OS10 is new but many longtime BlackBerry users are not new

I drive a French car, and I expect there is no perfection. I expect, however, a special "French feeling" which I do not feel in an objectively better German car. Maybe some customers criticizing the Z10 and BlackBerry not because of lack of perfection? Maybe they miss the little things in their Z10 which distinguishes it from iPhone/S3?

Personally I can live with it if OS10 is not perfect immediately. I would criticize BlackBerry mercilessly but when I no longer feel the difference from other phones...
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-23-13 05:16 AM
    Morning all, this is just a reminder to stay on topic and not to attack each other personally, etc.

Thanks in advance. I've already cleaned up some posts and in some cases had to delete some.

Ivan
    02-23-13 06:15 AM
    Blackberry has never made a phone like this before, and it's light years ahead of the last phone they release.
    completely right - but completely irrelevant when comparing to devices of the competition.
    02-23-13 06:23 AM
    Ya I noticed every time a person logs on here there are multiple threads on people hating or being let down or just can't wrap their thick skulls around change. I've had mine since Feb 5th and haven't had one bit of grief or sense of disappointment with the device, so maybe take the time to do some research before buying and crying.
    There's a huge difference between making a thread about needing a hand with a problem than "I hate my BlackBerry and it's going back"

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-23-13 06:45 AM
    I think everyone know about the lack of apps before buying the z10 so no one can moan about it ... But connectivity issues major ... I already bought 3 z10 ... They don't crash but all have issues ... Going silent by themselves ... It's strange iand i am not sure if its the hardware or the software
    02-23-13 07:00 AM
    <Rant Mode On> Since the launch of the Z10, I've been watching with interest the comments on this Site and I'm staggered by what some people are saying. I've read about people returning their Z10`so etc and I'd love to be in a room with them so I could give them a Glasgow Kiss.

BlackBerry give us the best touch screen phone they've ever done by a mile and all we hear is moaning. Everything in the world that is good takes time, and is never perfect but it seems that patience, trust and support to is sadly lacking amongst posters on here. If BlackBerry had got everything right in the first version of BB10 then they would have been unique in the world to get something right first time. An OS is a process, an evolution something that is honed over time to become better and better, unfortunately some posters on here seem to forget that and expect a miracle - some was on here calling the OS half-baked! Unbelievable!

What galls me even more is that caveat that people attach to their posts such as: I'm a long time blackberry user; I used to love blackberry or I want blackberry to succeed etc etc. Well, all you want is to have a moan about blackberry, the company I love and that hurts me. If those people really meant those caveats they would be helping to improve bb10 by offering solutions to problems and being constructive in their criticism.

So in summing up, if you want to moan about bb10, do it somewhere else because you're getting right on my nerves. <rant mode off>
    This is a discussion board. People are allowed to have opinions opposite of yours. Wanting to give them a 'glasgow kiss' because you don't like their opinion about a CELL PHONE reflects more on you than them.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    02-23-13 07:08 AM
    Posted this another thread too...

I agree. I switched from the iPhone 4s- having never even considering Blackberry before. I think this Z10 is amazing.

Sure, a few enhancements would be welcome, but wow overall. It's a very complete and modern o/s. There is a lot of buzz about this phone. My teenage kids are jealous and it only takes a few minutes with anyone at work to make then true believers as well- especially with the Exchange email integration. Being able to book a meeting and see availability of recipients is priceless. The browser is 1st class.

What pisses me off is the negativity even inside this forum. The supposed fans are actually creating a black eye for this product. Yes - a few things have annoyed me a bit as well - but threatening to take the phone back because of this or that minor issue is just stupid. I think people need to stop using this thing in one hand while holding a grenade in the other. Commit to the platform and and help improve it. The iPhone is far from perfect and they're on v6.1.2. This is 1.0 folks!!!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:10 AM
    Sod off. While I was annoyed too watching these 2 post accounts you know are owned by Apple bash the z10. Some of us have legit complaints and want fixes ASAP. For instance......BBM has been down for thousands of people since yesterday afternoon
    Freaking fix it and address it and let us know you are addressing it

