what??? have high expectations or work hard for my money,,, either way you have no reason to think anything about either since you know nothing about me,,, 97% of most people wouldn't even get out of their cars, let alone last 5 mins. in my line of work,,, & triple commas don't really mean anything,,, it's just my own unique way of posting...
    02-23-13 02:15 PM
    Strange all the comments made in these threads about the Z10 freezing/crashing so many times. I have had mine since the 5th of February and nothing of the sort has happened. On the other hand, I don't port apps or anything.

Posted via CB10
    That is how it goes. Not all phones or os's experiences are the same. I remember people defending the storms saying they never had issues. Not calling the z10 a storm, but the experiences differ across people. The fact some are having major issues is then issue, not just your experience.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    02-23-13 02:23 PM
    Sod off. While I was annoyed too watching these 2 post accounts you know are owned by Apple bash the z10. Some of us have legit complaints and want fixes ASAP. For instance......BBM has been down for thousands of people since yesterday afternoon
    Freaking fix it and address it and let us know you are addressing it

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. BlackBerry needs to communicate better when there are issues like an outage instead of just leaving everyone guessing.
    02-23-13 02:27 PM
    The more is use this z10 the more worried i am..this battery drain is terrible..6 hours only..minimum apps. I even delete twitter..hope its not playbook all over again...amateur hour is over, folks!
    I think that is why it is not launched in US yet, because it is still not ready. These android ports apps are not ready...and believe me poor battery life will kill whatever momentum a BB has.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:14 PM
    don't think i do what??? have high expectations or work hard for my money,,, either way you have no reason to think anything about either since you know nothing about me,,, 97% of most people wouldn't even get out of their cars, let alone last 5 mins. in my line of work,,, & triple commas don't really mean anything,,, it's just my own unique way of posting...
    The smell is that bad, eh?
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    02-23-13 05:39 PM
    All I have learned in this thread is that people have no idea what ellipses are, what they are used for or when to use them.
    02-23-13 05:40 PM
    I agree with this. BlackBerry needs to communicate better when there are issues like an outage instead of just leaving everyone guessing.
    Exactly. There's been much complaints here at CB, why doesn't BB just put someone to participate...

Simple answers like "we are aware of your problem and are working on the fix, which we'll release in our April update" would turn haters into believers.

But that silence... It's like they don't care...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 05:53 PM
    The more is use this z10 the more worried i am..this battery drain is terrible..6 hours only..minimum apps. I even delete twitter..hope its not playbook all over again...amateur hour is over, folks!
    I think that is why it is not launched in US yet, because it is still not ready. These android ports apps are not ready...and believe me poor battery life will kill whatever momentum a BB has.

Posted via CB10
    Battery life does get better. Mine started off bad too, but now I easily get a day out of my Z10 after 3 weeks of use, so hang in there.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    02-23-13 06:00 PM
    People complaining about the Z10/BB10 on CrackBerry-uploadfromtaptalk1361664325298.jpg

Mmmhhh... Lol.

02-23-13 06:06 PM
    If Blackberry communicated better with its users they wouldn't be in the position they are in today. Ask DEC.

02-23-13 06:10 PM
    If Blackberry communicated better with its users they wouldn't be in the position they are in today. Ask DEC.
    Definitely. Ironical that happens to a company that writes "communication" in big red letters on their banners...

02-23-13 06:14 PM
    <Rant Mode On> Since the launch of the Z10, I've been watching with interest the comments on this Site and I'm staggered by what some people are saying. I've read about people returning their Z10`so etc and I'd love to be in a room with them so I could give them a Glasgow Kiss.

BlackBerry give us the best touch screen phone they've ever done by a mile and all we hear is moaning. Everything in the world that is good takes time, and is never perfect but it seems that patience, trust and support to is sadly lacking amongst posters on here. If BlackBerry had got everything right in the first version of BB10 then they would have been unique in the world to get something right first time. An OS is a process, an evolution something that is honed over time to become better and better, unfortunately some posters on here seem to forget that and expect a miracle - some was on here calling the OS half-baked! Unbelievable!