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:17 AM
    Though I agree with the sentiment that there should be less whining and complaining, it is pretty much to be expected. People expect things to work a certain way and often don't want to take the time to learn how to use a device. That's not to say that there aren't legitimate complaints because no device is perfect and no two OS's work identically. There will always be a learning curve for the developer and the user. The rants and complaints don't surprise me. What surprises me most is the number of people who rush to buy a new device and then complain without taking the time to learn how to use it effectively.
    02-23-13 07:23 AM
    Then people wonder why there's so many negative reviews, all someone has to do is log on here read a few and write their blog.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:28 AM
    100% complaints broken done:

10% Of complaints are from people who have minor issues which are solved once posted and helped.
    20% Of complaints are form people who have never used a touch screen device in their entire life, but with help from users here they solved that issue.
    20% Of complaints are from novice users who never had a blackberry device in their entire life, but with help here from users they solved thier issues.
    40% Of complaints are from IOS and ANDROID users who could careless if blackberry succeeds, but with us blackberry users ignoring them, we solved those issus np's.
    10% Of complaints are from users on a new operating system in which they dislike due to not having this or that application prior to upgrading, but in time these issues will be resolved.
    02-23-13 07:31 AM
    Besides some brain washed evangelists, imho nobody doubts that bb10's architecture and design are far superior to the competition.

But look at it from a user's point of view: what matters is what I can do right now with my phone, and that's where the z10 sadly is way behind the competition. Given that bb most likely makes more money than I do, why should I spend my hard earned Pennies helping them, especially if that means I have to miss lots of functionality - pay more to get less. IF they succeed, I can still join in and switch to bb, but it sure isn't my responsibility to make them succeed.

Therefore, my forecast on the future of bb ain't very good. I don't have a clue on how much reserve they have, how long they can continue without catching market. They got an amazing (and deserved) attention from all kinds of users, even long time, loyal users of other platforms gave it a try. But it still comes down to functionality, and while they don't deliver that, they will scare away people, to the point of concluding "bb never again".

I will get me a z10 as soon as it's finally available here, despite knowing that much water will flow down the rivers before I will be able to use it as my daily phone, if ever at all

In short, it has great potential, but it's up to bb to develop it, not to the users accepting lack of functionality and issues.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 07:51 AM
    So why get one then if your already whining about its functions? If you have nothing but negative thoughts then your just setting yourself up for failure

Posted via CB10
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-23-13 08:00 AM
    So why get one then if your already whining about its functions? If you have nothing but negative thoughts then your just setting yourself up for failure

Posted via CB10
    So " bb10's architecture and design are far superior to the competition" and " has great potential" are negative thoughts?

I'm just not expecting the majority of users to have the willingness to switch or the patience to bear to miss what they're used to have already.

02-23-13 08:10 AM
    Sod off. While I was annoyed too watching these 2 post accounts you know are owned by Apple bash the z10. Some of us have legit complaints and want fixes ASAP. For instance......BBM has been down for thousands of people since yesterday afternoon
    Freaking fix it and address it and let us know you are addressing it

Posted via CB10
    Separate thread on that... pull the battery and reset. iMessage has been down before too. Send an SMS message and get over it!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:11 AM
    <Rant Mode On> Since the launch of the Z10, I've been watching with interest the comments on this Site and I'm staggered by what some people are saying. I've read about people returning their Z10`so etc and I'd love to be in a room with them so I could give them a Glasgow Kiss.

BlackBerry give us the best touch screen phone they've ever done by a mile and all we hear is moaning. Everything in the world that is good takes time, and is never perfect but it seems that patience, trust and support to is sadly lacking amongst posters on here. If BlackBerry had got everything right in the first version of BB10 then they would have been unique in the world to get something right first time. An OS is a process, an evolution something that is honed over time to become better and better, unfortunately some posters on here seem to forget that and expect a miracle - some was on here calling the OS half-baked! Unbelievable!

What galls me even more is that caveat that people attach to their posts such as: I'm a long time blackberry user; I used to love blackberry or I want blackberry to succeed etc etc. Well, all you want is to have a moan about blackberry, the company I love and that hurts me. If those people really meant those caveats they would be helping to improve bb10 by offering solutions to problems and being constructive in their criticism.

So in summing up, if you want to moan about bb10, do it somewhere else because you're getting right on my nerves. <rant mode off>
    Why are you so angry about what others say about the Z10? If others don't like it, why would you even care? Enjoy your blackberry and let others be.

Posted via CB10
    scorpiodsu and pb1379 like this.
    02-23-13 08:13 AM
    Well why are are people replying to obvious troll posts? I can spot em from a mile.
    When it starts off like:
    Me and my wife are long time blackberry users and we found that this sucks and that sucks and bbry is dead.
    That's written by a spotty 14 year old kid in a dark bedroom trying to stir things up on here.
    The other thing is people posting links to bashing posts on other sites, in my view that is just as bad as posting the negativity yourself.
    At the end of the day these trolls just want their chosen platform to look good by making the others look bad. Just don't feed them.

Cheers
    02-23-13 08:18 AM
    100% complaints broken done:

10% Of complaints are from people who have minor issues which are solved once posted and helped.
    20% Of complaints are form people who have never used a touch screen device in their entire life, but with help from users here they solved that issue.
    20% Of complaints are from novice users who never had a blackberry device in their entire life, but with help here from users they solved thier issues.
    40% Of complaints are from IOS and ANDROID users who could careless if blackberry succeeds, but with us blackberry users ignoring them, we solved those issus np's.
    10% Of complaints are from users on a new operating system in which they dislike due to not having this or that application prior to upgrading, but in time these issues will be resolved.
    And 100% of the bashing is done by the True Believers Of The BlackBerry who will accept ANYTHING that has a BlackBerry logo on it. How great was the 9530. The PlayBook? FANTASTIC - the best ever.

It is impressive that you took the time to analyze every issue with the Zee/Zed10 and categorize it.

Think about this. Heins (not Thor, that's not his name) delayed the Zed10 twice, in order to turn out a high quality product. He achieved that. It is a good 1.0 phone.

Not revolutionary. Not going to change the industry for the next 10 years. Not particularly disruptive - unless all you've ever used was a BlackBerry, in which case it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And most certainly rushed out.

In any event, a great (if totally made up) analysis.
    02-23-13 08:19 AM
    Well why are are people replying to obvious troll posts? I can spot em from a mile.
    When it starts off like:
    Me and my wife are long time blackberry users and we found that this sucks and that sucks and bbry is dead.
    That's written by a spotty 14 year old kid in a dark bedroom trying to stir things up on here.
    The other thing is people posting links to bashing posts on other sites, in my view that is just as bad as posting the negativity yourself.
    At the end of the day these trolls just want their chosen platform to look good by making the others look bad. Just don't feed them.

Cheers
    That's the problem of marketing. Companies try to educate their users to evangelists, putting the brand above all reasoning.

02-23-13 08:35 AM
    All I know is that I LOVE mine...... For those that don't like theirs...... Sorry about your luck
    pb1379 and tubbyandtattooed like this.
    02-23-13 08:48 AM
    Separate thread on that... pull the battery and reset. iMessage has been down before too. Send an SMS message and get over it!

Posted via CB10
    Been done. Still thousands of people that does not fix it for. been on the phone with Blackberry and apparently it is affecting a large % of the userbase for BBM. Around 50% are either experiencing delayed slow service, or cannot log on at all.
    02-23-13 08:53 AM
    Strange all the comments made in these threads about the Z10 freezing/crashing so many times. I have had mine since the 5th of February and nothing of the sort has happened. On the other hand, I don't port apps or anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:08 AM
    Strange all the comments made in these threads about the Z10 freezing/crashing so many times. I have had mine since the 5th of February and nothing of the sort has happened. On the other hand, I don't port apps or anything.

Posted via CB10
    True, and I have ported apps too, still no freezing or crash.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:22 AM
    Apparently your attention to detail took the day off considering the rampant grammatical errors and improper punctuation in your post. And ellipses are three dots, not commas.
    only a matter of time before a bored, bitter grammer cop shows up,,, there's one in every crowd...
    Villain likes this.
    02-23-13 01:22 PM
    mater of time. Heh heh heh.
    Make that two in every crowd.
    02-23-13 01:28 PM
134 1234 ...