What galls me even more is that caveat that people attach to their posts such as: I'm a long time blackberry user; I used to love blackberry or I want blackberry to succeed etc etc. Well, all you want is to have a moan about blackberry, the company I love and that hurts me. If those people really meant those caveats they would be helping to improve bb10 by offering solutions to problems and being constructive in their criticism.

So in summing up, if you want to moan about bb10, do it somewhere else because you're getting right on my nerves. <rant mode off>
    People have a right to voice their opinions, this is what this forum is for. Remember this phone was held up according to TH so it would right, and it isnt. Its still missing things. I'm in the US so I dont own this phone, but if I did I think I would be dissapointed too.Thats not saying things wont be fixed, but it still seems rushed.I am going to weigh heavy on my decision once this phone gets here, but it will be an easy decision if the major apps still are not here and outlook isnt fully resolved. Oh, and I am a blackberry fan, been using over 10 years now but I'm not a fanboy. Just calling it as I see it.
    02-23-13 06:15 PM
    REALLY ??? Its and OUTAGE .... wtf you want them to do ? Send you a personal message ?
    They do press releases and EVERY news/blog/tech site immediately 'reports' on it to bash BB further. So it does get out there FAST.
    02-23-13 07:00 PM
    REALLY ??? Its and OUTAGE .... wtf you want them to do ? Send you a personal message ?
    They do press releases and EVERY news/blog/tech site immediately 'reports' on it to bash BB further. So it does get out there FAST.
    Really? That's why it goes for hours on here when it happens with nothing but questions and no answers.
    02-23-13 07:04 PM
    Twitter.

Most of the companies I follow keep their customers updated about problems via Twitter. It's pretty common these days.... even expected I'd say.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-23-13 07:07 PM
    The smell is that bad, eh?
    nope,,, their gnads are too small & so is your thinking...
    02-23-13 08:00 PM
    I had an iphone on day one back in 2007. And to this date its the one and only time i was 100% blown away by a phone, or any electronic deivce for that matter. because i had never experienced a phone like that. I dont recall the issues i had with it because memories tend to be better as time goes on. I think maybe i expected too much from bbry. But there is a big difference, apple had never made a phone before and bbry has been doing this for over a decade. Bbry also made specific promises which it has not delivered on. If i was so disloyal I could have sold my z10 for almost double the day i got it, but i decided to wait it out . With lack of apps. And the phone crashing and today bbm crashing it seems like deja vu.
    Great comments. Does anyone believe the OP that the first iphones were terrible? I mean really they only knocked BB right out of the consumer phone market - its a good thing they were terrible devices. Blackberry started the smartphone revolution - your setting the bar to low when you say its reasonable to wait for fixes on a new product. Would you even consider buying a vehicle without modern features? But it has a nice paint job doesn't sell cars or phones. Be realistic and if your still a passionate believer buy some stock. You will then own the right to gloat (hopefully) or will end up in tears (most probable).
    rottonj likes this.
    02-23-13 08:18 PM
    No twitter updates, no updates on their official site.....
    Sorry, but when thousands of people are having problems with BBM, they should be working on keeping their customer base informed as to when we can expect it fixed. There is going to be negative press no matter what. Now it is going to be negative press with the add on that blackberry did not inform or keep people up to date as they tried to keep it quiet.

At this point, I have not yet ranted on facebook or twitter how annoyed I am with the outage. But dozens of people I know have, and everyone else not on blackberry is merely commenting "We told you so". The loyal fanbase might like to know steps are being taken to fix it instead of some of us sitting here for an entire day with no BBM wondering if and when it is ever going to resolve.
    02-23-13 09:34 PM
    This is a discussion board. People are allowed to have opinions opposite of yours. Wanting to give them a 'glasgow kiss' because you don't like their opinion about a CELL PHONE reflects more on you than them.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    \

In the OP's defense, I found the threats of violence, and braggadocio about his physicality pretty funny - internet tough guys rule! I've had a few real-life enounters with them....it's a lot easier to be tough at the keyboard ;-)
    rottonj and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    02-23-13 09:55 PM
134 12345 ...